" Would It Be Okay for Me to Make You Happy? " Part I

Breaking the Habits of a Playboy (B.H.P)

 

" THIS IS IT. " 

Ruki nervously said as he reached Reita's front door. 

 

" Eh.. Now that I think about it.. Why did I come here? " he asked himself. 

 

A few moments earlier, at school;

 

" Don't mess with me. " 

" I'm not messing with you, Ruki-chan..Ah,Can I ask a favor? " 

"WHAT. " 

" Can you visit Reita for me? The little brat's on to something these days. " 

" HUH. Why would I, aren't YOU the one who's close to him? "

" Well, I feel really lazy.. So.. Please? " 

" . " 

" So.. will you do it? :3 " 

"........................w-where does he live." 

"Good boy~! Arigatoooouu " 

 

" Ruki, be brave. You're already here, there's no backing out. You need to talk to him. GO. Press the doorbell. PRESS THE STINKIN' DOORBELL. " he thought. He reached out his arm to press the doorbell, his hands shaking and his heart beating rapidly fast. 

 

" AHHHH. Why can't I do it?! Whatever, maybe he isn't even home.. " he attempted to walk away and abandon his current state, but.. 

 

" Ruki? " 

 

Reita was standing right behind him, about to open the door to his home. 

" R-Reita! U-Uhh.. " he stuttered badly as he spoke. 

 

" W-What are you doing here? " he felt embarassed seeing the person he was hiding from. Reita unlocked the door while he was talking. 

 

"  I think, w-we need to talk. "

 

" W-Why? " Reita was hesitating to even have  conversation with Ruki.  "--Look, I'm sorry about what I did, okay? S-So.. " he opened the door,wanting to go inside.

 

" N-NO, WAIT! " Ruki pulled Reita by the arm, stopping him from moving.

 

Reita sighed loudly and said "-- Okay, come in. " as he opened the door more to let Ruki enter.

 

 

 

Ruki shyly entered his home and said " S-surei shimasu.. " ; an expression commonly used upon entering a Japanese home [Simply translates to: Excuse me] 

 

" It's okay, no need to be all formal. " the both of them removed their shoes; only socks left on their feet as they went further in the house. 

 

" SO! " Reita lazily let himself fall into the couch as he talked to Ruki "--What was t-the thing you wanna talk about? " 

 

" U-Uhh.. CAN I SIT? " he shyly requested, standing awkwardly infront of Reita. 

 

" Ah. Sure. " Reita moved to the side of the couch, giving Ruki more space. 

 

"T-Thanks.. " he sat down nervously;a huge gap right at the center of the two.

 

After quite a while, no one talked. The both of them could feel the anxiety which was completely present all throughout the silent room.

 

" U-Uhh.. " Reita scratched his head as he tried to speak.

 

" Reita..can I ask you something? " Ruki gathered up his courage to speak.

 

" G-Go ahead.. " [Urgh.. He's gonna ask about....] he nervously thought. 

 

" What.. do you really..feel about me? " he felt like his heart could leap out off of his chest any minute.

 

" ..............I-I don't know. " it took Reita several seconds, before he could even answer. 

 

" Why don't you? " 

 

" I-I just don't know.. " he said once again. 

 

" *sigh* You do know what I feel about y-you, right? " 

 

" I do... I guess. " he paused for a while, thinking about what to say. "-- Hey, why were you at Aoi's house? " [Refer to Chapter 8, if you still remember :3 ;)] 

 

" H-Huh? " 

 

" I heard your voice.. through his phone.. Do... you like him? "

 

" N-NO! Aoi's only a friend. You're the one I like.." Ruki's cheeks began turning into a shade of pink as he spoke.

 

"T-Then! What were you doing at his home? "

 

"W-Well... " 

 

"Aoi-san!" 

" Ah, Ruki.. what was it you wanted to talk about? " Aoi asked upon opening his front door to Ruki.  

" U-Uhm.. Y-You know that I l-like Reita, right? " he entered and awkwardly sat at the couch. 

" Well, yeah.. " Aoi followed.

" Uhm.. Can I ask you something? " 

"Yeah, sure." 

" I need your help. " 

" Hm? What for? " 

" H-How... can Reita-san like me? " he shyly asked. 

" Ehhh.. hmm.. From what I know, Reita hates people who are fake so, the best thing you can do is.. be yourself. " 

 

 

" That's what practically happened that day. " Ruki explained thoroughly to Reita; who seemed to misunderstood. 

 

Reita unconciousy sighed in relief, which made Ruki quikly look at him. 

 

" Don't tell me... You're jealous? " 

 

" W-Wha? I-I'm not..! " Reita furiously blushed as he denied. 

 

Ruki felt slightly disappointed.. he wanted to know that Reita was jealous, holding onto the tiny bit of hope he had. 

 

"  ...........do you hate me? " Ruki asked. All this time, he felt like he's been pushing his self onto Reita, which made him feel way worse than he already was.

 

" I don't hate you. "

 

".........do you like me? " he then asked.

 

" I'm...... not sure. "

 

"  Why did you kiss me then? " 

 

" B-Because.... " 

 

" If you're not sure about what you feel for me, then why did you do it? " Ruki was attacking Reita with his simultaneous questions.

 

" .... "  Reita didn't know what to say next.

 

" Sorry.. I.. I'm going to leave now. " Ruki stood up, heading towards the door. 

 

*BAM*

 

Before Ruki even touched the door knob, he heard a loud sound. It was Reita, who stopped the door from opening by his hand. 

 

" L-Let me out.. " 

 

" Wait.. " Reita's head grew near to Ruki's. As he talked, Ruki could feel the warm breath hitting his ear. 

 

" S-Stop.. " 

 

" Ruki. I... I'm not sure what I feel about you. But....

-- Here's what I'll tell you. These past months have become quite hard for me.  Y-You're always on my mind. No matter what I do, you're always...always in here. When you started attending the same class as I did, I couldn't avert my gaze off of you.. 

I know this is weird but, I startedobserving your every move in class..unconciously. The way you.... ran your fingers through your hair.. The way you... unconciously tap your pen on the table when you're bored... I saw those little actions of yours more than anyone. I.. admit that I find you really adorable at times.. And..

I know I was really rude to you, I still am, but.. I- I'm sorry.... I.. just don't know how I feel. " Reita stood right behind Ruki as he spoke nervously, his voice trembling and his hands still placed on the door. Ruki felt like he was about fall to the ground hearing Reita's sweet words. 

 

It took Reita a few seconds to realize how he truly felt, hearing him say those words out loud. 

 

" I-Idiot... " Ruki turned around to face Reita, who was now blushing a lot. "-- You.. still don't know how you feel? After that long..LOOOONG speech... you practically said that.. you like me.. " Ruki looked at Reita, embarassed. "-Ah, seriously.. what should I do with you.. Y-You're just making me like you more." Ruki placed his hands on his face and  covered it as he felt his heart beating loud and fast. 

 

" ...... what.. would you do if I really like you then? " Reita thought he finally realized what he was feeling. He held Ruki's hand and removed it from covering his flushed face.  

 

" I-I would be really...really...... happy. "

 

 

" Then.... I-I... like you...too. " Reita looked at Ruki tenderly, fearing that the other could hear his heart beating furiously loud. 

 

 

 

" ........

 

Ruki wrapped his arms around Reita's neck, held him tight;

 

 and whispered..

" Took you long enough to realize.. "