Chapter One

Discord: A Sequel to Shaken

 

Chapter One

 

 

 

He saw her looking at the ring on her left finger and then letting out a heavy sigh. It was the type of sigh that was filled with emotions. His brows were furrowed as another sigh escaped from once again. Seeing and hearing her sigh like that is making him worried. It has been months since their relationship went out in public and so far, most of the fans were supporting them. A few hate mails from anti-fans strayed but nothing they cannot handle. Even YG-hyung was surprised about the support of their fans. As what he said at that time, it was unusual but a good thing.

 

He saw her again staring at the ring on her finger and then looking down. Now, that’s beyond puzzling for him.

 

“What was she looking at that is making her sigh like this?” He asked himself as he stopped from what he was doing earlier and focused his attention on the distracted girl.

 

Stillness. It’s the word that he can describe their situation right now. No one was uttering a word yet the feeling was comforting. Well, that was before he noticed the numerous times she let out a sigh. He stood up from where he was sitting and walked towards her. Just like how he was used to, he wrapped his arms around her waist, behind her back and surprising her a little bit.

 

“What are you thinking about?” He asked as he occupied the seat beside her and brushed off the strayed strands of her hair away from her face. “I can hear your sighs.”

 

Dara smiled at him weakly and let out another sigh for the nth time this day. It made him wonder on what she can be thinking at this moment. He pinched her nose which made her pout and frown at him. She looks so cute in his eyes and he cannot be happier than ever.

 

“And don’t try to stay mum about whatever you were thinking. Don’t tell me it’s nothing when you just sighed for the nth time.” He stated and making twitched in irritation.

 

“I was just reminiscing the time when sajangnim gave us, me and the girls, the same ring as the one we have.” Dara answered and bit her lips, choosing her words carefully. “That’s all.”

 

His eyebrow rose and eyed her. He scratched his head as he cannot see no hesitation on her end. Sometimes he hates her poker face. He cannot read her expression if she wanted to hide something. Whenever she acts like this, it only means there was something going on her mind that he might disapprove of.

 

“Jiyong-ah. You doubt me, aren’t you?” Dara asked rhetorically as she already knew his answer. She grabbed his hand and lightly squeezed it. “I’m okay, I promise.”

 

“Are you sure?” He asked again.

 

She nodded and smiled timidly at him. Thru that smile of hers, he knew that he should not push through with the topic. Clearly she doesn’t want the topic to be discussed at all. Not now, perhaps another time. She was about to excuse herself when he remembered the incident earlier. He grabbed her gently by the arm and pulled her down to take a seat, confusion written all over her face.

 

“Ji?” Dara called his name with uncertainty on her tone.

 

“Hmm… yeah?” He answered quickly and looked at her again. There was this look on her face that he cannot pinpoint. It was like she has a problem that he cannot tell at all. He smiled at her sweetly and reached for her hand, bringing it to his lips and lightly kissed on it.

 

“I was thinking it has been almost a year since that day…” Dara said in a voice that can be barely heard by anyone. “It has been almost a year but the relationship between the four of us was still awkward and full of tension. I miss the old days when we just play with all our hearts.”

 

He smiled sympathetically and pulled her for a tight hug.

 

“You can’t help it. Noona and Mingkki felt betrayed by the leader. A crack has appeared on your relationship and whatever was happening is nothing unusual. I’m sure you would all overcome it.” He assured the girl even if he doesn’t believe his own words.

 

He cannot forgive the girl yet. Not now, maybe in the near future. Until now, he was still having a nightmare whenever the Japan incident flashed on his mind. Just the thought of almost losing her is beyond him. It was a very devastating experience for all of them and his feelings toward that girl changed drastically. He was enraged at the mere thought of it. If it wasn’t because of his beloved, he would have launch a punch or two on her face.

 

“But… thinking about it, I think it was my fault. I blame myself for whatever was happening now.” Dara whispered in her sadness filled voice. “If I wasn’t careless, it would have not become like this.”

 

“Dara! Don’t ever say that it’s your fault.” He quickly retorted and cupped her face to level it with his. “Baby girl, it’s not your fault. Don’t ever think that way.”

 

“I know everyone must have thought it was my fault.” Dara whispered in a very hurt tone. “If only I can turn back time… if only, I would.”

 

“Sssh...” He whispered onto her ears and pulled her again for another comforting hug. “No one blames you, jagiya… No one.”

 



 

 

She woke up earlier than her usual waking up time and glance at the bedside. He was there sleeping adorably like a little boy and hogging the blanket by himself. A small smile appeared on her lips as she continued to watch him sleeping. It’s always an amazing feeling seeing him beside her whenever she woke up in the morning. It was one of those days where their rest days were the same day which they always spend together.

 

She always felt giddy whenever she would think of that this amazing guy was hers. To top it off, she got the privilege of seeing him sleep and that she was his refuge every time he was troubled.

 

She was busy watching over him when she felt her stomach getting some butterflies. She felt like it was her insides were turned from inside-out. She quickly stood up and runs towards their bathroom to let out everything. Her stomach was having some bad mood swings and it was getting often nowadays. She also tend to feel a major headache during the morning and was a feeling sleepy throughout the whole day.

 

“Dara?” She heard Jiyong call her name.

 

ULK.

 

She tried to be as quiet as possible so that Jiyong would not hear it but there was something inside her that is so upsetting that it needed to get out.


ULK.

 

“Dara!” She heard Jiyong yell but it was the least of her concerns now.

 

ULk.

 

“Are you okay? What’s happening to you?” She heard him asked.

 

She was too busy throwing up that she didn’t notice him behind her. She washed off her face and flushed the mess she caused. She saw her reflection and she looks like a disaster. She was paler than before and her eyes looked so restless.

 

“You’re sick.” Jiyong stated.

 

She looked at him and smiled weakly.

“Get dress. I’ll accompany you to the doctor.” Jiyong ordered and guided her out of the bathroom.

 

She watched him as he prepared her clothes and he was in the middle of it when his phone rang. She took out his phone from the side table.


“Jiyong, you got an incoming call.” She said.

 

“Ah, okay. Thanks, D.” Jiyong thanked her as he took the phone from her hands and answered the call. “Hello?”

 

She observed him and she frowned as she heard his conversation over the phone.

 

“No, I can’t.” Jiyong stated as his head shook violently while talking to somebody over the phone. “I can’t. I have to accompany Dara to the doctor.”

 

“Jiyong.” She called his name.

 

Jiyong nodded at her and smiled weakly then turned his back on her.

 

“I know, hyung but Dara is more important for me. Yes, I’ll explain it to them. Come on, hyung. This would be the first time I’m asking you a favor.” Jiyong retorted, his face was bit contorted due to frustration at whoever he was having a conversation with.

 

Her guess was it’s his manager. With one swift movement, she snatched the phone away from Jiyong that stunned the guy. She put her fingers on his lips as she turned her attention to the guy over the phone.

 

“He’ll be there, oppa. Sorry for the trouble that Jiyong caused you. I’ll personally make sure that he’ll be there on time. Thank you.” She said to the guy on the other line and making Jiyong’s frown deeper.

 

“Why did you say that? Didn’t you hear me earlier? I’m going to accompany you to the hospital!” Jiyong yelled as he grabbed her arms. “What are you saying?”

 

“I can manage.” She simply answered and making the guy more frustrated than ever.


“You look so sick.” Jiyong pointed out. “I’m sure you can’t go alone in your condition.”

 

“I’ll ask Bommie.” She said. “Would that assure you?”

 

Jiyong sighed and nodded reluctantly.

 

“I don’t have a choice, I guess?” Jiyong said in a defeated tone.

 

She let out a laugh before pulling him for another hug.

 

“I’m going to be fine. Don’t worry.” She whispered. “Everything’s gonna be fine.”

 



 

 

He saw her looking at the window overlooking the beautiful scenery outside. Her chinky eyes were slightly opened and he can see that it was filled with loneliness. Something that he rarely sees in her eyes before but was flashing once in a while.

 

He saw her sigh as she was looking at her hands. How someone so young can seems so sad? It was as if she was carrying a heavy burden on her shoulders. Earlier, he planned to sneak behind her back and playfully surprised her but with the gloomy atmosphere surrounding her; he needed to change his plans.

 

“Mingkki…” He called out her name but he was ignored, or she didn’t hear him.

 

He closed the gap between the two of them and he was now standing by her side, overlooking at the beautiful scenery in front of them.

 

“Mingkki…” He called her out again.

 

“Ah, oppa! You’re here.” Minzy exclaimed without looking at him.

 

Okay, that hurts. She didn’t even steal a glance at him. He’ll forgive her this time since she seems to be going through a lot.

 

“Your mind seems to be drifting away.” He commented as he turned his back from the attention and diverted it to her. “It was as if your mind has already reached the Arctic.”

 

She let out a soft laugh which sounded like a beautiful music and then pouted before facing him.


“First, my mind wasn’t flying anywhere. I was just pondering on some things. Lastly, I bet you don’t even know where Arctic was!” Minzy stated with a hint of a teasing tone in the end.

 

“How dare you! I know where it was located! I wouldn’t even mention it if I didn’t know.” He defended himself and flashed a grin. He was happy that her mood seems to have lightened a bit.


“Really now, oppa? Where do you think Arctic was located then?” Minzy challenged him.

 

“It’s in the Southern-most part of the Earth… or was it Northern?” He asked, confused at whatever he was trying to tell. “Well, it doesn’t matter. All I know it was at the end of the Earth!”

 

She burst out laughing.

 

“Seriously oppa, you should start checking out the things you were saying. I remember Ji-Hye-unnie’s stories about you. Should I teach you things?” Minzy and making him feel a bit embarrassed.

 

“I can’t believe Ji Hye-noona was telling you some stories! And why is she telling you stories about me in the first place? Are you asking about me?” He back and smirked at her. “Are you interested me, Mingkki?”

 

With a flustered face, she shook her head violently.

 

“Ah, Mingkki’s blushing face is cute!” He commented. “Should I take a commemorative photo?”

 

“YAH! Oppa, stop harassing me!” Minzy yelled and pushed him away.

 

“Tomato face Minzy! I need to take a photo of it and spread it around.” He said in a sing-song manner making the girl more embarrassed.

 

“Shut up!” Minzy yelled and covered her ears.

 

“Gong Mingkki likes me!” He sang in a teasing tune.

 

He continued teasing her for a while and it would have went on for hours if not for the ringing of her phone. She excused herself and answered it. He saw her nodded concernedly and a serious expression showed on her face until the end of the call.

 

“Who’s that?” He asked out of concern and curiosity. “You seem to be troubled.”

 

“Ah, that was Dara-unnie.” Minzy answered as she packed her things.

 

“Where are you going?” He asked with a frown.


“I have to go now.” Minzy said as she grabbed her bag. “I have to accompany Dara-unnie to the doctor. She’s not feeling well and Jiyong-oppa doesn’t want her to go alone.”

 

“I see…” He uttered and a bit disappointed that his time with her was cut off. “Alright, you take care and tell noona to get well soon.”

 

“Okay.” Minzy exclaimed and gave him a thumbs up before turning her back from him.

 

He was about to sigh when she turned around quickly and flashed a sweet smile at him.


“Thank you oppa for cheering me up. I owe you one.” Minzy quickly said as she rushed out of the room as he was left in a dazed state.

 

“You’re welcome…” He whispered back even if she never managed to hear it. “You’re always welcome, Mingkki…”