The Approval?

Breaking the Habits of a Playboy (B.H.P)

 

" Who is this? " 

 

Ruki's body froze as he saw Reita and his mother signalling him to go back inside. "S-. Am I in trouble?" he thought nervously as he silently went back inside without saying a word. 

 

" Really.. He already saw you, Ruki. (-.-") " Reita thought. 

 

" Haruka, who was that? " this person, apparently Reita's dad, asked his wife. 

 

" .... a- a ghost! " she said " My boyfriend. " Reita mumbled. The both of them looked at each other in shock as they spoke at the same time. 

 

" Akira.. What did you just say? " Reita's father asked as he entered the house and scanned the living room throughly for any signs of Ruki. 

 

Reita took a deep breath before he spoke " You heard me, right? I said, he's my b-boyfriend. " Reita thought of how bizarre that just sounded. But who cares? He loves Ruki. 

 

" WHAT? I've only been gone for a year because of work, and now THIS is what welcomes my arrival?! Akira, I would not tolerate this behavior of yours. The both of you would have no future together. Break up this instant. " his father declared. They stood at the center of the living room as they talked. 

 

Ruki, who was currently hiding under the spot beneath the sofa , overheard everything his father just said. He closed his eyes and hoped for the best as he looked at the steps they were taking from below. 

 

".......... I won't. " Reita bravely said.

 

" WHAT?! WHY?! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THIS IS CALLED HOMOUALITY, SON!! " his father's voice made Ruki tremble and feel scared. 

 

" HUHHH? SO WHAT?! Homouality my . I love Ruki, that's all that matters. " 

 

" Hai-Hai.. That's enough, you two. We finally have a family reunion and THIS is what I see?! " Haruka-san, Reita's mom, managed to stop the father and son duo from shouting. She did this by.. holding the top of their heads and strongly gripping their hair. She sighed and continued, "Kurou.. Why can't you just accept our son's decision? " 

 

" What are you saying, Haruka?! How could I? Just because you like all those ty stuff, doesn't mean I have to like them too!!! " 

 

Haruka managed to remain calm... Until Kurou said those words. She tightened the grip on his hair even more, almost ripping his hair out of his scalp. 

 

" OH, SHUT UP, KUROU!! I KNOW YOU LIKE THOSE DISGUSTING 'YURI' STUFF!!! BUT YOU DON'T SEE ME COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!!! " her grip became stronger. 

 

" T-THAT HURTS!!! BESIDES, I'M A MAN!! DEAL WITH IT! " 

 

"......so? I am woman. That's a chair. This is our son. That's a wall. This is my hand...That's gonna rip your hair right out of your head until you cry in pain, if you don't stop shouting at my face. " At first, Haruka pointed out the obvious, then used it to threaten Kurou.

 

" Geh. " Kurou stopped shouting and obeyed his wife. 

 

" I LOVE YOU, MOTHER. " Reita thought happily, even though his hair was still being strongly held.

 

She finally let go of Reita and Kurou's hair. 

 

" Tch. Don't expect me to accept your relationship. " 

 

" Then don't, Dad.. I never even asked for your approval in the first place. Sorry, I'm going to leave for a while." 

 

Reita and his father always had a complicated relationship. They're small talks always lead to fighting, probably because he felt far away from his dad (due to work he always had) and had trouble opening up his feelings. 

 

" Ruki.. Let's go now.. " he bends over to see Ruki's lying under the sofa, practically squeezed. He smiled gently at him and assisted his tiny lover out. 

 

Kurou's eyes widened when he witnessed Reita smile like that. It's been a long time since he saw that relieved expression on his son's face. 

 

Ruki didn't say another word but nodded awkwardly. As he stood up, Ruki bowed formally infront of Kurou, the later on left together with Reita.

 

 

" "Ruki", huh.. " he thought as his eyes followed Ruki and Reita going out the door. 

 

" K-KUROU YOU IDIOT, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!! " Haruka shouted angrily. 

 

" Hmph. You should be thankful that I love you. If I didn't, I would've punched that kid in the face to teach him a lesson.. you'd probably hate me, so I won't." Kurou said bluntly. 

 

" Tch. Y-You're evil....and weird. " she blushed in surprise. 

 

" Am I.. " he wrapped an arm around her wife, still acting like they're young highschool lovers, going out for the first time. Kurou, though he seems absolutely cold and strict, in all honesty, he's weak when it comes to Haruka.

 

" Disgusting. " she said as a joke. She removed his arm from her shoulder, still acting mad for what he did with their son.

 

" E-EH, NOW YOU'RE MAD TOO?! " 

 

 

 

[A/N Yes, I invented names for Reita's parents xD I don't like calling them "Reita's mother" or "Reita's dad" for the rest of the story. ^^"]