chap 13

Stay for You

Day passed by days so fast, that without so much realization it’s already count on a week. Everything seems okay, or that’s how some of them think.

Yoona who is still fighting for the tall girl is obviously unaware about sooyoung’s scholarship. She is too preoccupied with every thought about how to win the tall girl’s heart, or about what to do to get the tall brunette back, and all.

Even so, everything is going okay between them, or that’s how yoona thinks. Even if sooyoung still says nothing about whatever yoona does, the tall girl doesn’t push her away. And sooyoung just yoona does whatever she wants, either because she can’t bring herself to hurt the doe eyes girl or she is just still so much in love with her.

And while yoona is still busy with all that how-to-win-sooyoung-back, the tall girl in the other hand has been quite disturbed with her own mind to decide about which college she will choose. And aside from taeyeon, nobody knows about sooyoung’s struggled mind these days.

Sooyoung is lying on her bed, thinking silently just after the doe eyes girl left her room a moment ago. She is staring at the ceiling, her mind wondered.

“So, have you decided?” taeyeon asked her bestfriend who lost in her thought, she doesn’t even realize that taeyeon already inside her room.

“Hmm?” feeling startled, she just turned and see her bestfriend stand beside her bed.

“What did you say to the student affair deputy this morning?” taeyeon took a sit on sooyoung’s bed. knowing that sooyoung already met the student affair deputy, she wants to know about sooyoung’s decision.

“Take a look at the red map on the table..” sooyoung ordered, shifting her gaze back to the ceiling.

Taeyeon took the red map on the table which is just beside sooyoung’s bed.

“Seoul university?” taeyeon brows creased.

“Yeah..” sooyoung mumbled

“She offered you another scholarship?” taeyeon asked “it’s the same college I’m in..” she said.

 “Yeah..” sooyoung chuckled “she just gave me another headache..”

“Gezz.. headache?” taeyeon sighed, staring at her bestfriend “you should be grateful that you’re blessed with that kind of brain, you know..”

“Yeah, I know..” she said, giggled “I am..”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know taeng…” she sighed “what do you think?”

“You’re not seriously asking me that..” taeyeon answered, staring at her bestfriend

“Hmm? Why?” sooyoung asked, turning back at her short bestfriend.

“Because you do know what you want..” she said simply “and you do know what hold you back..”

That word gets the tall brunette keeps in silent for a moment before she voiced.

“It’s funny, isn’t it?” sooyoung let out a bitter laugh “she is the reason why I want to accept that overseas scholarship..” she sighed “yet the same reason why I want to stay..”

Silence fills the room, they are both drowning into their own thought.

“Soo..” taeyeon called softly “tell me what’s on your mind right now..”

“There is a white envelope on the table..” sooyoung mumbled

Taeyeon just took a look at it, and a deep sigh escape her lips.

“Tomorrow, at 6AM?” taeyeon asked, staring at a plane ticket.

“Yeah…” she took a sit position “I think..” she said, staring at her bestfriend “this might be the best for us..” she mumbled “for me..”

“Soo..”

“Okay..” sooyoung cut, refusing to talk more about the topic “are you going to drive me to the airport?” she asked, giving a wide grin.

Taeyeon just stared at her tall bestfriend, knowing that the tall brunette must be trying hard to hold her tears from talking about a certain girl.

“Of course, silly..” taeyeon let out a chuckle “why do you even ask that?”

Ant that sentence bring another silence into that room. They are staring at each other, and taeyeon surely knows what bother her bestfriend so much.

“Have you told her?” taeyeon asks, and sooyoung only keep silent.

“When are you planning to tell her?” taeyeon asked another question, which earning another silent answer from the tall girl.

“Don’t tell me..” taeyeon paused “you’re not planning not to tell her?” she asked.

“Soo..” taeyeon called softly, trying to get her bestfriend to answer her question.

“It will ruin everything..” sooyoung voiced, not meeting taeyeon eyes.

“I need a week to make a decision about this, and I know, the moment I tell her, I might ruin everything..”

“Do you think I will still go when she asks me not to?” sooyoung let out another bitter chuckled “even if I am not sure that she will ask me to stay or not..”

“Soo…” taeyeon stared at her bestfriend, she can see so much pain there “you’re going to hurt her..” she stated slowly “and yourself..” she added.

“Oh.. are you taking her side now?” sooyoung asked playfully.

“I’m not letting you get out from our talk…” taeyeon said, her eyes still fixed on the tall girl. She knows how sooyoung is. She is trying to run from this, from what hurt her, because she is not ready to face this. She is trying to hide that sadness, pain, that broken, she doesn’t want to seem weak. But it’s taeyeon who she is talking to.

“I thought you hate her?” sooyoung asked, taking a glance at the latter.

“I do..” taeyeon simply stated “I care about you, not her..” she added “as much as I hate her for hurting you, I hate it more when I see you like this..”

“I am okay.. I’m just..”

“You’re not okay..” taeyeon cut “stop telling me that you are..” she sighed “you’re running, soo..”

“And, as much as I hate her..” the short girl continued “I miss the tall cocky girl who said that she can make yoona falling madly in love with her…”

It's true, she misses the old sooyoung. The girl who full of confidence and doing whatever she wants, right or wrong. She misses the old sooyoung who will just stand up after so much rejection, who will not give up until she gets what she want, and obviously not sooyoung who will running from her problem like this. She just misses her bestfriend so much.

Sooyoung chuckled “oh yeah, I miss that tall cocky girl too..” she playfully added.

And they burst out in laughter, sooyoung stared at her bestfriend “you’re seriously know how to make me feel better..” she said, knowing that heavy feeling lifted slightly “I will miss you, taeng..” she said, hugging her bestfriend.

“I will miss you too..”

“So..” taeyeon said after they broke from their hug “you’re still not telling her?” she asked.

Sooyoung only shaked her head slightly.