14th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

For two days we continued practicing even if YongHwa is in Japan, and as always, the bright MinSoo added SeoHyun as a character in the play.

"A love triangle," she says.

SeoHyun says she wasn't busy that's why she took the part. She seems enthusiastic about it.

 

After practicing for an hour, surprisingly YongHwa entered the room. He looks at me and smiled. I looked away, not wanting him to see how my happy blushing face.

"Yong!" SeoHyun happily skipped her way to YongHwa followed by the others. I wanted to go near him too, yet, at the same time i'm scared.

 

"Did you miss me?"

Someone whisphers to my ear which surprised me and gave me some goosebumps. I covered my ear and saw YongHwa smiling at me. I blushed and walks away from him. Even though i left him there, he insistently follows me everywhere.

"Oi! Park JinYi! Wait!" He was calling my name when i rushed outside the practice room and catching my breathe. I feel nervous and embarassed to face him yet there's no reason to be...

 

Since YongHwa came back, the chatter in the cafeteria was non-stop as soon as i entered. 

While getting a meal, i could hear the cafeteria ladies talking.

 

"They look like a perfect match."

"A handsome boy and a pretty girl."

"Sweet Potato couple!"

 

I looked at their table. YongHwa and SeoHyun seating beside each other.

I agree... They do look perfect together...

After paying for my food I decided not to sit with them this time. I saw an empty table on the other side of the cafeteria. I was on my way ther when JungSHin grabs my tray.

"eh?" i impulsively uttered.

"where are you going? Our table is this way." he pointed to the table where SeoHyun and YongHwa is seated.

I shook my head and wave my hand at the same time.

"It's okay. i think i might be bothering you guys if i seated with you."

But JungShin was very persistent. He carried my tray and placed a hand on my back, leading me to their table.

MinHyuk was seated beside YongHwa and SeoHyun, while JongHyun's on the opposite side of them. JungSHin places my tray beside JongHyun's and seated after me. I don't like where i am seated now. YongHwa, who's in front of me is making me nervous so i didn't look up much.

"how's japan?" SeoHyun asked YongHwa.

"Hmm... The food is very delicious, and the people are kind..." He said.

"Did you miss your wife?" MinHyuk teasingly asked.

YongHwa looks at me and then to SeoHyun. He smiled at her and said.

"Of course."

 

Why does he have to look at me like that?...

 

 

I was on my way home when JongHyun's motorcycle stops in front of me. He didn't remove his helmet to say anything. Instead he threw me an extra helmet.

Maybe he's asking me to come with him.

I placed the helmet on my head and without any second thought, ride at the back of his motorcycle. I held on tight at his waist as he speedily drove pass the buildings and houses.

Even if i'm wearing the helmet i could smell the salty air.

where are we?

 

We parked under the tree, and when i removed the helmet the salty smell became stronger. I looked at my back and saw the sea. I didn't wait for JongHyun. I quickly remove my shoes and left them beside my bag and happily ran through the sea.

It was 3 years since i've seen one. That was when i was still in Suncheon. I know i look childish the way i'm acting now. Digging my feet unto the sand, writing my name on it and kicking the water.

I felt some water splash on my back and when i turn around i was dumbfounded.

 

It wasn't JongHyun that i am with, but instead....

 

it was....YongHwa.

 

 

"W-Why are you here?"

I stopped playing and asked him. He didn't say anything but just gave a smile.