12th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

"JinYi, wake up."

I could hear YongHwa's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw his handsome face in front of me. I was quickly taken aback because of the surprise.

"Wha-what are you doing?"

"waking you up. It's time to go." He walked away amd picks up the two bags on the floor. The brown one was mine and the other one ...Maybe...his? Then I remembered that we  have a practice today for the play.

"Wait! I need to go to the theatre." I rose up from the bed and shove my feet onto my shoes.

"You don't have to," YongHwa said. "i've already told them that you're sick."

"But its just a week away! I need to perfect it!" I was getting impatient and stood up. I want to practice and practice so that the showcase would be perfect.... So that He could notice me... remember me...

YongHwa dropped the bags on the bed and turned to face me. He holds both of my cheeks with his warm hands.

"Don't push yourself too hard or else i'll be worried sick."

With those words being said, my heart feels like its going to melt. We were like frozen in time, but as soon as JongHyun showed up he quickly moves away. JongHyun looked at YongHwa then at me.

"Are you gonna go home now?" JongHyun asked as he walks in front of me.

"Not yet-"

"Yes she is. I'm going to send her home now." YongHwa interrupted.

"Let me send her home hyung. Since you'll be seeing your wife today," JongHyun said as he took my bag from YongHwa. YongHwa didn't say anything as he let JongHyun get a hold to my bag. Quietly, YongHwa left the room leaving me and JongHyun alone.

"Let's go home," JongHyun who was carrying a serious face when he entered the infirmary is now smiling at me so brightly.

 

 

"...What kind of music do you like?" JongHyun asked when we sitted in the bus on our way to my apartment.

"Music? Hm... I've never really thought of it, but... I like mellow or or ballads rather than pop."

"ahh... then, what kind of flowers do you like?"

"I like roses, but i think tulips are my favorite. Especially the purple ones."

"Let me guess your favorite colour..."

"What?"

He moves closer to me and lean on my ear amd said, "...purple..." in a husky voice which can make every woman's heart flutter as his breath tickles my ear. I covered my ear as I blushed hard amd move away from him. He looks amused as he giggles to himself.

 

__________________________________________________________

 

JongHyun took my invitation to have some tea before he leaves when we arrived in my apartment.

"There's not much stuff in here," he commented as he followed me to the kitchen.

"I didn't necessarily need much since i just came here to study,"i said as i took out two cups and a tea pot from the cabinet.

 

We talked about each other. Our homes, hobbies and dreams.

"I want to become a skilled actress," I said to him and took a sip from the cup.

"Aren't you already?" His eyes were looking at me as he sip from his cup.

"I think it's not yet enough." I placed my cup down and stare at it unconsciously. JongHyun's hand reached mine and holds it tight.

"Just do your best and that's enough already." He was looking at me directly in the eyes and smiled. His smile seems to melt me away...

 

He was standing outside my apartment door as i send him away.

"uhm... Thanks for taking me home," I said and bowed to him.

"Thanks also for the tea."

He was about to take a step down the stairs when I stopped him.

"Wait!"

I quickly went inside and took the first thing that i saw. A red and gray stripped knitted scarf. I went back and handed him the scarf. But instead of taking it from my hands, he bended forward slightly.

I guess he wants me to put it on him.

I obediently loop the scarf around his neck. He seems very happy after I tied it. His smile makes me wonder what kind of person he really is.

 

Lee JongHyun, a happy go lucky music loving kind of guy.