Jiyong's Anger

Guess what? I'm engaged to The Conceited Jerk [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The priest's lips were moving, his eyes were smiling, hands opened wide in front himself while gesturing to the two of us. He was probably saying something extremely important as he looked back and forth between me and Kim Myungsoo, but I could make nothing out of his speech, hell I wasn't even paying attention at the most precious part of my wedding. 

  *Kwon Jieun! Snap out of it!* I heard my inner self yelling at me. For Pete's sake, I was standing in front of one of the most handsome man I had ever met, he was staring right into my orbs, his hands tightly holding mine and what was I doing? Despite not being a marriage out of love, it was still a marriage with one good looking man! Was it even normal that I was thinking about something else?  And yet, just a few minutes ago I had been deadly nervous.  I bit the inside of my cheeks, now focusing my gaze on Myungsoo who was silently observing me with a concerned frown.  Chanyeol, it was once in a life time thing and I was going to enjoy it with my whole myself.    Feeling stronger, I inwardly pumped my fist and smiled at my very soon to be husband.  Sensing my improved mood, he squeezed my hands reassuringly and secretly stuck his tongue out after making sure that no one was watching him. It was incredible how sometimes The Jerk could actually be caring and I was thankful for that. Sure, we bickered 24/7 and maybe we still hated each other, but we were slowly growing to know one another. Who knew? Perhaps we could become friends in a near future...hopefully.    "Kim Myungsoo, do you take Kwon Jieun to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and honor her all the days of your life?" Suddenly the priest's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Oh goodness, without m knowing we had already reached that point. There was no turning back now, I was going to be someone's wife. Someone was going to be my husband. We were going to be husband and wife. I, Kwon Jieun, at the young age of eighteen, was going to be a married woman.  Needless to say I was starting to panic and the flashing lights of the cameras going off didn't help me at all. Now I regretted refusing to wear gloves. Could Myungsoo feel how sweaty my hands were getting? If he did he was doing me a favor by not teasing me about it. If he didn't then he would soon feel it.  I watched as his mouth moved to pronounce those two words that would forever change his life, "I do."  He said staring down at me with what seemed an amused expression. His eyes were hiding mischief and I was quite sure he had finally sensed how nervous I actually was. Freaking jerk trying to tease me even in that situation. How could I think he was going to act as a gentleman just that day? Pfff. His name wasn't Kim Jerk Myungsoo for nothing, after all.    *Fine, Jerk. If that's what you want, you'll have it.* I internally smirked, my feet slowly moving under the gown to approach Myungsoo. I smiled in accomplishment when no one seemed to notice my small action, not even the priest who was standing right next to us.    "Kwon Jieun, do you take Kim Myungsoo to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and honor him all the days of your life?"    "I do." I smirked and stomped down on The Jerk's foot, which I had hidden under my gown so no one could note what I was doing.    "Fu-" He stopped himself before he could curse in front of the medias and not to mention, in front of a priest, who, in return, gave him a suspicious look. "Finally she's going to be my wife! I'm so happy I can't hold it back!" He covered up, plastering an innocent smile on his face. I bent my head down, hiding the redness of my face as I tried to keep in my laughter.  The priest chuckled, shaking his head, "Ah, young love. Well, let's not keep you two eager lovebirds waiting. I'm no one to keep you two apart, please do exchange your rings."    As we did as told, I realized that my nervousness had died down all thanks to Myungsoo. Could it be that he had done it on purpose?  I gaped at the ring once my husband -urrg- had slipped it on my finger. It felt strange. That small object kept such a deep meaning inside. I didn't know why but my eyes were now b with tears, and they weren't from sadness. I bit my trembling lip and with just as unsteady hands I slipped the ring on Myungsoo's finger.  It was done. We were officially tied together until death did us apart. 

"Now that Kim Myungsoo and Kwon Jieun have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder." By the time the priest had finished with his speech I had long lost the battle against my tears and they were freely flowing down my cheeks, whilst I silently thanked the make-up artist to have been wise enough to use waterproof products. 

The crowd was cheering loudly but all I could see were our joined hands and rings. It wasn't like I hated the fact I was wedded to Kim Myungsoo, it was just that I found it quite hard to believe. I was only eighteen after all. 

"Young man, you may now kiss your bride." The priest smiled encouragingly at Myungsoo, who his lips and gulped. So there was the part both of us feared the most. The kiss. I stood there frozen as he cupped my cheeks and softly wiped away my tears. 

"Why are you crying? Do you perhaps secretly love me? I know, I know. I'm irresistible" He joked trying to plaster a smile on my face. I simply rolled my eyes despite feeling grateful for his lame attempt, although he was never going to know. 

"Just do it, you dimwit." I sneered with a hint of playfulness, making him chuckle in response. And then it happened, his lips were on mine, the crowd had gone crazy and the cameras were clicking away. 

That was it. 

Kwon Jieun was now Kim Jieun. 

 

--------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter