[13] EXO-K

The tug of the heart

You woke Tao from his slumber when the plane was 5 minutes from descending. He stirred awake quietly, rubbing his eyes, yawning.

"Are we in Korea?" Tao grumbled, stretching his arms forward.

"Just about, we have a couple of minutes before we starting descending." You informed, kicking your legs slightly to wake them up again. Tao immediately reached for his paper bag of lollies, offering you some again.

"It's okay Tao, thank you though" you declined, now knowing how much those sweets meant to him. Hyun Kyun had now woken up Xiumin from his shoulder and the boys behind were all shuffling awake. You looked back to see Lay rubbing his eyes.

"Sleep well?" you murmured. Lay nodded in response, his fluffy hair bouncing slightly as he nodded.

"You?" he mumbled back, hiding a yawn behind his hand. You nodded back, smiling at Lay.

---

"I hope you enjoyed your flight today, once again, thank you for flying with Korean Air" the flight attendant smiled, as you passed her through the exiting doors of the plane. You smiled back thankfully, bowing a little. You thought back to what Luhan had whispered to you before, trying to picture yourself as her. Somehow, the image in your head seemed more like reality than ever before. You pictured yourself with pristine hair, immaculate uniform and a warm smile, and somehow it seemed like it was just a plain image you could finally grasp and not just a mirage like it had been all those times you imagined it before.

---

The boys and yourself all stood by the luggage claim conveyor belt, patiently waiting for the luggage to come out. Chen had bet Kris that his luggage would come out first, putting $10 on the line.

"This is a dumb bet" Kris complained, eyeing the start of the conveyor belt intently.

"You agreed to this dumb bet" Chen retorted, also eyeing the entry. As Chen's light blue suitcase came into view he hollered in accomplishment, hitting Kris on the shoulder to pay up.

"As I said, dumb bet, you're such a cheater" Kris groaned, handing Chen the $10.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" Chen reasoned, stuffing the $10 into his own wallet. You had saw your grey suitcase come by on the conveyor belt but just as you were about to reach for it, Tao had appeared by your side and hoisted the suitcase up, placing it next to you.

"Thanks Tao" you patted Tao on the head as he smiled down at you. "Just remember next time, I'm really strong, stronger than all the others." he whispered, not wanting the others to hear. Apparently, it didn't work as all the boys disregarded his statement.

"Pfff, yeah okay Tao" Luhan laughed, coming by and swinging his arm around Tao's shoulders, pushing him down until Tao's head was the same level with Luhan's chest. Luhan began ruffling Tao's head and Tao squirmed.

"Okay now boys, come on, there's Tao's suitcase, let's start heading off" Hyun Kyun ordered, as he began leading the boys through to customs.

---

The group had huddled just before the glass screen doors that lead to the outside area. You had glanced through the doors as they opened for other people and saw that there was no visible crowd of fans waiting. You sighed slightly, feeling your anxiety calm down a little. Hyun Kyun was making sure the van had arrived already to minimalise the time the boys had to stand waiting around, increasing the chances of being noticed. You had peeked over Hyun Kyun's shoulder throughout the night, seeing who he was messaging in order to efficiently carry out the schedule. Although there was a run- down of the procedures for the flight schedule given by SM, it was always one thing to read it in theory and another thing to put it into practice.

"Alright, van's here. I'll lead, Eun Mi, you'll be at the back of the group, making sure no one gets left behind and no one else comes into contact, I don't think there are any fans here, but just to be sure." Hyun Kyun instructed, slipping his phone into his pocket. The boys began putting on their beanies and scarves, Tao had even put on some sunglasses, despite it being quite dark outside. Their looks all contrasted with their personalities only five minutes ago. Just five minutes ago, the boys were still joking with each other, Chen still teasing Kris about losing the $10, but now, they all looked super serious and were silent. Hyun Kyun had begun striding towards the automatic door, the members following behind quickly. You had to start powerwalking behind the boys just to keep up. As all eight of you made your way through the doors that lead to the outside, the cold had hit and you shivered, snuggling into your scarf. Hyun Kyun had spotted the black van waiting to the left and continued striding towards it. As the group approached the van, the driver had come out of the vehicle, going to open the boot. The boys quickly slotted their luggage into the back, Tao picking up your luggage for you again. As the boys filed into the warm van quickly, you could hear them returning back into their old selves again. The van was a 10 seater van so fortunately; you hadn't had to take the taxi back. As you slipped into the van, Hyun Kyun had slid the door close behind you, jumping into the passenger seat shutting his door as he got in.

"KOOOREEAAAA" Chen called, pumping his arms in the air. "Oh how I've missed you" he confessed, hugging the air around him.

"KOREAAAA!" Xiumin joined in, clapping his hands. Soon enough, the rest of the boys joined in on the Korea chant with Hyun Kyun rubbing his temples, and the previous image of serious, silent boys disappeared completely.

---

Although the windows were tinted, you could still faintly see the outlines of the city and could definitely hear the night life as the van drove through the city. You checked Lay's watch again, 10:55pm Beijing time, which meant it was 11:55pm here in Korea. The boys had quietened down from their previous high and you could distinctly hear Xiumin's light snoring. To your right sat Kris, and from the faint glow you knew he was on his phone.

"You should rest, practice begins tomorrow" you whispered, feeling your own phone buzz in your pocket.

"I'm texting my Mum" he whispered back softly. "Just letting her know we all landed safely."

"You're a good son" you praised Kris, it was times like this you realised how genuinely good hearted these boys were.

"You should rest too, you're part of this group now" Kris admitted, slipping his phone back into his pocket. You had unlocked your phone to see James had sent you a message.

~ Handsome James~

Even if we can't meet up, keep my updated on what's happening, So young too, xx James.

"Handsome James?" Kris queried, raising his eyebrows suspiciously.

"He put that on there, not me" you defended, raising your hands in innocence. The suspicious look on Kris's face didn't go away but he decided to brush it off.

"Alright, alright, whatever you say Eun Mi, come on, let's get some sleep then" Kris yawned getting comfortable against the head rest.

---

It was around 1:20am by the time you had reached the destination; exo's dormitory. The boys all seemed to be more awake as they got off the van, excited to see exo-k again. They somehow unloaded the van even quicker than they loaded it at the airport and were all rushing towards Hyun Kyun at the front door. Hyun Kyun tapped in the passcode to the dorm as the van was quietly driving away. The boys were almost giddy as they waited to go instead, Chen already slipping his sneakers off in preparation. Hyun Kyun opened the door in the front of him and decided to let the boys go in before him. The boys quickly rushed in, Chen shouting as he kicked his sneakers off.

"If I went in first, I'd be on the floor by now" Hyun Kyun reasoned, as you slipped into the dorm after exo-m had basically trampled in with their luggage.

"JUNMYEONNNN!" You could hear Chen's voice as ran towards someone, letting his luggage go as he ran.

"Ooff, Jongdae" a man's voice replied Chen as you saw Chen wrap his arms around the man.

"Lu ge!" another boy shouted as he strode towards Luhan, his arm extended for a shake. Luhan met the boy's hand, pulling him in for a hug. Kris gave a slight nod to tall boy, roughly the same height as Kris himself as they fist bumped, also ending with a hug.

"Baekhyun-ah" Lay called as he wrapped his arms around a smaller boy, one arm hooked on the boy's waist, the other across his back. "How's your grandmother? Have you visited her recently? We should go visit her soon." Lay hinted, smiling so hard his dimple showed. The room was filled with hugs, fist bumps and questions as the boys greeted each other. Everyone had seemingly greeted everyone else as the room fell down to just quiet chatter among people until the tall boy Kris had greeted first pointed you out.

"Is that Eun Mi?" he called, pointing a finger at you as he grinned wildly. "She's even prettier in person."

"Don't point, Chanyeol, it's rude" Kris defended, pulling Chanyeol's arm down. "Calm down buddy, she's our manager" Kris warned, eyeing Chanyeol.

"Ah sorry for him, he's very excited, I'm Junmyeon, Suho, I'm exo-k's leader, it's nice to meet you finally" Junmyeon came forward, extending his arm. You shook his hand as both of you bowed.  "The boys have told us a lot about you, I hope they're not too difficult to manage" Suho finished, earning disagreements from exo-m.

"We're much more manageable than you lot" Kris argued, coming forward to stand next to Suho, emphasising his height over Suho.

"Yeahhhhhh right, Tao's much more a baby than Sehun" another boy claimed, jeering at Tao.

"Whatever Baek, you and Chanyeol are the worst of the lot" Xiumin joined in, as he placed his arm around Tao.

"What do you think hyung?" Chen called, as Hyun Kyun finished up with his call.

"You guys are as bad as each other" he smirked as the boys resumed their arguing.

"AHEM, hello, I'm exo-k's Baekhyun, 1/3 of the beagle line" Baekhyun shouted, bringing everyone's attention back to you.

"Hello, I'm Eun Mi, exo-m's manager" you smiled. "It's nice to meet everyone"

"I'm sorry for before, I'm Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol, rapper of exo-k. Oh, and another third of beagle line" Chanyeol greeted, his voice deeper than you expected. The boys from exo-k had begun introducing themselves one by one, each one of them bowing as they did so.

"I'm exo's dancing machine, Kai, Jongin" Kai smiled, his eyes turning into crescents moons slightly. Soon enough you had met the rest of the boys. Now, as they all stood together you could see why exo-m and exo-k were subgroups, not separate groups. Together, they were whole, together they were one.

----

After another half an hour of just catching up for the boys, Hyun Kyun had ordered everyone to start getting ready for bed as practices resumed tomorrow.

"Sleeping arrangements are as follows; Suho, Kai and Chen in room one, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Tao in room two, Sehun, Luhan and D.O in room three and lastly, Lay, Kris and myself in room four. Eun Mi, you'll be sleeping in the study room." He informed, as the boys were split off into their separate groups. "I want lights out by 2:30am guys, you need to rest for practice tomorrow, understand?"

"Yes!" the boys chorused back. Chen had his arms around Suho's waist as he trailed after him towards the stairs.

"2/3 beagle line in one room? God save me" Xiumin prayed, as Baekhyun and Chanyeol both slung their arms around Tao, propelling him forward. Sehun and Luhan had instantly raced up the stairs, Sehun claiming he had something cool to show Luhan. Lay had also started going up the stairs until Kris had called him back since he forgot to take his suitcase with him. Hyun Kyun laughed at Lay's forgetfulness, patting Lay on the shoulder. Lastly, D.O had come over to where you stood, rubbing his arm shyly.

"Do you mind if I show you to the study room? I have some books I need to pick up." D.O asked, his voice honey-like.

"Sure, of course" you smiled back, pulling your luggage along as you followed after him. "So, what is your position in the group" you asked, looking around the dorm as you followed.

"I'm one of the main vocalist in exo, but at home, I'm the cook of the house, my spaghetti is the best" he smiled back, his lips forming a heart shape. "When exo come together, Lay and I make grand feasts for everyone." By now, you had made it to the study room, although it was a bit small, you would call it cozy. A bed was nestled in the corner as the other walls were lined with bookshelves. D.O picked up a couple of books from the desk across from the bed and tidied the rest away.

"I hope you enjoy the stay here, there's one bathroom on this floor so you can use that one, I'll tell the other boys it's off limits to them" he grinned, standing in the doorway. "It was very nice meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too" you waved a small hand as he closed the door behind him. You breathed out a sigh as you heard D.O walk down the hallway. You had barely slept on the plane over to Korea, but now, you were filled with excitement due to just meeting exo-k. They were all super lovely and friendly and the dynamic of exo-m and k together was just something special. 

 

 

 

 

 

P.s, I've just finished watching Descendants of the Sun, guys, how is everyone not obsessed with Yoo Sijin.

Sighhhhh