Chapter 8

Painful Past

Alexandria's POV

I held Eli close to me as he sobbed uncontrollably. Seeing him like this breaks my heart completely. Why would they do this to him?

Eli started to quietly wipe  his tears ''I'm not going to cry. It's not worth it'' he said lowly.

I placed my arm around his shoulder and brought him closer to me ''Good. Don't waste your precious tears in them. They don't deserve it Eli. You are a handsome, successful and cheerful young man you should not be crying.''

Eli chuckled and got closer to me ''Thank you, Alexandria... for being here now.''

''I'll always be here Eli.'' I said closing my eyes. How did he get to me so fast? This hasn't happened before. Maybe he is different. Maybe he's the one that will take care of me.. Maybe.

''I want to get out of here. Come with me?'' he asked.

I nodded and we stood up. We walked towards  the camp fire and saw that everybody was laying down on the floor sleeping. How long were we away? I checked my watch and it said 2:20am. 

''want to stay here?'' I asked looking up at him.

''Not anymore'' he said looking at the direction where we came from. I looked that way and saw Jessica and AJ coming towards us 

''let's go'' said Eli as he held my hand and started dragging me towards his car.

''ELI!'' Screams Jessica. 

I turn around and see her running towards us. ''She's coming'' I said.

Eli didn't say anything. He unlocked his car and we quickly got in. I looked outside and saw Jessica behind the car. ''She is behind the car Eli''

Silence.

Eli started the car and in no time we were on the road. The ride was completely silence. Nobody said a word, and nobody wanted to say anything. I looked at Eli as saw his expression harden. I know he will start crying again.

I place my hand on his shoulder and give it a light squeeze. Eli smiled lightly, takes my hand and holds it. 

I know I shouldn't be feeling like this right now..but i feel happy.

..................................................................

''We are here'' says Eli as he parks in front of my house.

''Yeah. Thanks for the ride'' I said.

''Its okay.'' he said

''Well, Goodnight'' I said as I opened the door. 

I felt Eli grab my arm and pull me back into the car, he wrapped his arms around me ''Thank you.''

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him ''Don't thank me Eli. I'm here for you''

''Can I ask you for a favor?'' he asked.

I nodded

''Can I sleep over here? I know that Jessica will come to my house to try to find me and talk to me. And I don't want to see her..not now.'' he said scratching the back of his neck.

''Yeah of course'' I said.

Eli smiled ''thank you''

...................................................................

Me and Eli sat on the couch watching a TV show. It's supposed to be a comedy show but it's not funny at all. I looked up at Eli and saw him looking straight at the TV with no emotions on his face. I know that he is thinking about what happened earlier.

''Why?'' he asked.

I looked at him confused ''why what?''

''why would she do that to me? all I did was love her'' he said, his voice cracking.

I let out a loud sigh and wrapped my arms around him as he started sobbing. I caressed his hair trying to calm him down but it wasn't working.  ''Eli don't cry anymore please''

''It's hard not to'' he said wrapping his arms around me, still sobbing. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes. It hurts to see him like this. God please, make him feel better.

''I want to go to sleep'' he said out of the blue.

I nodded and stood up. I brought him pillows, blankets and a PJ that Minwoo left here.

''Thank you again. I really appreciate what you are doing for me'' said Eli before hugging me.

I smiled and hugged him back ''don't thank me.''

I said goodnight and walked up to my room. I took my clothes off and put my pjs on. I got on my bed and closed my eyes.

What am I going to do with Eli? I don't want him to be so broken anymore. I can't stand seeing him like that. Lord, how did he get to me so fast? Its like he got a spell on me, that made me like him so fast. I can't say that I love him, but I do like him.

I can't think about him too much, or I will start to fall more and more for him faster. I'm so tired.  Today was a hard day..but it was harder for Eli.  I hope he feels better tomorrow.

As I was falling into a deep sleep I felt something get on my bed and wrap his arms around me. I slightly turned around and it was none other than Eli.