Fiancé??

Guess what? I'm engaged to The Conceited Jerk [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I grinned in satisfaction as I rubbed my now full and happy stomach. Food was just heaven for me, who could not love it, adore it, worship it? Feeling totally reenergized and ready to face whatever expected me next, I happily skipped towards my next class...or better math class, which probably was the worst thing that existed on Earth after Katy and Myungsoo. But food could do that much, and I managed to bear all the classes till the end of the day. 

"Let's go home~~" Taemin chirped grabbing my hand and swinging it back and fort like a little kid. I chuckled and just let him do whatever he wanted, not minding if we seemed a couple of crazy idiots. 
I had missed my bestfriend so much that I could allow him anything he wanted, or was it because I felt guilty towards him? Two years ago I had ran away cowardly, leaving him behind to face all the difficulties alone, could I even be considered his bestfriend?? 

"I know I'm veeeery handsome, but there's no need to stare at me like that." I blinked a couple of times to look at a grinning Taemin. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, and smiled at him. He had such a kind heart, was it even legal to be so kind and not to add cute? 

"Aigoo you're so cute~~~" I pinched his cheeks earning an offended glare from him. "Stop saying I'm cute! I'm manly, not cute." He harrumphed, crossing his arms and walking away, not once looking behind. I sighed, his big ego had probably been hurt by my words, but what was there to be angry about? He had always been undeniably cute and he knew fairly well how women of all ages adored him for that. Heck he used to boast for being cuter than me. Had he changed because of what happened two years ago? I bit my lip, realizing how much of an useless friend I had been back then. 

"Yah Oppa" I called, aware of his weakness that seemed to appear whenever I used that word. I had always wondered why men were so weak whenever a girl said that. Was it some kind of ego boost? Whatever it was, it worked and had my bestfriend turn around to face me. 

"What?" 

"Why are you so kind? Shouldn't you have some sort of resentment towards me? Yet you treated me like nothing happened, called me every day and chatted like we always used   to. But heck Taemin, I abandoned you, I left you alone..." I mumbled though I was sure he would have heard clearly anyways. He heaved a breath, stopping in his tracks thus stopping mine as well. 

"Jieun...I'm your bestfriend okay? Which means I know you even better than you do. I knew how much you were suffering here, I knew how much you wanted to get away and I knew that you were held back only by the fact that I was here. Do you know why I didn't get angry when you told me you would have left for a few years?" I shook my head. He smiled, his eyes forming those two little crescents every girl with a right state of mind would have loved and died for. "Because you at last weren't thinking about others first. Do you know how frustrating it was to see the pain in your eyes and you doing nothing about it? Especially when I was one of the causes. You did the right thing back then, and I probably would have done the same if my career hadn't held me back. So stop feeling guilty because no matter how much you deny it, I know you do and you can't forgive yourself for that. But I am not going to forgive you 'cause there's actually nothing to forgive! Kwon Jieun, have you heard me? You didn't do anything wrong, alright?" He tapped my forehead, as if by doing that he could have engraved his words in my brain. I gaped at him, he had become so mature in the last two years. Sure, he still was as cute and cheery as he once had been, but he now emitted another type of aura. He had really grown up. I couldn't help but twitch my lips up in a proud grin. "You're really a big man now Taemin-ah" 

"Well, duh. I'm Lee Taemin after all! What did you expect--" he suddenly stopped himself, focusing his gaze somewhere behind me. I followed his eyes and spun around to look at who or what he was staring at. My heart jumped a little, but I shrugged the feeling away and smiled widely. 

"Byunghun-ah! You're here!" I beamed happily and ran towards him, engulfing him in a tight hug, which he instantly returned. 

"Jieun! Aigoo, as expected waiting an hour has been worth it!" He squeezed my waist and let go, showing me his perfect set of white pearls and his dashing eye-smile. 

"I'm sorry you had to wait...I didn't know you would have come today! You could have warned me instead of waiting like an idiot in front of my doorsteps! And why didn't you ask the maids to let you in! If you really wanted to wait you could have waited inside!" I scolded knocking his forehead jokingly, at which he winced, as if it really hurt. Ha.

"Don't worry Jieun, and beside waiting in front of your doorsteps seemed more dramatic~" he winked and waved at Taemin, who gladly waved back. I gaped at the both of them, when had they started to get along again? I switched my gaze between the two while they stared at me quizzically. 

"How? When? Why didn't you tell me? I was worried sick for the two of you and you didn't tell me you made up?! Ha! Some bestfriends I have there!" I hollered shaking my index finger in front of them in a reprimanding manner. But really, why the freaking hell hadn't they told me? God only knew how I had been worrying over them for the two years I had spent abroad. I had prayed for them to make up every single day, desperately hoping they wouldn't have hated each other for the rest of their life. However it seemed like I had been worrying uselessly and nei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter