chap 12

Stay for You

“Soo..” taeyeon opened the tall girl’s room door while calling her bestfriend name, only to be surprised of the sight she had. She is standing in front of now the sleeping sooyoung, along with the doe eyes girl in her embrace with her back facing her.

Sooyoung opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjust from the room’s light. After seconds, she realized that her short friend is actually standing in front of her with that what-is-this look, and another second, it change to you-have-something-to-explain look.

And sooyoung left there speechless, still with her arms around the other girl. And she can only give that I-don’t-even-know-what-I’m-doing look or that don’t-even-ask-me-about-this look.

Taeyeon only sighed “we need to talk..” she mouthed to the tall latter soundlessly before going out from the room.

Sooyoung let out a heavy breaths, she has to explain to her bestfriend about something, that even herself doesn’t understand at all.

She stared at the sleeping figure silently, trying hard to hold herself from touching the girl’s face. It wouldn’t be good for her if the girl wake up and find her touching her face, while she has been ignoring and avoiding the latter, or how it supposes she does.

“Mmm..” yoona stirred up from her sleep, when she felt sooyoung tried to pull her hand from her shoulder.

“Morning…” yoona greeted the tall girl before giving her a peck on her lips.

“Hmm..”  she hummed, “I should get shower now..” she said to the doe eyes girl but instead of unwrapping her arms around the tall brunette, she tighten her hug “yoona..”

“Let’s stay like this for a while..” yoona cut, buried her face on sooyoung’s neck, and sooyoung can feel yoona’s warm breath on her skin.

Saying nothing, sooyoung let the girl hugging her, and stayed in the position.

“I hope we can do this everyday..” yoona said, letting the tall girl feeling her lips on her neck. And the tall brunette says nothing.

“Being with you..” yoona added “It feels so good..” she said “in your arms…” they’re staying like that for minutes, before yoona gives the latter another kiss on her lips with a sweet smile and unwrapped her arms around the tall girl. Then leaving to her own room.

I wonder if I did the right thing..” sooyoung thought.

-----

 

It’s Saturday night, sooyoung usually will go to her home, but since soojin is currently going overseas, she stays at dorm.

Sooyoung is watching some film in the living room, she had her arms folded on her chest, while the doe eyes girl is sitting beside her with her arms wrapped around the tall girl’s waist and her head on sooyoung’s shoulder. They are both watching tv along with yuri, tiffany, and jessica.

The others find it even strange seeing yoona who is surely being too clingy to the tall girl. But since sooyoung doesn’t even say a word, they pretend like it is such usual things happened everyday.

They’re watching in silence, before a certain girl appear on the living room, catching all their attention away. Taeyeon who seems just finished showering, standing there beside the tv, staring to her bestfriend. She is obviously having that another what-was-that look towards the tall girl.

“Soo..” she called slowly “let’s have a talk..”

Sooyoung just stared back to her short bestfriend before straightened her back, signaling the doe eyes girl to release her from her embrace, and all yoona can do is just reluctantly let the tall girl leave.

Sooyoung doesn’t even turn her head to look at the girl who is sitting beside her, and she just left, following her bestfriend to her room. And yoona’s eyes wouldn’t stop staring at the tall girl before she is really out from her sight, with a small smile plastered on her face.

“So, I guess you did quite well so far..” tiffany commented, staring at yoona.

“I think so..” yoona answered, smiling “even if she doesn’t even say a word about it, I feel grateful that she doesn’t push me away…”

“It’s good to see things turned out so well so far…” tiffany voiced.

“I want her badly…” yoona said

“For your information..” jessica said, staring at the tall latter “you’re smiling like a mad woman…”

“Yeah..” yoona chuckled “I’m madly in love with her…”

“Yeah..” yuri said “we can see it..”

“If only I realized it sooner, I wouldn’t hurt her this bad…” yoona sighed

“I am not saying that what you did is a right thing..” yuri stated “but, it would be better if you can just focus to what can you do not…”

“I know..” yoona smiled “I will make her mine…” she stared at her friends each in turn “because my life wouldn’t be perfect without her in it…”

-----

 

Sooyoung opened her door’s room and just walked in then laying on her bed freely, while her short bestfriend join in lying beside her seconds after. They are both staring at the ceiling silently before tayeon spoke.

“So..” taeyeon sighed, her eyes still on the ceiling “What was that?”

“What?”

“Soo..”

“I don’t know taeng..” sooyoung cut “how I wish I can understand what I am doing right now…”

“You’re hurting yourself, soo..” taeyeon turned her head, and looking at sooyoung’s side façade.

“I wonder what pain feels like..” the tall girl let out a bitter laugh “it’s either I get use to the pain or I just getting numb..”

“Soo..”

“How can she do that?” sooyoung cut, turning and meeting taeyeon’s eyes.

“What do you mean?” taeyeon asked, unsure.

“How can she make my life living a hell yesterday, but next day she makes it so damn perfect with her in my arms?”

“How can a kiss from her crush every wall I build around me all this time?”

“How can every sweet word from her make me giving in everything she is asking for?”

“How could after all that years being in pain, she is still the answered for every question I asked?”

“How can after all that rejection from her, she is still my heart demanded for?”

“Why taeng?” she asked wearily

And instead of saying a word, taeyeon turned her body, taking her bestfriend into her embrace, and wrapped her arms around the tall girl, while sooyoung lets her arms circled around taeyeon’s waist.

“Why after all that tears, that pain, that broken heart, I’m still so much in love with her?” sooyoung mumbled slowly, her face buried on taeyeon’s shoulder, and the short girl can feel her shirt getting wet.

“I am stupid, isn’t it?” she gave a bitter laugh, after feeling taeyeon only rubbing her back without even answered one of her question.

“You’re not, soo..” taeyeon mumbled softly “don’t say thing like that about yourself…”

“I wish I can just give up on her… or just running through this stupid feeling… or, or just running through this situation.. o-or.. or..” she sobbed “I don’t even know whether I can do that..” she said.

“Everything will be okay soo..” taeyeon told her slowly “I really hope that I can give you any advice right now, or giving you a word to make you feel better, or just say any thing that can stop your pain…” taeyeon said, frustrated “I feel no use for you right now..”

Hearing her bestfriend words, sooyoung let out a soft chuckled, staring at her bestfriend “I only you know how much all you do means to me, taeng..” sooyoung said “you’re giving me more than I expected you to give..” she said “I honestly can’t even imagine going through this without you..” she gives the latter a smile.

“You do know that I love you..” taeyeon said, smiling “I won’t let you going through this alone…”

They’re staying in silence for minutes, still staring at each other before taeyeon suddenly remembered what she wants to asked to the tall girl since yesterday.

“So.." taeyeon said "I heard the student affair deputy called you yesterday..”

“Oh..” sooyoung seems to think “I forget to tell you.. they offer me another scholarship overseas..” she gave a weak smile.

“And?” taeyeon asked, “what are you going to do?”

“Hmm?”

“Soo..” taeyeon called softly, demanding for more answers.

“I don’t know taeng..” she answered truthfully “What do you think?” she asked “should I take it?”

“How long they give you time to think about this?”

“Just until two weeks before we graduated..”

“So, it left you a week..”

“I wonder what happen to my life these days…” sooyoung mumbled “sometime it feels like I am going through so much pain and just looking for a way to run from all this mess..” she said slowly “but when someone offer me a way to run, I still find myself glued to whatever holding me right now…”

“Just do whatever you’re thinking is right for you, soo..” taeyeon supped her bestfriend’s face “I know you would decided what’s best for you…” she smiled “and I will support whatever choices you take..”

“Yeah..” sooyoung smiled back “thank you taeng…” she said slowly “I hope I can come up with something in a week..”