XVII: Instinct

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Warning this chapter tends to go back and forth so I added dashed --- to lessen the confusion. That's all :) Enjoy.

Author POV:

As they set sail in the dark, they stopped a couple of feet away from shoreline. Jessica took out a small flashlight; she started to click it on and off three times. They sat there waiting for a response.  Five minutes later three flashes went off with a minute pause in-between before the last light went off with a total of 4 lights as the given signal. Jaejoong started the engine once again quickly reaching land. 

As they got off they were greeted by a man with a husky voice, “Hello everyone glad to see that everyone made it safe; all in one piece. My name is Yongguk, the leader of the section I’m leading. I’m sure Taeyeon inform you all. We’ll start to unload the cargo by the bush over there as some of my men will be going back and forth from our base with the supplies.” He quickly ended as 2 men started to help the crew unload. 

However, Yongguk’s tone didn’t go unnoticed as he walked away a couple of feet away from the boat. Yoona came up to him with her hand on his arm, he grabbed her wrist. Startling her a bit until she saw his face although it was dark; Yoona’s senses were perfectly fine. 

“Yes what is it?” he asked. She reached out placing her hand on his forehead, “You’re sweating.” 

She took a quick glanced until she saw the problem, he was shot at his lower abdomen. “Your injured,” She gasped. 

“It’s fine just a minor problem.” He brushed her hand away, which only angered Yoona. She kicked his lower legs causing him to fall on his back as he groans. He glared at her, “Hey don’t act all stubborn Mister Yongguk-ssi. I’ve seen many people dying, whether it’s a bullet or a bomb that’s still a cause to many people’s death.” Yongguk kept his mouth quiet and watched as she pulled out supplies from the pouch: a small bottle of alcohol, forceps, bandages and a stitching pack. 

She helps take off his upper clothing and gave him a bandage. That he placed in his mouth to bit down the pain. “Now Yongguk-ssi, I’m a license nurse and I need your corporation. I’m not going to lie but this is going to hurt,” she poured alcohol on his wound. To Yoona’s surprise he wasn’t loud and handled the pain well. While stitching his wound he muttered, “Thanks.” She smiled, “No problem Yongguk-ssi. Although you may be leading and find it a burden I hope you don’t feel that way and ask for help next time. Otherwise it’s a bigger burden if your teams find you dead.” Yongguk smiled for the first time since she met him and his gummy smile was contagious. 

---

Seunghyun went to find Yoona after he didn’t see her after carrying 2 boats worth of bags of supplies back and forth. He then saw a pair of shadow not too far. As he came closer he noticed it was Yoona and a half male smiling, “Is everything alright?”

 Noticing another presence, “Yes everything’s fine now Oppa. I’m just helping Yongguk-ssi with an injury. I’ll be there to help so you go on ahead.” 

“Alright, just letting you two know that we only have one more boat of supplies left.” Before he left Yongguk spoke, “I hope you know that you have a great crew member.”

 “Of course I do she’s one of a kind.”

Cutting off her last stitch she wipe

Please log in to read the full chapter