[1] Forced into the job

The tug of the heart

 

It was a cold winters day, when you strolled through the busy streets of Beijing, the constant murmur of pedestrians and cars kept you alert and awake.  You crossed the road and turned right into the busy city mall streets.  The distant hum of voices grew louder with each step so you had no choice but to look up.

And what did you see? A mob of girls roughly in the same age group as you screaming at the top of their lungs. They  held handmade signs that said a selection of things like "EXO-M WO AI NI!! EXO-M HWAITING, WE ARE ONE EXO-M".* EXO-M? Hm? A new boy band perhaps? Wait, aren't I getting interviewed for this band's manager, tch, whatever.* You winced at the noise. You were more of a quiet person, the type that prefers reading books at the local park than going shopping in the huge malls.  You neared the crowd and were about to keep walking when the crowd stuck together and shouted even louder. You were pushed to the front with full view. You pulled a disgusted face as you hated contact and were about to leave when you saw who everyone was screaming at. 6 hot guys walked out of a broadcasting studio and were heading to the van roughly 10 metres away. You were heading to a job interview that day at this company called something like SM. Your friend suggested it. You looked back at the guys and got captivated.

*What the hell Eun Mi  get yourself together. You turned and starting walking the other direction when you felt a force pull you back.  You craned your neck to see that one of the strands on your handbag got caught in one of the boys jackets.  HEY! But your voice couldn't be heard over the constant screams of the mob of fan girls.  Hey, hey, hey!  Nope still no luck. You were about to poke the boy until you realised the both of you and the rest of their group had arrived at the van. There were at least a dozen photographers snapping at hundred miles per hour. What to do?

Hey! Still no response. This was it, you poked him hard in the back HEY!!!! He turned around. The man dragging you had lush brown hair, a baby face that you'd believe he was 5 years old. Plump pink lips and hazel brown eyes. You stood there, mouth ajar. As you were currently speechless, you point down at your bag repeatedly. He unhooked your bag and handed it to you, your fingers brushed past his whilst the photographers were still hungrily snapping away. He gave you a small twitch of the lips before he slid into the van and disappeared. Hmph. You huffed away and continuing to walk down the road. * Aish Eun Mi why is your palms starting to sweat and heart beating so fast? Is it because of the cold? Aish, must be, and with that you brushed off the strange feeling.

Not long after you arrived at SM company. It was a large 25 storey building with a modern design. *What have I gotten myself into? I shouldn't be here, So Young  I'm so going to kill you, this is too fancy for me* But you couldn't turn back. Being the clumsy self you are, you stumbled into the lobby whilst the security looked at you cautiously. You gave them a meek smile and made your way to reception.

"Hello I'm  Eun Mi, I'm here for the interview.  The receptionist didn’t bother to look at you and typed your name into the computer. *How rude* "22nd floor end office" she replied bluntly. "Thank you" *how rude* but that didn’t wipe the smile off your face, if you were going to try out for the job, you've got to leave an impression right? *Fighting Eun Mi* You walked into the empty elevator and pressed 22. The doors were about to close when a man in the black suit walked in. He didn't even bother to acknowledge that you were there. *is everyone here rude tch?* You were getting pretty bored waiting for the elevator to reach your level. And by the looks of it the man was going to the same level as you, since only 22 was red. You had nothing else to do so you poked your head further to take a peep at the mans face. Your eyes widen when you realised who it was. It was the man from earlier on that had caught onto your bag. "Oh, it's you!! Hey." Your voice echoed off the elevator walls making your voice seem louder than it actually was.

He looked at you with a disgusted look as he winced at how loud you were. But he suddenly had a change of expression and put on a poker face. He gave you a polite nod and returned to face the elevator door again. *What was up with that?*

Luhan's POV.

*What’s with that girl? So loud. But for my image I will keep face, so troublesome, Lee Soo Man better have a good reason to call me to SM whilst I was on my break.* I gave a small cough and continued to stare straight ahead.

Eun Mi's POV.

The door dinged open and I was met with the smell of fresh flowers and ground coffee. You were about to step off when the both of you  got stuck in the doorway. Being the gentleman, he stepped back and waved a hand that signaled you to go first. "thanks" you beamed. He gave another considerate nod and stalked off.  *That boy, messing with me, giving me mixed signals.*

You walked down the corridor, glass doors either side  showed conference rooms with white furniture. At the end of the passage was another office. You strolled to the desk, a receptionist in her mid 20s looked up and smiled at you. "What can I do for you?"  Her hazel brown eyes were welcoming and soft. "I'm here for the job interview, my names Eun Mi" you smiled back. "Okay give me one second." Before long you found yourself seated on a cream coloured sofa looking at the surrounding artwork that was displayed. "Eun Mi?" what seems to be the manager called. You looked up and replied with a simple here. He looked surprised to see you and led you to his office. His office also had glass walls which gave it an elegant style. His desk looked of expensive oak, a lounge area was provided with round cream coloured sofas and a small but modern coffee table. The walls were painted baby blue giving the office a welcoming feeling. His desk consisted of a Apple iMac stood with the an SM Entertainment logo imprinted on it. Behind the desk was also a glass window that went from the roof to the floor, showing an extraordinary view of Beijing, it took your breath away.  The manager was sitting on a black computer chair behind his desk and extended his arm motioning you to sit as well. You cautiously sat on the opposing chair and fumbled with your fingers and exhaled. The manager seemed to be busy analysing something on his computer so you kept quiet, it didn't bother you either. After what seemed to be hours he looked up.

" Are you trying to get the place of coordinator for my new band called EXO?"

"Yes, my friend recommended me, would you like to see my resume? I have it right he-"

"You're hired." *Wait, what?*

"But you know nothing about me, or my abilities"

"Take a look at this" The manager tossed you multiple tabloid magazines,  newspapers and articles. You blinked at him oblivious at where he was going.  You picked up the closest article and almost spat everywhere.  Right there taking half of the page up was a picture of you right next to the boy that pulled you away earlier, the same on in the elevator only minutes ago. The headline read; Who is this new lady in our idol Luhan's life?

"What is this?" You asked in disbelief? You shuffled through the remaining articles and your jaw dropped by each headline ; New love for Luhan on the new group of EXO-M?, How are exotics going to react when they find out Luhan has a girlfriend already?, Luhan's new girl has been spotted.

 "I'm not his girlfriend though, I don't even know him, my bag just got caught onto him and he didn't realise" you blabbed on hoping the manager would believe you.

 " I know everything Eun Mi ssi. No need to explain furthermore it's alright, all I need you to do now is to take this job so we can clear everything up and say that you work for us." To be honest, you didn't really exactly want to jump to the chance of becoming a bands Coordinator, but you thought of all the fan girls wanting to rip your hair to pieces right now so you had no choice.

"Okay manager-nim, I will work hard"

"Definitely you will, don't worry Eun Mi ssi  you won't  have to stay in this job forever, you only have to stay in the job till we can clear up all the rumours."

 "Come in Luhan, please show Eun Mi ssi to her new dorm and make her feel at home."  The boy from  before suddenly walked in and stood there expressionless. You stood there awkwardly waiting for him to move or at least say something. "Luhan, introduce yourself first, don't make her feel uncomfortable." Lee Soo Man suddenly blurted to break the tension.

" I'm EXO-M's Luhan." he bluntly stated. "Now let's go, I'm tired." he added on before striding out of the office extremely fast.

" Good luck Eun Mi ssi, I will speak with you soon" called the manager just before you left the room chasing after Luhan. You saw him stroll into the lift and didn't even bother waiting for you. You sprinted to the lift and got in just in time before the two elevator doors shut completely.

" Hi, I'm Eun Mi its nice to meet you, we will be seeing each other a lot, so I hope we get along" you beamed, extending your hand, it was in your good nature to make friends easily. Luhan gave you a look, nodded and looked away. He took out his hand phone and started texting whilst you stood there. The elevator stopped at level  12 and there stood a tall, red haired lady. She was so beautiful, 100% model material, she glanced over at you, gave you a small smile before beaming at Luhan.

 "Luhan oppa, what are you doing at the office?" She asked showing what seemed to be her best smile.  Luhan looked up from his screen seeming to only know of her presence just seconds ago. He cocked his head to the side gave her a look and said " Tiffany, I'm not your oppa and I only came because Lee Soo Man called me here." The elevator doors dinged and he stepped off still striding at an unbelievably fast pace, it took you a few seconds until you snapped back to reality. You ran after him hoping he hadn't gone to far. You ran out the glass doors to find him in the back of a classy black car still on his phone. You slid in on the other side and the driver started driving. You looked at the busy streets of Beijing through the window and let your mind wander. 20 minutes later you had arrived at a luxurious mansion. 

Luhan's POV

*Wow she is extremely quiet for a person that was half shouting in the elevator not to long ago, what a surprise. Shouldn’t she be dazed that she just became a coordinator of EXO-M? Or even asking for me signature?* Luhan burst out laughing at this point. Eun Mi turned her head to examine him but Luhan just turned to face the window without another sound escaping his mouth.

Eun Mi's POV

Before long Luhan was on the front step unlocking the door. You two stepped into the mansion and were greeted by an enormous lounge room, there you saw 5 other guys watching TV. Ah, so this must be the rest of the group.  Their heads all shot up at the sound of the front door, you could of just liquefied there on the spot, 5 intense eyes were slowly melting your insides. So this is EXO-M...