V: Promise Kept

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taecyeon POV:

Once Yoona left, I immediately felt worried at the quick event that just happened. Not to mention lonely. What was in the treasure chest that she mentioned? The curious person I am I went to check and was looking through the chest I found a gun small but good enough. I closed the chest putting everything back but the gun in my hand. I walked back to bed sitting here thinking of how Yoona got this gun. I can see in her point of having it for protection. After sitting on the bed I decided to go outside and look around bringing the gun with me. It was dark but there was a bit of light. I was walking through the wood a different path I haven’t seen before.

 

Yoona POV:

Sooyoung and I was run to the main Red Cross patients’ tents I asked her, “what’s happening?!”

“Neverland is what’s happening! They gave us a surprise attack with a bomb now we need every nurse and doctor on the soldiers that are coming in wounded and they’re coming in fast!” The sound of the bomb was far but it could still be heard.

“Yoona, you go on a head I’ll gather the rest of them there, Okay!”

“Okay Unnie!” I ran quickly leaving Sooyoung when I got there my ears heard moans of pain and my eyes sight filled with injured soldiers with blood everywhere. A sight that cannot be unseen, moans that cannot be unheard it will forever be in my memory.

 

“Nurse Im!” I ran over as I heard my name called. I looked at the other nurse, Nicole, and then saw the soldier his hand was cut off.

“Help me stop the blood.” I worked on the patient as Nurse Nicole ran off to help the other soldiers. After soldier after soldier it look like it was worse than the last hearing their cries of pain hurt my heart as these old and young men fighting for their mother land wanting freedom go through such suffrage. I looked at this soldier as I tried stopping the blood as I pushed down on the wound.

 

The soldier started to speak, “Miss can I tell you something?"

"Yes I'm all ears and I'm willing to listen."

"I’m married man when I get back I’ll be able to see my baby girl, boy, and my wife as a hero who fought for freedom. Isn’t that nice?” He gave a warm smile, I shook my head and said, “Yes sir it is.”

“However if I don’t make it could you promise me to mail this to my family?” he grabbed two letters from his pocket and handed them to me.

“I will Sir,” I answered back.

“Thank you so much Miss.”

 

The blood kept running down it wouldn’t stop nor did it slow down. I start to panic, “No need to stop it I have to accept my fate but please remember the promise…” those were his last wor

Please log in to read the full chapter