chapter 12

Painful Past

Eli's POV

Her Lower lip quivered as a soft sob left her pink lips and salty tears streamed down her cheeks. Want me to be honest with you? I do feel something big inside of me screaming at me to hug her and never let her go but another part to me screamed that she's a and that she betrayed me with one of my best friends. My hand twitched but I held back the urge I had to hug her. If I forgive her, I would be named the dumbest  man in the whole world. Because once a cheater, always a cheater.

''What do you want Jessica?'' I ask, my voice breaking.

I'm so weak.

''Eli..can we please talk?'' she asked, whipping some tears of her cheeks.

I hesitated for a moment but at the end I just accepted her request. When I spent all of these days without seeing her, I though that I would feel disgusted when I saw her, but seeing her in front of me now, I realize that it was my mind speaking, not my heart. I still love jessica..but  I also like Alexandria. She has been so supportive, gentle and understanding with me that I couldn't help but get attracted to her. She's beautiful, smart, kind and understanding. Why does my heart have to be so confusing.

We entered Alexandria's home and I motioned Jessica to sit on the empty red couch facing the TV. The room looked different now that there is a person that caused me pain present. The white and yellow colors that used to be so vivid were now plain and dull, the photographs hanging on the walls, that once gave a sense of happiness to this house, are now just photos. Everything can change for such a little thing.

''Eli, I wanted, I wanted to apologize for that happened on the beach. I wasn't myself that day and I can explain everything. Please just listen to me and let me explain'' begged Jessica with newly formed tears rolling down her cheeks.

I sighed and nodded. Jessica thanked me and sat down on the couch ''Lets make this fast'' I said, trying to make her see that just because I'm talking to her, doesn't mean that I forgave her.

Jessica nodded and started speaking ''When we were at the light house, we started drinking this strong substance. It was Rum. When AJ gave me the bottle, we started drinking and drinking and in no time we lost our morals. We started kissing and I was going to end up further than that but you came and saved us from doing the unthinkable''' explained Jessica. ''Baby that wasn't me. I promise you that If you give me a second chance, I will not even touch a bottle of alcohol in my entire life. Baby I love you. You are the one that I love, you are the love of my life. Please forgive me''

I sat still, not daring to move a muscle. I started processing all of this and it all made sense. I knew that Jessica wouldn't cheat on me. She loves me as much as I love her.

''I forgive you'' I said without hesitation ''Deep inside, I knew that you would never cheat on me. I know you love me Jessica'' I said grabbing her hand and giving it a light squeeze.

I know I should feel happy that me and Jessica are back together

but something in the back of my mind is telling me to back out..

but I don't know why?

~.~

Alexandria's POV

When AJ noticed my precense, he smiled and motioned me to sit in the empty chair in front of him. I hesitated for a while, before I started walking slowly and sat down on the black leather chair of Le Blue. I stared at AJ as he grabbed his cup of coffee and took a light sip of it. He was wearing a light blue dress shirt, white pants and his hair styled perfectly. On his right hand, golden watch that probably cost a fortune, decorated his wrist and on his left hand a brown bracelet. AJ studied me for a while before he started talking ''how are you Alexandria?'' he asked.

I nodded ''everything is good. Thanks for asking'' I said coldly.

AJ stayed quiet before he leaned back on his chair '' I guess you know why I'm here right?'' he asked.

I nodded ''Jessica and You''

AJ nodded ''Bingo''

I rolled my eyes and held back the urge to get that coffee and throw it right at his face. But I have to remember the restaurant's policy ''the customer is like Royalty. You disrespect them and your head will be chopped off'' and by chopped off I mean, I'll never work here again.

''Its none of my business. You should be talking to Eli, not me '' I said as I stood up ''Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to work''

As I started walking away, I felt AJ grab my wrist and pull me back ''I have nothing to talk about with Eli. Jessica is already talking with him'' he said.

My heart dropped at the though of Jessica and Eli being together. Throughout these days, my feelings for Eli have increased a lot. I think about him a lot, when I see him my heart starts to beat fast and at the end of the day, I can't wait to get back home and see him.

''Still. There is nothing for us to talk about AJ'' I said ''You should leave now''

AJ chuckled and put his hands on the pocket of his hands ''I'll leave but I just wanted to let you know that what happened between me and Jessica that night, didn't mean a thing''

I looked at AJ in disbelief as he walked out of the restaurant and out of my sight.

how can someone be so heartless and cruel?

~.~

AJ's POV

as I got into my car, I received a text from Jessica

''He forgave me. The plan is up again. Lets make sure we don't mess up again''