18th Voice | Book 2

Can You Hear Me?

 

As soon as the plane’s wheels rolled at the runway of Incheon international airport, my heart starts to beat really hard.

“This is it.”

No one knows I’m coming back except for my dad. I was wearing a red wine colour halter dress that covers up to my knees and a red high heeled shoes with toes open to match the dress. I don’t usually wear this kind of dress but Ms. Morel gave me this and said,

“It would be a waste if you won’t show those beautiful legs of yours.”

I was a bit embarrassed at first but I got a hang of it quickly. Dad ran to me as soon as he saw my presence at the airport.

“Jinyi!”

He was crying at the same time smiling as he gave me a hug.

“Okay Dad, that’s enough.” I hugged him and tapped his back when people started to look at us.

“I’m just happy that you’re back and–“ He looks at me from head to toe.

“...could you turn around for a second?”

I did what he told me to and I slowly turned around. And when I’m done twirling 360 degrees, he was crying again, “Dad, why are you crying again?”

“Because... because... my little daughter... is now... an adult... that’s why...”

I felt happy because he is still as caring as before. I locked arms with him while he carries my travelling bag.

________________

We decided to eat at a restaurant that serves ramen because it has been a while since I’ve eaten one. While waiting for our order, I told dad all that had happened in Paris, including the time when I modelled for a painting. And he said,

“That’s my daughter!”

I never thought that dad would be this funny, my first impression when I met him for the first time after how many years was he’s a very serious businessman who doesn’t know how to have fun. We became close after I exchange my number with him before I went to Paris, after that he would always call me three times a week. Even though international calls are so expensive, he would call as soon as I sent him an sms about my day, whether bad or good.

“I really meant to ask you this later but I can’t help to ask it now...”

I was starting to change the topic of our conversation into some more serious, something that I’ve been meaning to ask him as soon as we met again.

“Why did you left me and mom?” I asked with a serious face.

He stopped laughing and looked down at his drink.

“I didn’t really leave you... but rather... your mom left me.”

“Eh!? Really!?” I said loudly and stood up because I’m surprised. Really surprised.

“Sshhh...” he hushed. “Well, here’s the story...” He hasn’t started yet but he was blushing.

“I’m sorry... I’m.. a bit embarrassed on what you’re going to hear.”

“Oh, sure, sure. Go ahead.” I said while digging into my ramen.

“I was offered a job in Seoul when you were 4 years old. I can’t refuse since it’s from my brother’s company.” He took a sip from his tea cup.

“You, me and your mom went to Seoul. Everything was fine. Until one day she had an argument with my sister-in-law...” he paused, breathed in, and sighed.

“What did they fought about?” I asked after drinking the soup from the bowl disgracefully that it doesn’ fit my image perfectly.

Dad sighed again, “They fought on who is the cutest between you two cousins.”

“Wait a sec... I have a cousin?”

“Yeah, he was at the airport last time you were here. You didn’t know?”

 

I tried to remember those who were with us back then.

 

Yonghwa... Jonghyun... Minhyuk... Jungshin...

 

Only the four of them... if its only them... then one of them is my cousin!?

__________________

My dad suggested that I should live with him instead of going back to that crimpy little apartment. We ride shotgun in his white Lancer EX. It doesn’t seem like to be a company car since it doesn’t have anything that connects him to the company. We drove for about an hour til we reach his house. We stopped in front of a stone walled 2 story building painted in white. When we went through the gate, I noticed that the front wall of the house was made up of glass, making the living room very visible. This house looks really beautiful and modern compared to what I’ve lived in before when I was in high school. That cramped-up apartment where those four boys would always frequent.

I was about to open the door when some suddenly opened it for us.

“Ahjussi, the director is looking for you– “

We stared at each other for a long time that I almost forgot dad in the car.

“Oh, you’re back!”

I saw again those beautiful eye smile that he had shown me before.

 

 

 


AN: I decided not to post a new story but just continue it in this page since there were already subs, and i don't wanna confuse you guys anymore~

anyway, i was thinking of adding other characters...hm... EXO cameos? lol:))))

oh btw, i have a live journal acct now.

weeeee to me~ xD