How it all started...

I'm Thunder's sister? MALDO AN DWAE!

CHAPTER 1

YOUR POV

I continue to frolic around like a little child appreciating the magical essence of the scenery. It was a vast green valley filled with various colourful wild flowers. I love this place. It was my favourite hide out where I could let all my negative thoughts flow out and transform into joyful memories, and believe me, I had many unhappy thoughts that have accumulated over the years. Everyone thinks that I have a perfect life and was a snob because I wouldn’t talk to anyone, but they are all wrong. What I am missing and want more than anything is my family. This was why I was envious of everyone, they had a fatherly figure in their life that I never had.

The only family I have is my mum but, unfortunately, because of what my dad did to her she has fallen into depression. I have taken care of my mum all my life because I am too scared to leave her alone for too long or who knows what she could do to herself, she might even commit suicide. I have never known who my dad was or what he looked like because he left my mum for another woman before I was even born.

 All I know is that I hate him because of what he did, he just left my mum and had an affair. He even started a family with the other woman while he was still married to my mum.  That was when my mum found out, so they filed divorce. Here is the catch my dad never knew at that time that my mum was pregnant with me. So my mum decided to leave South Korea and fly to Japan where I was conceived and has lived ever since.

 After a while I leave my paradise hide out and head home to make sure my mum is alright. I open the front door and make my way through the corridor of my house. Surprisingly my mum is nowhere to be found. That was when I started to panic. *Where was she! It was no use I couldn’t find my mum anywhere and I was really worried, like I said her actions are really unreliable and that’s why I am so scared right now. I decided to call the police to send a search team to look for my mum. Soon they arrive at my house. I give them a photo of her and some of her personal details and they were off. Hopefully they find her fast...

 YOUR MUM’S POV

My life was tough and had many challenges that I had to overcome. My husband leaving me was the major one but also the depression that I am fighting against is also another. If I didn’t have Min Jee I wouldn’t know how to survive. Today was extremely stressful for me so I went out for a long and satisfying drinking session. I am now driving on the way home but I start to feel really hot and dizzy so I stop at the nearby lake to calm down.

I stare into the lake and look upon my reflection, then suddenly, I saw my ex-husband’s face on the surface of the water. Without thinking I was hallucinating, I jumped in and never breathed a breath again.

YOUR POV

After waiting about five hours I finally heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door and saw the police’s face. I look at him worriedly and he tells me that they have found my mum. I smile spread across my face showing my dimples as a sigh of relief escapes my mouth. Then what happened next was the worst thing that ever happen in my life. “I’m...sorry we were...too late, we found her drowned in a lake ”, the police stuttered. That was when I fell onto my knees on the brink of tears, soon after my tsunami of tears spill out of my eyes non- stop.  The police tried to comfort me but failed, he said that I should get some rest and that he will see me again tomorrow.

 THE NEXT DAY

I woke up from my almost sleepless night. I kept repeating in my head * maybe it was just a dream. I looked around my house and that was when I realised that is was all real. My eyes started to water again and threatened to spill tears out again. I heard a faint knock on the door and see the police waiting for my outside. I handed him all my family papers and all the documents I could find. He told me that since I was still underage to legally live without a guardian I had no choice but to go live with my dad in South Korea because he was the only family I had left. He told me that he will take care of all the details of my journey and that I should start packing . I reluctantly obliged and started right away. My dad would probably have the biggest shock in his life because he doesn’t even know that I exist.      

 Later in the day I look in my mailbox and find a package. I tear it open and find all the necessities for my journey. I stare at the plane ticket and realise that it said I was leaving tomorrow morning *why so early. I also receive a letter that says my dad was informed about my mum’s death, my existence and my arrival.

 

THE NEXT DAY

I can’t believe it I am leaving all my childhood memories, my mum’s grave and everything that I had grew up with in less than an hour. I board the plane and sit in my allocated seat. People must think I am crazy because I was crying so much that my eyes started to swell. Eventually I drifted off to dreamland. *When I wake up I’ll be in South Korea and I will have to face my enemy and his family and I am prepared for it...

 

YOUR POV

The chauffeur picked me up from the airport and loaded my little amount of luggage in the boot of his expensive car. I kept on thinking what my family would be like. Would they like me? Do I have any siblings? How old are they? But the question that kept resurfacing in my mind was, ”Would I get along with them?”

The trip was long and tedious. I tried to sleep but questions about my to-be family bothered me, so I my ipod and blasted some j-pop into my ears. I knew about j-pop ever since I moved to Japan. Some of my friends talk about, what was it…..kpop. They keep asking me why I don’t like kpop since I’m Korean, but I just reply by saying, “I’ve grown up with j-pop, it’s my choice.”

We arrived at a colossal house. It was the size of a mansion. Suddenly, a girl a few years older than me, popped out of nowhere and started hugging me. I was deeply confused at why a stranger was showing such a great amount of skinship towards me, it was almost as if I was a long lost sister of her. Little did I know that I was.

DARA’S POV

I’ve been waiting all day for Min Jee , I’m so excited! I can finally have the little sister that I’ve always wanted. A BEEP of a car’s horn interrupted my thoughts. IT’S MIN JEE! I rushed down the first flight of stairs, then the second, then the third and I finally reach the front gate. I rush towards the main door. Open it. And bear hug the short girl standing outside.

YOUR POV

“Hi, my name is Dara, I’m your unnie. Nice to meet you!” The girl stated excitedly

“Um…hi, my name’s Min Jee, nice to meet you too.” I smiled. She seemed like a really nice person. She helped me take my luggage out of the car. She kept on smiling at me the whole entire time. But it wasn’t creepy, it was warm and welcoming. We talked for a while outside but then Dara suddenly facepalmed.

“Oh, I’m so forgetful! I forgot to prepare your room! Wait here, I’ll be back!” She rushed up the many flights of stairs and disappeared from my sight, leaving me outside with my luggage. Great. I decided to take my luggage in and drag it up to my room. I extended the handles of my suitcase and begin to roll my suitcase over to the winding staircase. I put the handles back down and attempted to drag it up the stairs, but it was quite heavy. After a while I finally got my luggage up the first step, then suddenly a hand swiftly plucked my luggage from my grasp.