Chapter 13

Painful Past

Alexandria's POV

After calming myself in the bathroom, I grabbed my phone and dialed Eli's number. As every second passed my heart beat got faster and faster. He's probably with her right now. Did he forgive her? Or did he ignore her and tell her that he doesn't love her anymore? Hopefully, it's guess # 2.

''Hey Alex!'' said Eli as soon as he answered.

''Hey Eli. Is everything okay?'' I ask.

''Yeah. Why?'' he asked.

I heard a girl giggling and my heart beat dropped. That's definitely Jessica.

''AJ came to talk to me earlier'' I said massaging the back of my neck. I could feel the tension and my disappointment take over my body very quickly. My hopes were so high between me and Eli. I though that we would be together at the end of the story, but in reality I'll stay by myself.

''Oh! Really? Did he tell you what happened? Alexandria it was all a misunderstanding'' he said as if he was the luckiest man in the world.

Did he never stop loving Jessica? Did all the funny nights, the cuddling and taking care of each other mean nothing to him? was it just a game?

''Yeah, he said something about that. I'll get back to work then. Bye'' I said hanging up and throwing my phone on my purse.  I the water and splashed some cold water over my face trying to make the tears stop from falling. I could see my nose getting red and that's a sign that I'll cry if I don't start thinking about something else. ''Okay Alexandria. Don't you cry! You have a long day ahead of you and you should no be crying over something like this. Get yourself together stupid!'' I said to myself in the mirror.

For a while, I felt the need to cry quickly vanish but the image of Eli and Jessica being together invaded my thoughts making me put my hands over my face and cry like a little pathetic teenage girl.

*~*

''Good work today guys! Enjoy your free day tomorrow!'' said the manager of Le Blue before everybody walked to their lockers and grab their stuff.

''Alexandria! Would you like to come to the beach tomorrow? Everybody is going!'' said Lisa, a French girl who started working here about 5 months ago.

''I don't think so guys. I haven't seen my family in a long time and I think I should meet with them tomorrow. Thanks for the invite though'' I said smiling.

Lisa smiled and without saying anything else, left the restaurant happily.

As I was about to leave the restaurant, I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me into a hug ''when will you forgive me?''  asks Minwoo

I sigh and try to push him away but he doesn't even move. ''Minwoo please stop. I really don't feel like talking to you right now''

Minwoo groaned and broke the hug ''I've told you 1000 times that I'm sorry! I call you and text you all the time but you never answer them! I'm so sorry for what happened the other night but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change the stupid thing that I did. Please forgive me. I can't stand not being close to you'' he said.

I looked at him for a while before I shook my head and turned around ''you said you would always protect me Minwoo. I don't know if I could ever trust you again'' I said before I exit the restaurant leaving Minwoo by himself.

I looked at my watch and it was 8:15pm. The night was clear and the little stars illuminated the moon. Winter was getting closer and closer as time passed by and the temperature started to decrease. It wasn't hot but it wasn't cold either, it was just perfect.

*~*

Eli was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago, the streets are almost empty and its getting late. The memories of what happened a couple of night ago showed up in my mind and I started to get scared. I walked towards the restaurant and to try to get in but it was locked. ! The manager and Minwoo must have left through the back door.

I took my phone from my purse and started dialing Eli's number. I waited and waited for him to pick up but it never did. I cursed under my breath and tried calling my sister but she didn't pick up either.

Where is everyone when you need them the most? When I was about do dial my mom's number, a black car parked in front of me. The windows were tinted which didn't allow me to see who is inside.

My breathing started to speed up and adrenaline got into me. As I was about to run, a familiar black haired boy with killer eyes stepped out of the car and smiled at me

''need a ride?'' he asked

''Yeah. Thanks Tao''