The Not-So-Big Problem

Breaking the Habits of a Playboy (B.H.P)

 

It's 7:30 am; Reita lazily walked to school rubbing his eyes. He didn't get enough sleep. Well he did, but he wanted to sleep the whole day and ditch school. Eventually, he remembered seeing Ruki so he quickly put himself together. 

14 minutes later

Reita reached the door of his classroom and opened it carefully

" Mornin' guys.. " he yawned.

Reita looked around and saw the troubled faces around him. " Uh, hello? " he said. Nobody replied; only suspicious whispering was heard. Moments later, after he sat down, one girl named Ayaka walked towards his desk and whispered

" Reita-kun.. is it true? " she stammered a bit, slightly feeling embarassed for what she's about to say. 

" Huh? True? About what? " of course, he had no idea on what she was talking about. 

" W-well.. There's this picture spreading around.. " she grabs her phone out of her pocket and shyly hands it over to him. 

Reita's eyes widened and his heart pounded faster and faster inside his chest. At that moment, he didn't know what to do or what too say. 

" W-where did that come from? " he gulped, staring at the scandalous picture of him and Ruki kissing.

" I'm not sure.. it just, it just appeared on everyone's phones as a text message. " she took her phone out of Reita's hand and slowly walked away and approached her friends. 

" I can't believe he's gay. " 

" I know, right? What a waste. "

" And he picked Ruki-chan too.. I was aiming for him, you know? " 

Reita heard all kinds of whispering from the people around him. His mind went blank and all he could think of was where in the world Ruki was. 

Coincidentally, Ruki opened the door and every person in the classroom turned their heads to face him. Of course, Ruki was surprised to receive that kind of attention. 

" Hey look, it's the other person from the picture" a rude classmate of theirs said. 

"Ruki, let's go outside." Reita head towards Ruki, grabs his wrist and drags him outside the room. 

''But class is--" 

"Just come with me." 

 

 

 

 

They stopped right around the corner to talk privately. 

"Ruki, people know." Reita bluntly said. 

"Know..?" Ruki said, waiting for the other half of his sentence

"They know about us now." 

"What? How?" Ruki was shocked; slightly in a state of panic. 

"Someone took a picture of us when we were together the other day." he placed his palm on his nape.

"A picture? Come on, it was just a picture, how could they possibly---"

"We were kissing. In the picture." 

"Oh..Well, that's a problem." Ruki said, but to be honest he couldn't care less about people finding out. In fact, he thought that it was a good oportunity to warn off the predators aiming for his man. 

"Wow you're unexpectedly cool about this." Reita was surprised, but chuckled at Ruki's nonchalant attitude later on. 

" There's nothing to fuss about, really. We are in a relationship, just like any other couple. We're both guys so they suddenly make a big deal out of it? Crazy world we live in today." he crossed his arms.

"This is one of the reasons why I like you, you know." Reita cups Ruki's face with his hand. Ruki nuzzled his face to the touch, feeling safe and happy. 

"Come on, let's go back." 

 

 

 

 

 

They made it to class right on time.

"Hey guys look, the disgusting couple returns." someone from behind the class yells. 

Others giggled, while other's, who did not mind Reita and Ruki's relationship at all, glared at him.

Ruki, who was standing by the door, quickly made his way to that guy's side. As he reached the guy's side, he slams both of his palms on the table.

"You better shut that mouth of yours, ." he fiercely said; no remorse at all. 

"Really? Or else what?" he stood from his seat, towering over Ruki. 

"Or else..." Ruki pulls the guy's collar forcefully, bringing him to face-to-face level with himself. "I'm gonna beat that homophobic of yours so hard, you would not be able to walk for days. Got it?" 

The homophobe was alarmed. He did not expect teeny-tiny Ruki to behave like the Japanese mafia. Such simple words made him shiver slightly.

The whole class was filled with silence. Well, except for Reita who was giving off a goofy, throaty laugh by the door. (he was proud of his little baby hell yeah)

 

Suddenly, the class door slid open, and their homeroom teacher arrived. 

The teacher sighed at the sight of Reita blocking his way. "Suzuki-san..Please don't block the door next time, okay?" 

"Sorrrryy."  Reita said, almost childlike. 

"You're all unexpectedly silent today." the teacher comments about the class' unusual silence. 

 

"Good job." Reita whispered as he walked pass Ruki ont he way to his seat. 

"Thanks." Ruki smirked. 

 

 

 *~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~

A/N 

Heyyyy. I'm so sorry for updating this only now. did this chapter wow i think it did

School's being an absolute pain in the tush. Anyways, hahahaha, thank you for being patient.

I'll try to not be lazy lol. 

See you on the next chapter.