Chapter Eight

Discord: A Sequel to Shaken

 

Chapter Eight

 

 

It was dark and she cannot seem to see anything. Her eyes wandered around to see if there was anyone nearby but she found nothing but darkness. The darkness around her only made her feel so small and lost. She can hear faint voices calling for her but the only thing that stands out was the soft sounds of a baby’s laughter. Not seeing anything, she walked towards where the baby’s sounds were coming from. Every step she took, every breath she make as she walked towards that direction are making her excited yet anxious.

 

Following that sound, what does she expect? She thought as her right hand was pressed on her chest as if she was holding on to her own heartbeat. Her slow and short steps turned into fast and big strides as she walk-slash-run towards that direction and searching for where the sound was coming from. In short, she was looking for the baby, her baby, their baby.

 

For what it seems to be a long time, she just walk, run and walk again but the only thing she can hear was its laughter, chuckle and soft baby moans, nothing else. No baby can be found nor seen. She didn’t realize that tears were starting to flow out from her eyes as the thought of not finding the baby dawned on her.

 

What if she can’t find the baby? What if she has forever lost the baby? What about her? What about the unknowing father of the baby?

 

Then the face of the father’s baby registered on her mind, Jiyong!

 

Jiyong doesn’t know about baby. What if he comes looking for our baby and she has lost it? How can she explain that she lost the baby and she did not inform him yet about it? Life is so cruel, the moment he will know about the baby was the moment she lost it.

 

Her eyes can barely see now as the tears blurred her perception. The thought of losing the baby was enough to break her but the thought of losing Jiyong as well made her almost lifeless, a living dead. As if on cue, Jiyong appeared in front of her at this seemingly endless dimension with rage in his eyes.

 

“Why, Dara? Why did you not tell me about the baby?” Jiyong asked in an enraged tone. His eyes were staring down at her as if trying to see her soul. He continued, “Did you not trust me enough to hide the truth from me?”

 

She shook head violently and tried to step forward to touch him but he step back.

 

“Am I the last person to know about this? Aren’t I the father of that baby?” Jiyong continued, making her winced at his every word. He shook his head and gulped as he added, “When will you tell me about this, D? When?”

 

“I-I, I was going—“

 

“It’s too late! You decided a little bit too late!” Jiyong cut her off that surprised her. “Why do I have to know when it’s already too late? When there’s no baby to expect anymore, huh?”

 

“I lost the baby...” She asked but sounded more of like a statement. Her eyes were empty and lifeless as it stared at the guy in front of her. She bit her lip and mumbled repeatedly, “I lost the baby…”

 

“I’m sorry, Dara…” Jiyong whispered as his fist clenched tightly.

 

“Am I going to lose you too?” She asked in a very soft voice, speaking out her worst fears.

 

“You already knew the answer…” Jiyong said and turned his back then walked away from her.

 

She stood there frozen on the spot as she watched him leave. She wanted to run after him and begged him to stay but she has no more energy left on her. Standing there is already a big effort on her end. If she takes a step, she might fall on her knees and literally break down on the ground.

 

With that, just like the baby, she just watched as the most important person on her life walk away from her as she was left there screaming his name.

 



 

He went to the hospital as soon as he received the call from Youngdeuk and Minkyung regarding Dara’s situation. Thankfully, his meeting has ended quickly and he was about to check on the girls. He called in his manager and asked him to meet him at the hospital where Dara was rushed in.

 

Every part of his body was shaking as he heard the news about her. God knows how much he wanted to be right beside her. Neither Youngdeuk nor Minkyung would tell him what exactly happened as they just ended the call after telling him the hospital’s name.

 

What happened after he left them for the meeting?

 

Lord, please don’t let anything bad happen to her. He cannot lose her. He cannot afford to lose her. She was his inspiration, his muse, his life.

 

He arrived at the hospital within half an hour and went to the information booth to ask the exact room she was staying.


“Miss, I need to ask where the Sandara Park was staying.” He asked as his eyes wandered throughout the lobby and checked if any of the YG family will be there.

 

The nurse blinked a few times and pinched herself first before realizing that he was asking a question. He raised an eyebrow but the unknowing nurse did not seem to notice the sharp glares he was throwing at her.

 

“Miss, I’m asking where Sandara Park is staying as of the moment.” JIyong repeated himself with irritation obvious on his tone.

 

The nurse’ eyes widened in surprise but he doesn’t feel like apologizing for his attitude. Right now, what matters the most is her.

 

“W-wait a second, let me check our records…” The nurse replied in stutters.

 

A minute has passed already but the nurse was still not able to find the where the room was. He was about to yell at her when he heard someone call him.

 

“Jiyong-hyung!”

 

He turned around and saw Youngdeuk waving at him and motioned for him to follow the latter. He quickly left the information booth and followed the guy.

 

“What happened, Deuk?” He asked the guy as they run.

 

He saw the younger guy’s eyes avoid his gaze and gulped for a few times then stayed silent after.

 

“Youngdeuk!” He hissed.

 

“I don’t know… I don’t have an idea… It’s just… I just saw her on her knees, I think, and clutching on her stomach like it was really hurting… Then noona… I don’t know… fainted… and everything just went too fast…” Youngdeuk answered him with a sincere look on his eyes.

 

Oh right, this guy is clueless as well. They arrived outside the room that he guessed was the emergency room and saw familiar faces. There was Bom who was staring at the empty space; CL was on the corner and biting her nails while the maknae Minzy was walking back and forth at the front of the ER’s room. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Minkyung with her head down and muttering something. From what it looks like, she seems to be uttering a prayer.

 

“What happened? Can anyone tell me what happened here?” He asked and made everyone fidget then stared at him like he was some sort of a ghost. His fist that was already clenched tightly has already turned red. He asked again, “Can anyone tell me what happened?”

 

All the eyes were on him and he can see hesitation in it to tell him what happened. What can possibly have happened that no one dared to tell him about it? He was about to ask again when the ER’s door opened and a woman in her mid-forties appeared with a white coat appeared.

 

Her face was filled with regret and she took a deep breath before she announced the news that shook his world.

 

“We tried our best… but…” The doctor started as she looked at everyone’s eyes. “She lost the baby...”