Chapter 8

Depends On a Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Poster by meonglee eonnie. Thank you for the pretty poster eonnie^^

Anyone wanted to make a poster for me?? C:

 


 

 

“You two are back?”

 

Both Kris and Jieun turned their heads to the voice and saw a guy –maybe almost the same age as Kris stood before them; smiling. He has a milky white skin, his hair styled perfectly; indicating that he was a notable person. His looks matured perfectly; matched well with his age –or even younger. Sure, he wasn’t as tall as Kris; he was inches shorter than Kris. But it didn’t change the fact that he was one of the perfections –just like Kris.

He took a few steps closer to the two and bowed his head slightly. “It’s good that you two are here already. We have something to do, Kris”, he said; eyes directly toward Kris before turning to Jieun. “You must be Jieun. Am I right?”, he asked; still smiling as if his face was made for it.

He offered his hand to Jieun but Kris immediately stopped him; holding his wrist. The guy turned to Kris; so did Jieun.

“Who are you?”, Kris asked. His jaw clenched. No one dared to come to his house except the ones who his family close with. But this guy; he didn’t know him at all.

“Ahh. Did I forget to introduce myself? But I’m sure you read my resume already, Kris”, he snapped Kris’ hand away from his wrist and offered his hand to him formally. “I’m Suho. Your new secretary”.

Kris stopped and trying to recolect his mind about the map Luhan gave him this morning.

“You must have forgot to remember my appearance when you read my resume”, Suho –the guy, said and smiled again; offering his hand to Jieun. “It’s nice to meet you, Jieun”.

Jieun looked at Kris before pushed the guy away to took Suho’s hand and bowed. “N-Nice to mmet you too, S-Suho-ssi”.

Suho chuckled. “You don’t need to be formal to me. I’m just the same age as Kris”, he bowed back before looked at Kris. “I’m sorry, but we need to talk privately, and there’s someone you need to meet right now. In Mrs. Wu’s office”, Suho said and turned his body then walked away; dissapeared from their sight.

Kris sighed and looked at Jieun. “Go to your room, and don’t come out before I told you to. I’ll go to your room later. Follow me for this one, Jieun. I beg you!”, Kris ran his hands to cup Jieun’s face and moved the strands of her hair away from her face.

Jieun bit her lips; unsure with what it was about, but then she nodded her head and follow what Kris wanted to.

Kris stared at Jieun’s back; waiting for her to dissapeared from his sight before he went to his mom’s office room. He couldn’t hid the scare he was feeling right now. Everything would be in a mess if he couldn’t handle it. He knew what was about to come –to him.

 

 

Kris opened the door of Mrs. Wu’s office and found his mom; the Suho guy; and of course the person Suho mentioned before who was the same person he guessed –Gloria.

He took a deep breath before stepped farther to the room; ready to face everything he need to. He glanced at Gloria; nothing change about her. She was still the same; pretty, model like figure. Her hair fell on her back; he remembered the last time it was a black ones, but this time she already dyed it blond.

He turned his eyes back to his mom. “What is it, mom?”, he asked. His fist clenched on his side. He heard a footsteps walked closer to him –Suho. The guy gave Kris a reassuring massage on his shoulder.

“Why don’t you greet her?”, his mom asked; pointing at Gloria who sat on the couch; ready to stood up. “Greet your sister, Yifan!”, his mom nodded at him; told him to do what she told him to.

Kris sighed once again and turned his heels to the mentioned woman. “Long time no see.... Noona”, he greeted.

Gloria sent a small smirk as she hugged Kris’ waist with her arms and rested her head on his shoulder. “Long time no see you too, Yifan. I’m glad we meet again after years. How are you?”, she asked; pulling away from Kris.

“Fine. You must be fine too... Right?”, Kris asked; unsure and scared of her answer.

“Of course I’m not fine; ever since you left Canada, I’m not fine, Kris”, she ran her fingers on his cheeks while Kris; trying to control his emotion not to push her and slap her face.

Mrs. Wu cleared ; gaining the attention of the people inside the room. “Right, now you two better go to your own room and rest. You must be tired, Gloria. It was a long flight from Canada”.

Gloria snickered and rolled her eyes. “You know it really well, MOM”, she emphasise the word MOM and brought her heels out the room.

Mrs. Wu closed her eyes as she threw her body on her seat. The situation before Kris came was heated; scary, and awkward. She massage her forehead and let out a long-loud sigh.

“Mom, is it alright to let her live here?”, Kris asked. His voice was soft and low. He didn’t want to hurt his mom’s feeling.

“What can we do? It’s your father’s will. She’ll be there for a while”, she replied; eyes still closed.

 

=

 

Gloria was the name people called her when she was in Canada. Wu Xingyue was her real name. Ever since Kris’ mom divorced his biologycal father, she worked by hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter