16th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

I felt suffocated so I left running away from the theatre. I hailed a taxi and gave the directions to the restaurant. I breathe in and out deeply. Unconsciously, some tears were falling from my eyes.

I guess that's the reason why he wanted me to watch... he wanted to show his feelings for SeoHyun... But why does he have to do that... He makes me hate him for that...

I felt pained and outcasted when I was in the theatre while watching him make that big news.

_________________________________________________________________________

"So... Have you given a thought about the Scholarship?"
The scout asked while cutting her steak.

"Uhm, I still need to ask my mom about it."

"Hm, Okay." she smiled at me. "I hope you'll make the wisest decision." she said then drank her wine. "Oh, yes, before i forgot. You have to give me your answer as soon as possible because I need to go back to France after 3 days and you have to come with me by that time if you decided to come."

I stopped eating and stare at her.
3 days? then i won't have enough time to go back to Suncheon...

"By the way, where's your guardian?"

Uh oh, i forgot to ask Mr.Choi to come to the dinner.

"Erm... That is..."

A man in his late forties stood behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. Some problem occured at the station that I'm working."

He offered her his business card and shook hands.

"I'm Song DongWoo. Ms.Park's guardian."

The Scout reads his business card. "Mr.Song from SBC? Nice to meet you! I;ve always watched the shows from your company. 'You're my Personnal Cinderella' is one of your recent hit drama.

"Thank you, thank you. I'm glad you like our shows."

I stared at him even after he sitted down and most of the time. I stood up and excused myself from the ladies room.

Is that really him? I asked myself and held on to a piece of him in me. The locket.

______________________________________________________________________

"So now that everything is settled, I will meet you 3 days later at the airport." She said to me.

It seems like they had continued their talk even if i'mk not around.

Since the meeting is over, they shook each other's hand and exited the restaurant. Both of them matched each other's pace as I were left behind. Alone. He hailed her a cab and waved goodbye.

"So...How did you know that I'm here?" I said to him with his back still facing me.

He slowly turned around and said, "You're mom told me... Since she can't come to your play and... I... Sort of... overheard your conversation with the French lady at the backstage..."

 

Eavesdropping

 

I'm not angry nor sad as i met my father again. I just feel that it was such a waste for those times that we weren't together...

 

We walk side by side without saying any words nor asking any question 'til we reach my apartment. I want to invite him in but when I was about to do so, he bid his farewell.

"Well, I got to go now..."

"Uhm, okay..." I said and both of us bowed.

 

I waited...until his back disappesrs from my sight...

As soon as I reach my apartment I flopped on the bed and closed my eyes. I want to fall asleep but there were thoughts circling around my head. Like...

 

Why did he showed up just now?...

 

Why did he left us?...

 

And what's wrong with YongHwa making me stay as if the song was really meant for me when in fact it is not...

 

 

As I seek for answers, I slowly doze off to dreamland.