Chapter Sixteen

Discord: A Sequel to Shaken

 

Chapter Sixteen

 

She heard that Jiyong has gone on an indefinite leave to win back Dara’s trust. Everyone was crossing their fingers that he would succeed in bringing the smile back in her friend’s face. If there’s anyone who can do that, it would be Jiyong. He may be an idiot sometimes but he’s an idiot that loves her friend. Sometimes watching them from afar, she wished that someone would love her the way he loves her friend.

 

Her thoughts were disturbed when she felt someone sat beside her and her heart almost jumped out when she heard that someone spoke.

 

“Noona, can we talk?” The familiar voice of the man who haunted her dreams every night.

 

Afraid of looking at him because it might reveal what she truly feels, she timidly replied, “I guess.”

 

Then the awkward silence decided to stay and enveloped them for a while. Her heart beats loudly that she feared he might hear them going thump, thump. She can feel his heavy stares and wanted to tell him off but she’s afraid that she would wear her heart in front of him.

 

“Noona…” Seunghyun called her attention again.

 

She gulped as she realized that his endearment for her was gone now. It went back to being just a ‘noona’ to him and that’s all she can ever be. Just thinking about it already makes her heart ache but she has to be strong.

 

“Noo–“

 

“I heard you the first time, Seunghyun.” She cut him off and surprised him. She looked down and let out a deep breath as she added in whisper, “No need to rub it in…”

 

“Can we talk somewhere…” Seunghyun started and checked if they were alone. He cleared his throat and continued, “…somewhere private?”

 

Imitating what he did earlier, she looked left and right and nodded. Although they were alone now, she knew that anyone can walk in them since they were in a common area. She motioned for Seunghyun to go first and that she’ll follow him. Seunghyun stood up and walked to an empty conference room.

 

She followed suit and every step she took made her heart feels heavier and heavier. It took her sometime before she was able to open the door and entered the room.

 

“So… what do you want to talk about?” She asked as she looked at his eyes.

 

“I... I don’t know. I’m not sure too.” Seunghyun admitted and she saw him gulped a few times before he continued. “It’s like I need to talk to you.” He paused and bit his lower lip as he added, “I miss you.”

 

For a second, her heart seemed to stop and raised the beat the next second.

 

She grimaced and whispered, “Stop please.”

 

He stared at her with his pitiful look. She almost wanted to run towards him and wrapped her arms around him to comfort him. She can almost laugh bitterly at herself for having thoughts like that. The guy in front of her has hurt her more than anyone she can remember. The very same guy who made her feels special and raised her confidence in herself. But, it’s also the same guy who put a permanent dent in her ego and made her feel that she’s not woman enough. How can she even think of comforting that same guy?

 

Love, her thoughts answered her question. That simple word can really change any person’s belief and plans. No wonder she’s all messed up now. It’s not even a wonder that everything that’s happening now was because of that four letter word.

 

“Noona… I’m… sorry.” Seunghyun whispered in a very soft voice.

 

She took a deep breath and shook her head. In a barely heard voice, she finally managed to get out the answer, “It’s not me whom you should say your apologies too.” She paused and continued, “Shouldn’t it be your friend? Your leader who was now going on an indefinite leave?” She smiled bitterly, “My hurt, compared to them was nothing.”

 

She sighed, “As in nothing at all.”

 

In her mind, she added, “And you don’t care for what I feel.”

 



 

She went back to the place where she usually meets him thinking that he’ll be there. A small part of her is still hoping that what happened before was just her imagination. That maybe what they had is still going on.

 

Who said anything about love? His cold and mocking voice kept on repeating those words inside her head. It’s making her crazy.

 

She looked around and did not see any sign of him. Not even his shadow. Her head hanged glumly as tears started to form. She thought that there’s something going on between the two of them. That she finally found someone whom she loved and loved her as well. Thinking back, she felt that happy being with him. But now, where is he?

 

So he’s really just using her for ?

 

That realization made the tears fall freely on her cheeks. She hugged herself as she felt cold inside. She felt so pathetic and it dawned on her. She has no one to share her pain with. No one was there to comfort her and offer support. No one to tell her that it wasn’t her loss and that she needs to be strong.

 

The only person who may offer her such acts is the very person she hurt because of her selfishness and ambition. The only person who would be there during these times was hurting too. Probably hurting more than this and finally knowing it hurts her.

 

“Dara unnie…” She called her name. “I’m sorry unnie. I’m sorry”

 

She repeated it over and over even if the older girl can’t hear her. Even if the older girl won’t hear her, she kept on calling on to her.

 



 

“Dara…” He whispered her name as he her hair in the gentlest way. He didn’t want her to wake up and scare her if she found out that he’s here. She looks so fragile in his eyes that he was afraid that she’ll break if he held her too tightly. He whispered again, “Dara… I’m sorry…”

 

Looking at the dark circles surrounding her eyes, he felt guilty. His conscience has been eating his inside as soon as he realized that she must be the most hurt amongst everyone. She lost her baby, her dream is hanging in a limbo and lastly, she lost her friend.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m so stupid to have let my pride rule over me…” He whispered as he traced the contours of her sleeping face. “I don’t even know why I allowed my pride to get in the way. I’m sorry for adding to your burden and pain. I wish I can take your pain or share your pain. I’m so sorry…”

 

She twitched and his heart almost stopped.

 

He waited for several seconds until he realized that she was still asleep. For some reason, he was relieved that she didn’t wake up. He smiled as he leaned forward to plant a light kiss on her forehead and held her hand to sniff and kiss its knuckles.

 

“I promise to wait for you and woo you until you forgive me, until you come back to me.” He murmured. “Then we’ll come back together stronger than before.” He paused and continued, “Or if you really want to quit, I’ll be there with you. I’ll leave too and I can continue working by producing or composing songs. I can do that as long as I’m with you.” He squeezed her hand and added silently, “As long as I’m with you.”

 



 

She wanted to open her eyes but she stopped herself. Hearing him say those words made her feel burdened for a little bit. Although she won’t be too hypocrite to say that heart thumped at his confession. How can he just say that he would leave the industry for her when she knew how much he loves being in there?

 

Remembering what Chaerin told her before, her heart suddenly seemed heavy as a lead. Was she a distraction to him? Was she hindering him from reaching his dreams? Would it be wiser for her to leave him?

 

Then she thought of her lost baby and she wanted to cry again. What should she do? She asked herself as if someone can answer her. Her thoughts were all clustered as the evasive sleep finally descends into her.

 



 

He heard rumors that the leader has taken an indefinite leave from the industry and it made him happy inside. It’s a little satisfying to find out that something has troubled the egoistical man. Pft, he snorted as he smiled at the rumors spreading around. If that man leaves the industry, he can be the next big thing. He would be noticed by everyone and his fans would go onto his side.

 

After all, they were almost the same. No, he was a lot better than that man.

 

He was more than the man named G-dragon.

 

He was in his self-absorbed thoughts when his phone beeped.

 

“Waiting at the same place. C.” He read the message and he laughed. That ignorant girl was stupid enough if she thought he would be coming to her. He has no more use for her. He knew that the girl was ambitious and with a little nudge and sweet talk on the bed, she would be making trouble for everyone in her company.

 

Why would he go there when he has someone else in his bed? Then he looked at the girl by his side and kissed her on the lips. Why would he go to that woman when he has a beautiful girl by his side?

A beauty that rivals that man’s woman.

 

“Junhyung, you’re still awake.” He heard her whisper and pulled him closer. “It’s cold tonight so let’s cuddle.”

 

He let her lead him and he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him.

 

“Good night baby.” She whispered as she went back to sleep.

 

note: Finally, a new chapter for Discord has been out! ^__^ Hooray for me! <3 haha it's been a verrrrrry long time since it was last updated! <3 I am so sorry! But I promise to finish this before the first quarter of this year ends! 

Comments are love!

Berrie