Chapter 1

Depends On a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jieun entered a big, extremely big mansion. She looked around as her aunt guide her inside. She saw how rich the owner of the mansion, knowing how it looked like. Broke a thing; her life woulnd’t be that good.

“Ajjuma, am I really alright here?”, Jieun asked; hurriedly matched her step with her aunt. She linked her arm around her aunt’s and walked carefuly; not wanting to touch anything there.

Her aunt stopped and looked at her. “It’s alright, Jieun-ah. You’ll be fine here. No one would hurt you, okay. Except...”, her aunt sttoped and decided not to finish her words.

“Except –what, ajjuma?”

“Forget it, darling. Let’s go to your room!”, her aunt rubbed Jieun’s arm and dragged her inside her room.

Jieunlooked around and found her room was twice bigger than her own –at home. “Ajjuma, is this really my room? Didn’ I come here as a maid? Why so big?”

Her aunt chuckled and flicked Jieun’s forehead. “Aigoo. This is Maids’ room, Jieun-ah. You need to see the master bedroom, it is much bigger than this”, she placed Jieun’s luggage on the floor beside her bed.

“Tsk. This is maid’s room. Then what can I call my own room at home? A janitor? Closet?”, Jieun shook her head and sat on the bed. “It’s flufflier than my bed, ajjuma”.

“Alright, alright. You need to rest right now. Sleep, and you’ll start work here after school. I’ve placed your uniform on your closet, alright?”, he aunt patted Jieun’s head and smiled.

“Wait!”, Jieunbeamed and ran to the closet, opening it and took out her new uniform. “Oh my God. Ajjuma, is this really my uniform?”

“Do you think it’s mine?”, her aunt joked and heading closer to Jieun. “Mrs. Wu is the one who enroll you there. You need to thank her later when she arrived”.

“Mrs. Wu?”

“Yes. She is the owner of this house and everything. And she paid for your study too”.

“Where’s she now? I want to thank her”, Jieun grabbed her aunt’s wrist, motioned her to met her with Mrs. Wu.

“She is working overseas right now. She’ll back the next day after tomorrow. Now, you go sleep and rest”, her aunt pushed Jieun toward the bathroom inside Jieun’s new room.

“There’s even a bathroom inside my room now”, Jieun beamed and laughed at her aunt.

“Clean up and sleep! You need to go to school and work tomorrow!”

“Alright, ajjuma”, she smiled and kissed her aunt’s cheeks before walked inside the bathroom.

“Wait, Jieun-ah!”, her aunt called before Jieun could close the door. “Be careful with the young master, Mr. and Mrs. Wu’s son”, she added after she know that Jieun paid attention to her.

Jieun tilted her head. “Why? I know he got a bad reputation, but I don’t know why. Why s it, ajjuma?”

Her aunt sighed and shook her head. “Nothing, darling. Just be careful, alright?”, she smiled and left the room, closed the door of Jieun’s new room.

Jieun pouted and stared at her aunt’s figure who dissapeared behind the closed door. “Why don’t you tell me, ajjuma? Why do I need to be careful? It’s not like I am going to get by him”, she stopped and tilted her head. “..... Or is it?”

 

-

 

Kris walked inside his house almost midnight. The maids opened the front door from him, and took his bag. They could smell alcohol from him; that’s what happened every night, so no one would really complain about it.

“Got me a warm water to bathe”, he told one of the maid as he took off his coat and handed it to another maid.

“Do you want something to eat, young master?”, one of the maid asked after she bowed at him.

“No. Just go!”, Kris said as he sat his body on the couch and rubbed his temple; closing his eyes for a while. “Wait!”, he stopped the maid before they left and looked at them. “I heard from my mom that there a new maid here”.

“Y-Yes. It is, young master”, Jieun’s aunt who present there answered. “She is my niece”.

Kris eyes Jieun’s aunt up and down. “Your niece, Mrs. Lee?”, Kris smiled, knowing that maybe the new maid would do a good job since Jieun’s aunt was one of the trustworthy maid for his family.

“Y-Yes, young master. She maybe sleep now. She’ll working from tomorrow”.

“Alright. You can go now!”, Kris let out a small smile and let the maids do their works.

 

-

 

Kri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter