Chapter Two

Discord: A Sequel to Shaken

 

Chapter Two

 

 

She smiled upon seeing the youngest girl waiting for her just outside their dormitory. She stopped the car and blown the horn as if signaling the girl to hop in. She slowly opened the window and motioned for the girl to jump inside the car. Reluctantly, the maknae has managed to hop inside the car and smiled at her sheepishly.

 

“Unnie… Morning.” Minzy greeted her.

 

“Morning, maknae… Thanks for accompanying me today.” She greeted the younger girl with a sweet smile on her face. “I know you’re busy and all…”

 

“Unnie… Anytime…” Minzy replied quickly as the young girl grabbed her hand for assurance.

 

She just smiled at the young girl and squeezed her little, callused hands. Callused from overworking and it was the symbol for the young girl’s dedication and hard work on her end. She slightly caressed the rough edges of her little hands which made the young girl smiled shyly at her.


“I guess, my hands are rough for my age?” Minzy asked with a hint of uneasiness in her tone. “I’m sure any guy would be turned off by these hands…”

 

She smiled at the girl and squeezed it again.

 

“There are guys who would admire you just the way you are. I’m sure someone is waiting for you to notice him but you are just blinded as of the moment because of your dreams. I’m sure one day; you will notice him, in spite of everything.” She told the girl before returning to her original position and shifted gears.

 

“I’m confused.” Minzy stated as she pouted. “Do you know something I don’t?”

 

She giggled at the girl’s frustration and looking at her cute pouting face, she can’t help but to more. Then a mischievous smile curved on her lips.


“Maybe?” She answered with a playful grin on her face before looking in front of her. “Your seatbelt, Mingkki-yah!”

 

The younger girl pouted again as she fixed her seatbelt and looked at the playful smile on the older girl’s face.

 

“You know something!” Minzy said in a defeated tone. “Unfair.”

 

“Who told you that life is fair, Mingkki-yah?” She playfully exclaimed and making the younger girl snorts. “You’ll know it very soon… I’m sure of it.”

 

“Pft, whatever, unnie.” Minzy pouted again and making the older girl chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

 

“You’re just cute. So cute.” She exclaimed with a giggle.

 

“You’re making fun of me.” Minzy stated and crossed her arms while throwing death glares at the older girl. “You and Bom-unnie loves to make fun of me.”

 

“We just love you a lot.” She assured the girl. “By the way, thanks for coming with me. I should have gone with Bommie…”

 

She paused when she felt the young girl became stiff and all tensed up at her statements. She glanced at the younger girl from the corner of her eyes and her face softened up. She didn’t notice that the maknae was growing already into a wonderful lady and wouldn’t want to be treated like a kid forever. When in fact she knew that the youngest has the most matured mind in their group and that made her let out a soft chuckle.

 

“Pardon this insensitive unnie of yours, Mingkki-ya.” She uttered as she glimpsed at the pouting girl.

 

“It seems like I was a second choice…” Minzy stated.

 

“Ah, of course not. It was just I keep on forgetting that you are not a baby anymore. Sorry, Mingkki-yah!” She said in an apologetic tone.

 

“Pft.” Minzy snorted and crossed her arms. “You owe me one, unnie.”

 

She let out a chuckle and nodded.

 

“Sure. An ice cream after my visit to the doctor?” She asked.

 

She saw her small eyes lit up and a bright smile formed on the young girl’s lips.

 

“Your treat?” Minzy asked and blinked a few times due to her excitement.

 

“And you are not a kid. Really…” She can only laugh as she swiftly pulled over to the side. “We’re here…”

 

She saw Minzy opened the door and was about to stepped out when the girl noticed her unmoving. Minzy stopped on what she’s about to do and looked at her with questioning eyes.

 

“What’s the problem, unnie?” Minzy asked concernedly.

 

“I don’t know… I’m just afraid.” She answered truthfully.

 

“Of what?” Minzy innocently asked while looking at the older girl. “Are you afraid of injections?”

 

She smiled a little and shook her head as if trying to wake herself up from all of her worries. In addition, she slapped her face playfully.

 

“You’re weird.” Minzy commented.

 

“I was just trying to wake myself up and cheering myself on.” She commented.

 

“I’m here to push you if you are too afraid of what will happen.” Minzy meaningfully said.

 

“I know… I know.” She whispered and messed up the girl’s hair.

 



 

 

His mind was drifting away as the meeting continued and the people inside the room noticed his uneasiness as well. It was obvious enough that it got pointed out by the president.

 

“Jiyong!” YG called out his name in an enraged tone. “Are you listening to us?”

 

He snapped back to reality as he heard the angered tone on the president’s voice. A guilty smile curved on his lips and flashed it at the president and his guest. He bowed quickly as a sign of his apology.

 

“Sorry about that, hyung. I was just thinking about some things.” He admitted as he bit his lower lip, a habit he tends to do whenever he feels a bit guilty.

 

“Can’t take off your mind from Dara?” YG asked as he crossed his arms on his chest while giving a dirty look at the younger guy. “It’s not like she’ll be slipping away from you.”

 

“You don’t understand hyung. Earlier she was puking her brains out. It was as if something is wrong with her stomach or something must have upset it. She was so pale… like she will break if I touch her. That’s how she looks like to me… Can you blame me if I’m acting this way?” He asked the president that just sighed at his question. “See? I’m sure you will act this way if it was Eunjoo-noona.”

 

“Excuse accepted then… So how was she?” YG asked as he pursed his lips together then glanced at their guest that was forgotten for a bit. He threw an apologetic look on their guest before looking at Jiyong again. “How was she?”

 

“I don’t know hyung. She has not replied or sent me a message yet since we parted this morning. It’s the reason why I can’t seem to focus. I’m sorry.” He apologized and buried his face on his hands. “I’m worried.”

 

“It’s okay. She’ll be fine… why don’t you call her first?” YG suggested and gave the younger guy a sympathetic look. “Go on, just go back after.”

 

He sighed and was about to take out his phone when he remembered her. He remembered on how she continually reminded him not to mix their personal matters with business. He sighed and shook his head. This should not affect him and he can call her later. The business is more important right now and he knew she would like it better if she knew that he was concentrated on work in spite of his worries.

 

“What’s the matter, Ji?” YG asked and his brows were connected, as he was confused at the boy’s reaction.

 

“Neh, let’s continue.” He said and finally a genuine smile appeared on his face. “Sorry about the delays.”

 

“You sure?” YG asked.

 

He nodded.

 

He is sure.

 

He’ll focus for whatever is in front of him and then he’ll call her.

 

“Dara… I hope you’re just okay…” He thought before concentrating on his supposed to be meeting.

 



 

 

She blew air using her cheeks as she looked at the closed door in front of her. Right now, she was outside the clinic wherein her favorite unnie had made an appointment. She decided to stay outside so that the older girl can have more privacy.

 

Time passes by slowly and she cannot help but be worried about the older girl. Nowadays, she noticed on how pale the older girl was and how she tends to be sleepy during their free time. It was like the energetic unnie she got has slowly being diminished, weakened and almost lifeless at times.

 

“Mingkki…” She heard the small voice of the older girl which made her look up and saw her coming out of the clinic.

 

“Unnie! What happened?” She asked as she gave up her seat.

 

“Mingkki… I don’t know what to do… I… I just don’t know.” Dara started and her face was filled with worry and despair. “I… I can’t believe this… Stupid… Stupid.”

 

“Unnie…?” She called her out. “Unnie, get a hold of yourself. What happened? What did the doctor say?”

 

“I’m sorry, Mingkki… I’m so sorry.” Dara continued and her eyes were starting to be filled with tears. “I’m so sorry.”

 

“I don’t understand.” She stated in confusion. “Why are you apologizing to me?”

 

“Mingkki… I’m pregnant.” Dara uttered in a weakened voice.

 

“Oh god.” She quickly said and bit her lips. “Oh goodness.” 

 

Dara closed her eyes and whispered, “And I thought… it was just part of…” Then she let out a deep breath and turned to the maknae, “What am I going to do?”

 

Minzy looked at the older girl and held her in a tight embrace since that’s the only thing she can do. The only thing she knows because she is younger than her. Inexperienced and she hated it but she can deal with it. She whispered to the older girl as she caressed Dara’s back, “I’m here unnie. I’m always here for you.”