9th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

 

Graduation day is just a month away…

It is also their last day in our school…

 

We’ve been practicing for more than a week now.

I’ve also been receiving deadly glares from my classmates for being the protagonist for the play.

 

“Hey!” a familiar voice called while I’m on my way to the practice room. “How are you?”  My ex-boyfriend that got hit by the CNBlue guys, said as he steps out of the room. I was surprised to see him in my department since he belongs to the Art department, the building next to the Film and Directing department which is beside us.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

He swiftly walks in front of me and comb my hair to the back of my ear, “…I miss you.” but then someone slaps his hands.

“Don’t touch her.” Minhyuk was standing behind me. I’ve never seen this side of Minhyuk before so I was a bit surprised and my eyes widened. “I’m sorry but we need to go,” He took my hand and pulls me away. I somehow felt relief since I don’t have to say anything to him (my ex).

“Thank you,” I said to Minhyuk. He smiled and said, “Don’t get too carried away by his lies. You might end up hurting yourself again… and I don’t want that.” His grip tightened as he said those words with care.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

 

Everyone is busy with the showcase coming in a week count.

Half were doing the props and other things, while some practice their lines.

I’m practicing mine with Jungshin. We were standing a few feet apart from each other with the scripts in our hand and the camera man filming every move that we make.

 

“I know hyung loves you, that’s why for the last time…” Jungshin took a step closer and touches my faces like what is written in the paper we are holding.

“…I want to say I love you before I leave.”

 

“Leave? Where?” I closed my eyes and tried to think something sad so that my eyes would become teary like what it should be in the play. But as soon as I opened them Jungshin’s face is coming closer.

wait! Scene 12 has a… KISSING SCENE!?

“w-wa-wait! I don’t think we need to do everything that’s in the script right now. It’s just a practice.” My heart was pounding fast. my first kiss… he almost took it…

 

“Okay everyone! Break time!” ‘Director’ MinSoo yelled.

just in the right time

I walk away from Jungshin and went my way to MinSoo.

“What are you doing!?” I asked her.

“Eating,” she said innocently but she knows what I mean since she sets me up to practice with Jungshin before we started.

“Aigoo~” I just sighed at her and took a seat beside her.

“I told you everything will be interesting,” she said while taking a sip from her juice.

“What ‘interesting’? My first kiss! It almost got taken away!” okay, now I sounded pretty stupid. Getting angry because of a kiss…. But still…

“…look in the script. Read it again.” so I followed her and took the script from her hands.

i don’t know whether I should be relieve or not since it still includes a ‘kissing’ scene, except it’s in the forehead. I guess it’s not that bad…

“I think I need to go to the washroom,” I said to MinSoo and walk out of the room.

 

I was washing my face when someone came in. it was SeoIn and the other 3 girls that didn’t pass the audition for the lead role.

“I guess you flirted them to give you the main lead on the play,” SeoIn accuses me.

“What are you talking about?” I told her as I wipe my face with a paper towel.

“You know what I’m talking about.” She snapped her fingers and the two girls grab my arms.

“Hey!” I flail my arms as much as I could but they’re just too persistent. They threw me inside the cubicle and lock the door with a mop.

“Hey! Let me out!” I pound on the door with all my strength. I heard them laughing and walking out of the room.

“No…” my pounding became weak. I sat on the toilet bowl cover, hugging both of my knees. I don’t like being locked, it feels traumatic. ‘Someone… anyone… please come…”

 

“Where am I?” I asked myself when I woke up. I guess I’m still locked in. . It was already dark. I glanced at my watch to look at the time.

it’s 6pm

Everyone must be out by now. I can’t help but to cry. Cry out loud because of being helpless…

“Wahhh….Huhuhuhu…..”

 

I stopped crying when I heard someone knocked.

“Is anybody in here?” a familiar male voice asked.

“Yes! Help me please! I’m locked up in here.” I started pounding the door again.

“Just a minute.” I heard him open the door and saw the mop being pulled off the cubicle door. As soon as he opened the door I quickly jump to his embrace.

 

I don’t care who’s this person is… I just need some warmth…