Chapter 5

Painful Past

Alexandria's pov

I danced with AJ until my feet couldn't keep up anymore. We walked to the couch were Minwoo was sitting before to look for him but he was nowhere to be found.

"Were could be he?" I asked standing on my toes and try to find him

AJ placed his hands on my shoulder and pushed me down so I wasn't standing on my toes "I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry"

I gave him a smile and nodded. Minwoo wasn't drunk so I'm sure he's okay.

"How do you know Eli?" Asked AJ as we both sit down on the couch

"I don't actually. I know his girlfriend,Jessica. She invited me" I explained as I took my beautiful shoes off. As much as I love them I had to take them off, My feet hurt a lot.

"Oh" he said now looking pass my shoulder.

What is he looking at?

I turned around and saw Jessica and Eli walking towards us.

"I'm so glad you came" said Jessica as she gave me a tight hug

"Thank you for inviting me" I said hugging her back.

We broke the hug and I turned towards Eli who was smiling brightly "Happy Birthday Eli"

Eli's smile got brighter "thank you"

Eli looked pass my shoulder and Saw AJ "oh so you guys know each other?"

I turned around and looked at AJ who was looking intensely at Eli as if he was trying to tell him something "yes we do"

I raised an eyebrow at his weird expression but quickly shook it off.

"Oh AJ I need to talk to you" Said Jessica as she grabbed AJ's arm and took him out of the room.

"So..would you like to dance?" He asked as he placed his hand in front of him for me to take it.

Should I?

I don't know if Jessica would like me to be dancing with her boyfriend.

As if reading my mind Eli said "Jessica won't mind"

I smiled at him and gently took his hand. Eli smiled and took me to the dance floor. Just as we entered the dance floor the song Crush by 4men started playing. Eli placed his hand on my lower back and grabbed my hand. I smiled and placed my free hand on his shoulder. We started dancing slowly to the rhythm of the song. This is my favorite song by 4men.

"I love this song" said Eli as he closed his eyes to absorb the music as much as possible

"This is my favorite song" I said smiling up at him. Eli opens his eyes and looks down at me.

His lips turn into a smile "cool. You know..Jessica has talked a lot about you"

I gave him a surprised look "she has? Why would she?

There's nothing much to say about me. The only interesting thing must be that I'm a foreigner. In Korea you don't see much of them so being one and living here makes me..unique

"Yeah. She said you are nice, pretty and sweet. If we wouldn't be going out I would have tough that she was in love with you" said Eli with a chuckle.

"Well..nice" I said smiling. I don't know what to say because I've never knew that people talked nice about me. I'm really awkward.

"So listen me and the boys and SNSD are planning on going to the beach tomorrow and you seem like a cool person and I would like for you to meet the boys. Do you want to come with us?" He asked as his eyes fill with hope.

I guess this guy really likes me as a friend. That's good because I like him too..as a friend.

"I would love to" I said smiling.

Eli smiled back and the song ended.

We walked out of the dance floor and took a seat on the first couch we found. I looked at Eli and finally took a moment to notice how he looked today.

He was wearing a black suit with a black undershirt and black dress shoes. His hair was perfect and his eyebrow piercing was there as well.

"How long have you and Jessica have been going out?"

"We've been together for 5 months now. I remember the day I asked her out. I was so nervous" Answered Eli laughing.

I laughed as well trying to shake off the urge to ask him how he asked her out. I don't want to ask him many questions because I don't want him to think I want to know everything about his life.

"You guys look cute together" I said honestly. I believe that if they keep this chemistry up they will go far

"Thank you" said Eli.

"Alexandria" says a familiar voice say beside me. I turned towards where the voice was coming and I saw Minwoo.

"Where were you?" He asks putting his hands on his hips. He's like a mom. Every since I told him about what happened that night 5 years ago he has been over protective of me. He calls me a lot to check on me, he always makes sure that I'm alright. He's such a sweet heart

"I was on the dance floor" I said raising my left eyebrow. He knew I was dancing.

Minwoo drops his hands from his hips and gives me a soft look "I'm sorry its just that after what happened to you that night I-" Said Minwoo before I cut him off

"Don't talk about that please" I turned around towards Eli and saw a confused look placed on his face.

I hope he doesn't ask about what happened to me that night. I don't want any sympathy from him.

Eli's POV

The party is finally over.

The maids are cleaning up the place and I'm laying down on my bed.

I'm honestly tired but I can't fall asleep. I've been thinking about Alexandria a lot.

Since the first time I saw her I started feeling something in me. Something I can't explain.

Maybe the thing that Minwoo said has something to do about it. About something that happened a certain night.

I have to find out about it..That might be the key to why I feel pain every time I see her.

Something In my heart tells me she will change my life and I have to figure how.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when my phone rang.

I groaned and reached for my phone that was placed on the table right next to my bed. I unlocked the screen and a smile plastered on my face. It was Alexandria. Since we were meeting tomorrow I gave her my number so I could text her where to meet us.

I opened the message and smiled

once again Happy Birthday Eli. I had a great time tonight ^^ thanks for inviting me

I quickly answered

Thank you! It was nice getting to know you today. I'll see you tomorrow Tomorrow

I'll get her to open up to me.

I need to know what happened that night

I need to know why she makes me feel awful

I have to know