Chapter 10

Painful Past

Alexandria's POV

I kicked, bit, screamed as hard as I could but nothing work. The men were dragging me a away to an unknown place and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't defend my self, I was useless. As the men dragged me I closed my eyes and prayed. I prayed to god to send me someone that will save me. I don't want to re live my past.

''We are going to have fun with this one'' said the bigger male as the other one chuckled. How can people be so heartless? What drives them to do things like this? Things than can give an invisible scar to innocent people, why?

''Where do you think you are doing?'' I hear someone say from behind. I put my head up and I see a tall boy, younger than 24 and with eyes that could kill a person with a single stare.

The smaller male smirked and walked towards the young boy ''Why do you care? Want to join?'' he said coldly.

The young boy chuckled and put his hand on his hips ''let the girl go and I will let you go without a broken bone''

The males laughed and shook their heads ''Listen here boy. You better go before we hurt you'' said the smaller man grabbing the young boy's shirt.

The boy chuckled and grabbed the male's wrist. He twisted it slowly until the male couldn't stand it anymore and let go of his shirt but that didn't stop the young boy. He kicked the smaller man on the stomach and hit his face with such a force that I saw blood spilling from his nose and mouth. The young boy then moved on to the one holding me.

''Do you want me to kick your too?'' asked the young male cracking his knuckles. The male holding me shook his head and ran away as fast as he could leaving his partner alone.

After a couple of minutes I finally reacted ''Thank you so much'' I said falling on my knees ''thank you''

The young boy kneeled down and grabbed my chin ''I'm just glad that you are okay. Now lets get you home''

..............................

When we arrived at my house the younger male, whose name I still don't know, smiled at me ''Take better care. Don't hang out by yourself on dark places anymore okay?''

I smiled and nod ''Thanks again. How can I repay you?''

The boy chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck ''Just take care of yourself''

The boy turned around without saying anything else and walked away.

''what's your name?!'' I screamed.

The boy turned around and smiled ''Tao..''

.................................

When I entered my house, I saw Eli walking back and forth in front of the couch. He looked at me and ran towards me. ''Where have you been? I went to your work, called you but your phone was here and..what happened?'' he said as he saw my puffy eyes.

''I was in trouble.'' I said as I started to cry again...

Eli looked at me with compassion and hugged me. He allowed me to cry for 10 minutes until he broke the silence ''What happened?''

I told Eli everything. From my fight with Minwoo to Tao saving my life. If it weren't for him,I would be laying down on the cold floor with two bastards doing whatever they desired. Why did Minwoo got so mad that he made me walk by myself at night, knowing that what happened on my 18th birthday can happen again? I don't think I'll be able to forgive Minwoo after this. I don't need people like that in my life.

''I am so glad that you are okay. You will not leave this house without me. I will take you where ever you want and pick you up as well. Okay?'' he said hugging me as if his life depended on it. I hugged him back and cried again. I need to be with someone right now. Someone that will protect me and make me feel safe. Eli is the person that I need right now.

.....................

''Thank you for bringing me to work. I'll be done by 8pm'' I said to Eli as I search through by bag for my name tag. I hope I didn't leave at home because I would be in a lot of trouble. We have a new manager and he is not very nice. He gave a waitress a warning for lasting 3 minutes in the bathroom. That's how strict he is.

''I'll be here at 7:45.'' Said Eli as I opened the passenger door. I smiled at him, said goodbye and walked right in to the restaurant.

When I got in the new manager, Kris, walked towards me and shook his head '' you can't keep coming this late Alexandria. You have your first warning'' he said writing my warning on his little notebook.

What is he talking about? My shift starts at 10:00 am and its 9:55. ''Sir I am 5 minutes early''

Kris shook his head once again ''all employees have to report 15 minutes before their shift starts. New rule miss. Now get back to work before you get your second warning''

I nod and decide to drop the argument. Its not good to fight with the boss right? When I walk into the kitchen I see Minwoo sitting down and going trough his phone. He puts the phone on his ear and a couple of seconds after my phone starts ringing. When Minwoo heard my ringtone he looked up and walked towards me. 

I shook my head and he stopped. I turn around and walk towards my locker, I put my bag in and find my name tag there. So this is where it was.

''Alexandria we need to talk.'' said Minwoo standing behind me.

Madness started to fill my body and I knew that my face were getting read. I slammed my locker door shut and turned around ''about what Minwoo? That Eli is living with me for a couple of days? huh? or that I was about to get for the second time last night? What do you want to talk about Minwoo?''

Minwoo's eyes widened and his chin almost hit the floor. He grabbed my arms and pulled me towards him. I try to get away from him but i doesn't work, he is too strong. I got my left hand free and used it to slap him as hard as I could. He stopped pulling me and let go of my right hand ''I though you always wanted to protect me Minwoo.. you are just a liar''

....................................................

''okay guys its time to close up! Ill see you all tomorrow and remember, 15 minutes earlier'' said Kris as we all finish cleaning the restaurant.

''I will see you tomorrow ms. Alexandria'' said JP winking and walking out of the door. I smile and walk to my locker to get my bag. When I got my stuff I walked out and Eli was waiting for me. He waved and smiled ''Ready to go home?''

I nod my head and we walk towards his car. Eli places his arm over my shoulder and holds me close to him. My feelings for Eli have gotten stronger after yesterday. He was with me when I needed someone to comfort me and tell me that everything is going to be okay. Eli is the kind of boy that I want in my life.

''I cooked pasta for you. Its good'' he said opening the passenger door for me. When he got in I thanked him for cooking for me and in no time we were on our way home.

I am really tired. Everything that happened yesterday made me feel exhausted. I just want to eat, take a bat and go to sleep.

When we got home I walked straight to the kitchen. I dropped my bag to the floor and found the pasta right on the table. It looked delicious!

I sat down on the table and took my first bite. ''Holy cow! This is amazing Eli''

Eli smiled and sat in front of me ''Thank you. I don't cook very often but when I do it's delicious'' he said praising himself.

I roll my eyes and continue to eat. Something this delicious should not be wasted.

After I finished eating I walked up to my room and took a long shower. Eli had to knock on my door a few times to verify if I was okay.

After an hour I decided to leave the bathroom. I got changed and got into my bed. When I was about to turn my lamp off Eli walked into my room, with the same pjs I gave him yesterday, and got into the bed and hugged me ''good night''

I chuckled and turned off the lamp '' you don't mind me sleeping with you right?'' asks Eli snuggling me closer to him.

I smile and shake my head ''I feel comfortable like this. I actually like it''

Eli chuckled and put his face on the crook on my neck ''me too''

and with that..I fell into deep sleep.

.......................................

In the middle of the night I woke up by a loud noise. I looked around and I saw nothing. I looked at Eli and saw him sleeping peacefully. When I was about to fall asleep again, I heard the noise again.

I got up from my bed and walked downstairs. I looked outside my window and saw Minwoo sitting on the floor throwing rocks at my door. What is he doing here? I grabbed my coat and walked outside. 

When I opened the door and got out Minwoo stood up and ran towards me. He hugged me tightly and started crying. I pushed him away from me and he fell to the floor. He looked up at me and his eyes were puffy and red from crying. For a moment I started to feel bad for him but the memories of what happened yesterday got back to me and I started to feel angry at him again.

''what do you want?'' I ask him

Minwoo stands up and walked slowly towards me. ''I came to apologize and tell you why I was so mad at you last night ''

curiosity took over and I nodded. I sat down on the grass and he sat down too. 5 minutes passed by before he started talking ''When you told me what happened on your 18th birthday, I though that I had the job of protecting you. I never wanted to leave your side and that made me feel something different for you''

''What do you mean?'' I ask confused.

''Alexandria, I can't stand seeing a man being close to you. It makes me go crazy. Alex.. I'm madly in love with you.''