Chapter 9

Painful Past

Alexandria's POV

''What are you doing?'' I ask sitting up.

Eli looks at me for a couple of seconds before he sits up ''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done this. Ill leave'' he said getting out of the bed.

''No..Its okay'' I said grabbing his arm and pulling him back to the bed.

Eli smiles and wraps his arms around me and for the whole night..I felt like I was safe.

......................

''good morning Alexandria'' said Eli in my ear.

I groaned and moved away ''I want to sleep''

Eli laughed and threw the sheets out of the bed ''its 3 pm sleepy head''

I sit up in bed and look at my watch ''holy ..'' I said getting up.

''what happened?'' asked Eli following me

''I have to work today'' I said getting into the bathroom and locking the door.

I have to work from 3:30-7 today. My boss will kill he if I arrive late.

I get in the shower and shower as fast as possible. I wrap a towel around me and open the door slowly to see if Eli is there, which he is not thankfully. I run out of the bathroom and change into my uniform. I check the clock and I only have 10 minutes left.

'''' I said to myself as I run downstairs.

''Eli can you take me please?'' I ask as I take my purse from the counter.

''yeah sure'' he answers.

''thanks'' I said as we run out of the door.

We made it into his car and in no time we were on our way.

''so..did you sleep well?'' I ask. I tend to move a lot at night.

''I did actually. Thank for letting me sleep with you. I didn't want to be alone'' he said keeping his eyes on the road.

I nod and look out the window. I can't help but feel sorry for Eli. He is such a sweetheart and he didn't deserve this. How evil could he be so that Jessica and AJ did that to him?

''Can I ask you another favor?'' ask Eli

''yeah'' I answer now looking at him.

He hesitates for a couple of seconds before he spoke ''can I stay with you for a couple of days? I know that If I get home Jessica will be bothering me a lot''

Poor Eli.

''Yeah sure. Just go to your house or send someone to send you clothes to my house. Here keep the keys'' I said giving him my keys. I have an extra key Anyways.

''You have no idea how much you are doing for me. Thank you Alexandria'' he said as he grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

I smiled and squeezed it back.

I though that Eli will let go of my hand.

But instead he just held it as if his life depended on it.

...............................

''ya! I've been calling you the whole day! where have you been woman!?'' says Minwoo as soon as he sees me.

I roll my eyes and put my purse in my locker ''I was busy. Sorry mom''

''Alexandria don't do this to me. You know how worried I get. '' he said wrapping his arms around me.

''I know Minwoo. I'm sorry. I promise I will never miss another one of your calls'' I said wrapping my arms around him.

''good girl! now lets get to work muchacha!'' says Minwoo making me laugh. Work without him would be so boring.

....................................

''Can I go over to your house today? I don't feel like going to mine tonight'' said Minwoo as we walk towards his car.

''Yeah sure..but there is something that I need to tell you'' I said as we both get into his car.

Minwoo looks at me ''are you pregnant?''

My eyes widen and I slap him behind his head ''are you crazy!?''

Minwoo groans and rubs the back of his head ''I was kidding!! that hurt''

''well you deserve it!'' I said crossing my arms over my chest. How dares he.

'''whatever..just tell me'' he said still rubbing the back of his head

''well something happened last night..and Eli will be staying at my house for a couple of days'' I said putting my seatbelt on.

''what..? why?!'' he said looking angry.

''..something happened Minwoo. I can't tell you'' I said.

''ARE YOU CRAZY! WHY WOULD YOU LET HIM IN YOUR HOUSE? ARE YOU STUPID!'' screamed Minwoo.

My eyes widened ''what is wrong with you?!''

''IS IT THAT YOU LOVE HIM? IS THAT IT ALEXANDRIA? THAT'S WHY HE IS STAYING AT YOUR HOUSE NOW?! YOU KNOW WHAT! GET OUT! GET OUT NOW'' he said getting over me and opening the passenger door.

''Minwoo! stop!'' I said as he pushed me out of the car.

When he finally got me out of the car he closed the door and went his way.

''What is wrong with him'' i said as tears escaped my eyes.

I looked around me and it was dark and empty. I started to get scared so I started walking home.

''I have to call Eli'' I said as I look through my purse. After looking for my phone for 2 minutes I realized It wasn't there. I left if home.

I looked up from my purse and realized that I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. I looked around and it was an empty street, there were no car in sight and no houses.

''well look at this'' said someone behind me..

I turn around and saw 2 guys walking towards me.

''what is a pretty lady like this doing here all by herself?'' asks one of the guys.

''leave me alone'' I said backing away.

They laugh and walk closer towards me ''you don't tell us what to do little girl...we tell you what to do''

My heart started to beat faster and my palms started to get all sweaty. I need to get out of here. I turned around and started to run as fast as I could.

''COME HERE!'' said one of the guys as he grabbed my hair.

This is it...

It will happen all over again..

why god?

why?