4th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

Suncheon, the City of Beautiful People.
It is what our city council dubbed on our city’s website.


I remembered while looking at the mirror, tying my hair to what it always looks like, a bun.
are people from our city really beautiful?
I look at my chin, my right and left cheeks then shove my bangs to look at my forehead. My face looks pretty ordinary to me.

Noises were overflowing when I stepped outside.
Girls were screaming and cameras are clicking everywhere.

“Park JinYi!” it was Yonghwa’s voice. I turned around and saw them in the middle of a swarm of admirers. The CNBlue members were swallowed by tons of their fans in the corridor outside the comfort room.
“We were looking for you!” Yonghwa said gladly and there was a camera man behind them. “Can you take us to cafeteria? We’re sort of hungry.”

A bit slow but they were moving towards my way, trying not to hurt their fans while walking away. There were spectators from each room that we pass by. I can’t help but feel embarrassed with them following my steps.

At last, we had reached the metal swinging doors of the cafeteria. I grabbed a plastic tray and followed the line. The members mimic what I did and lined up next to me.
Silence was a bit eerie, since I know that they’re not really this quiet. The line started to move. Steak, roasted chicken, sausages, corn and carrot side dish and others, plus desserts were lined behind the glass that divides us from the food. I bought a food that fits my budget perfectly, ham and cheese sandwich and a bottled water. Because I woke up late, I didn’t have the time to prepare my lunch box nor go to the convenience store to buy one.

The sun’s rays hits the cafeteria windows by this time. And with the yellow and white paint, the room looks bright and peaceful as always. I sat on the empty table near the window with the view of the school garden. One of my favorite places.

“what are you looking at?” Yonghwa asked.
“the garden. All of the flowers seems to have bloomed already.” I answered.

“yup. They’re all very pretty, like you,” Minhyuk added.
I stared at him blankly, as if I was asking, what did you say? but he just gave me an eye smile. one of his charming points that makes me blush a bit. I shook my head and grab the sandwich on my tray.

“Here.” Jonghyun placed a plastic container with a macaroni salad to my tray.
“Uh, no I’m fine with my sandwich, thank you–,” but then again, who am I talking to?
Everyone was now busy eating and even the camera man and some crew were eating on the other table across us, yet the camera is still focused on our table. I guess a reality show must display every minute and every move of their stars.
Like Jungshin eating salad and orange juice, Jonghyun munching his waffle and beside is a tangerine and bottled water, Minhyuk forking his salad with a milk beside him, really like a maknae(youngest). And lastly, Yonghwa with a sweet potato fries and Jujube shake.
Wait! Jujube shake? Can he really drink that? I mean it taste like medicine mixed with milk. I feel like I want to puke for him.
bleh! Jujube shake
He stopped sipping from drink when he noticed that I’m watching him. A smirk broke from his face and offers me his drink. I just shook my head as a sign that I don’t want it.

“Well, suit yourself. Jujube is healthy for your body. Hyun~ told me that.”
“who’s ‘Hyun~’?” I asked.
“Seohyun from SNSD.they are a couple in ‘We Got Married’. It’s funny how he hates Jujube Shake at first, I guess he is forced to drink that,” Jonghyun said.
“She even got him to read self achievement books,” Jungshin added.

I should be glad and congratulate him but some thing is stopping me from doing so.

Yonghwa wave his hand in front of my face.

“Hey! What are you starring at me so seriously?”

I snapped back to reality. I looked away and open the macaroni salad.

“Oh really? Well my guess is that…”

He folded his arms on the table and look at me straight in the eyes. “you’ve fallen for me.” I almost choke from what he has said.

“Eh!?” I exclaimed. From a seriously cute smiling face, he burst out laughing.

“Just kidding!”

“Hmpf!” then I looked away.

seriously… he looked really cute back then that I can’t help my face to turn red…