1st Voice

Can You Hear Me?

 

"Let's break up!"

are my ex boyfriend's last words.

i was standing in front of him. not prepared.
just waring a white turtle neck sweater, black slacks and a brown long coat with a knitted gray scarf around my neck which fits my hair that was tied in a bun.

we've been together for almost half a year. at first i thought that he maybe the right guy for me. i tried going out with him for a month it turns out he was my cousin's ex so i tried to talk to him and said that i don't think it's gonna work out. then again, i was easily moved by his sweet words and oh so beautiful lies that i've again lost my sight to the truth that something might be wrong. everyday he would pick me up from the University and drive me back home, give me flowers and chocolates for no reason at all and even prepared a surprise dinner.

i've already set my mind that he will be the one that i'm going to marry someday...
but all things came to an end when i saw him with a girl prettier than me at a mall while holding hands. he said he was at his cramming school. so i hid away so that he wouldn't see me. my eyes were surprised of what i've seen. he looked happier compared to these last few days when he's with me.

i put my hand onto my chest. just above my heart. it feels like something is pounding it.

i tried calling his phone to check on him.
"hello", i said.
"hey," he said. "why did you call?"
"nothing. just want to know how's school or are you really at (cramming)school?"
"eh? of course i'm at school." his voice became a bit panicky and he turns his head as if trying to find something.
to clear things out i went out of my hiding place and approached him. i asked what's happening. and his answer was,
"you're too busy studying and working and can't even at least give me some of your time."

i can't utter anything because what he had said was true.
i realized some things.
one of them was when it comes to love, i'm an amateur.
 
Now, Here I am trying to hold on to my senses.
i tried not to cry but my eyes can't hold it any longer.
someone...please save me...
i was about to break when suddenly a hat was placed to my head almost covering my whole face.

"jerks like you doesn't deserve anyone,"
someone with a handsome deep voice said.

after wards i heard someone punched, someone cursed
i removed the hat from my face and held it to my chest. someone who looks burning with anger is stepping on my ex's stomach. a guy who looks familiar like he had appeared from a korean drama came beside him.

"you're a shame to all men," a soothing voice followed.

"sh*t! who are you guys?" my ex said. then he ran.

"are you okay?" a lovely soft voice asked. i looked for where it came from.
a guy who looks a bit feminine.
in short, he's beautiful.
behind him was a tall guy in a ponytail.
he was not saying anything but looks at me in the eye for a moment and suddenly evades.

all four of them stood beside each other.
they look like models with such expensive looking clothes.

"uhm... thank you," i said to them with a bow.
"but you don't really need to do that. Really."

the lovely guy took a step and wipe my teary eyes with a blue checkered handkerchief.
"i'm Kang Minhyuk. Just Minhyuk will do," he said then smiled (eye smile:).
ah! i remembered!
while waiting for my favorite drama, i was browsing other channels and stopped at Mnet countdown. they were doing a live of their song.

a cellphone rings. definitely not mine.
"Hello," the guy who seems to be the leader answered and turn his back.
"uhuh...yeah...okay.got it."

after the phone call he turned and looked at me and said,
"wanna go to a concert?" then he showed his crooked smiled. (*fangirl scream!*)

after looking at his melty smile, the next thing i knew was i was in front of the stage with the crowd. they were screaming, yelling and chanting

"Lee Jungshin Kang Minhyuk CNBlue,
Lee Jonghyun Jung Yonghwa I'm a loner"

as each member was shown to the LCD screen beside the stage.
i'm not really familiar with their music since i only caught a glimpse of them from the TV and that's it. but after hearing a song from them my feet were tapping following the beat of their song. after each song i was becoming more and more like the crowd, chanting with them. that i didn't realized that it was almost time for me to go.

i decided to leave without saying farewell to the band, letting myself be swallowed by the fans.

"Hey you! Crying bun girl!" Jung Yonghwa yelled.

i look around and it seems like he was pertaining to me.
i turn around and all of the members of the band looked at me and made a smile gesture tracing their lips with their 2 fingers. (some maybe using both index fingers, some will use thumb and index. or their other fingers. imagine whichever you like :D )
everyone screams louder after they made that gesture. i felt myself smiling and bowed them farewell.

i was already on the bus when i reached in my pocket.
and to my suprise i still have Munhyuk's hanky and pull it out.
i'll return it next time i saw them.
it smelled really nice, makes all the sadness for this day be wash away.