8th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

Almost everyone didn't pass except for Seo In and the other 3 girls. It was now my turn and everyone seems to anticipate it. except me. My heart is beating so fast that i can hear it up to my own ear.

*ba-thump ba-thump ba-thump*

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as i step to the platform. Standing in front of many people makes me nervous... but whenever i think about my mom who's working hard in Suncheon... All of my tense goes away...

I look at the judges, at Mr. Choi then at MinSoo then nodded.

"I'm...uhm...going to recite a line from ‘Pride and Prejudice’. it’s… uhm… a dialogue but I think I can make it into a monologue.” I said while trying to stop my hands from shaking.

Kang Minhyuk raises his hand.

“I think I can be your partner,” he volunteered. He looks at me with his irresistible eye smile which makes my heart throb faster than as it was.

In a small piece of paper I wrote the lines that he’s supposed to say.

It is all in English that’s why I’m a bit nervous for both of us.

 

“are you sure you can do it?” I whispered as I give him the paper.

“trust me.” the warmth of his breath tickles my ear as he whispers those words.

I felt my cheeks blush so I turned around for a few seconds and recondition myself.

‘I can do this! Aja!’ I said to myself while patting my cheeks.

I took a deep breath before I start.

‘okay… here it goes…’

 

Minhyuk(Mr. Darcy): "I certainly have not the talent which some people possess, of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done." 

you(Elizabeth): "My fingers…do not move over this instrument in the masterly manner which I see so many women's do. They have not the same force or rapidity, and do not produce the same expression. But then I have always supposed it to be my own fault -- because I would not take the trouble of practising. It is not that I do not believe my fingers as capable as any other woman's of superior execution." 

Minhyuk smiled just like in the movie and said, "You are perfectly right. You have employed your time much better. No one admitted to the privilege of hearing you, can think any thing wanting. We neither of us perform to strangers." 

 

……….

 

We both ended up with a clean finish.

I got to admit it; Minhyuk is good in speaking in English.

The flow of the dialogue is continuous which makes me easily act out all the lines.

 

Everyone was clapping their hands, even Minhyuk and the judges gave me a standing ovation.

does that mean I’m chosen?

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Okay. I will now announce the winner.” Mr.Choi holding a list.

“Congratulations to…” he paused for a moment, trying to suspense everyone. “you!”

Everyone congratulated me except for Seo In, who still depressed because of the audition.

 

I walked out of the room and dialed my mom’s number on my phone.

“Eomma!”

“oh, you, how are you? I’m happy that you called but don’t you have a class now?” my mom’s voice seems to be worried.

“well, I have. But! It won’t take long; I just want to tell you a good news!”

“what is it?”

“I got the leading role for our department’s play!”

 “really? That’s great!”

“…and there are chances that I might see ‘him’ again.” my mom became quiet. “I guess I need to go.” I turned off my phone.

why is my mom like that… doesn’t she want me to meet my real father?”

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

"JinYi, do you want to eat lunch together?" YongHwa asked.

"Don't we always eat  lunch togetehr everyday?"

"I mean, just the two of us."
"eh...uh, okay."

"Yes!" he said while holding both of my hands.

 

I thought that we're going to eat at the cafeteria. Instead, he brought me to a fancy restaurant. He said that their spaghetti here's delicious. The shop's interior is made of wood except for the front wall where there is a big glass windo that shows inside the shop from the outside. There is also a small stage where anyone can perform freely.

We ordered the best spaghetti in the house since i haven't got a clue on what to have.

We chatted until our meal arrives.

"So, you like 'Pride and Prejudice'?" he asked.

"i guess you may say that. though i just watched the movie last week and it seems pretty interesting so i read the book and tried to imitate some scenes..." i stoppped and came to realize that i've been talking too much. "Wahh... Sorry,sorry! i've been blabberng too much."

He was just looking at me with those irresistable smile that i had always caught of. because of embarassment, i blushed and covered my face with my hands.

"Hey," he was trying to remove my hands from my face. But i'm resisting even if he's holding my wrist in such a gentle way that i wanna surrender already.

"Excuse me. Here are your orders. Two Pasta with Chicken and Almond cream." the waiter cuts in between us so he let go of me. i touched the place where he held me.

it's warm...

We are done eating and now trying to finish our drinks. i was curiously looking at the stage when he stood up and went to the manager. He looks like he was pleading for something then the manager nodded. He looks at me then mouthed, 'watch me', then smiled. he went to the platform and sitted at the stool chair. He tapped the mic and tested it.

"Hello. Mic test. 1,2,3." he repeated it twice. The manager came out with a brown acoustic guitar with a quilted maple top. He strummed it to check the tune.

"Uhm, Good Afternoon. I'm going to play a song for a special person who is with me right now." He said while strumming the guitar.

"I hope to get to know you better," he added.

Then he started singing Falling Slowly. (OST from the movie "ONCE")

 

I don't know you but I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me and always fool me
And I can't react

And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
You've made it known

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
The moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black

Well, you have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
You've made it known

Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

I paid the cost too late
Now you're gone



AN:Copied from MetroLyrics.com