XVIII: Two sides

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Just like that another day has started, for Yoona she received Taecyeon’s letter yesterday. Only once Jessica came back on board. Yoona was surprised to receive a letter and from Taecyeon at that. She still hasn’t opened the letter. She had mixed emotions; both happiness and fright. What kind of content did the letter hold? That she was now ready to find out. She mentally promised herself that she would open it during her next break.

She was currently standing at her designated post at the front of the boat. Yoona’s eyes kept roaming at the sea, to her watch and back to the door. Just two more minutes, she thought.

As the door creaked opened, “Yoona You can-”

Not letting the male finish his sentence. She quickly ran passed the stunned male but not before giving him a quick thank you.

Doojoon stared at the empty post where Yoona once stood. He snapped out of the dazed effect and muttered under his breath as he continues to walk up to his scheduled post, “Such a strange one, that girl is.”

Yoona dashed down stairs carefully making sure not to disturb her crew member’s work; her first destination the locker room. The locker room was a section of the ship located at the bottom a couple of levels that had almost over a thousand cubbies, a place where she and her fellow mates kept their own personal items. Standing in front of her locker she grabbed the small lock twisting and turning the combination. At the last turn she pulled the lock down and unhooking it from its place. She took out her journal in which she kept the letter in as well as a pencil. She placed the lock back on before walking off to her second destination the back of the ship.

After the first week of getting to familiarize the ship, she found out that not many people are stationed at the back only a few, but it became one of her favorite spots at night to come and write and stare at sea with its night skies. The air was much more fresh than being on land, the skies are clearer and there wasn’t much smoke in the skies, but you can still see it if you were close enough towards land.

She went directly to her regular seat as she meets eye contact with a ship mate, James; she gave him a small smile followed by a slight head bow out of respect. She resumed by opening her journal and taking out the letter. She let out a breath before opening it:

“Hi Yoona,

Don’t know if Jessica told you how we saw each other but it was a pretty odd. You could say my canine sense was kicking in,”

What the heck is he talking about, Yoona almost burst out laughing.

“I honestly was surprise that I saw you. At first I thought I might have started going delusional but when I called out your name you paused slightly. Maybe if I had notice earlier I would have been able to at least see and have you near me physical even if it was for a moment. I hope you’re healthy and doing well. I told you didn’t I that we would meet each other again. Technically in this case I only saw you from the back. But if fate is kind we’ll both meet each other again. Stay strong My Angel. We’ll all get through this.

Sincerely Ok Taecyeon   

Although the letter felt short Yoona felt strength and hope from his letter. She believes, no she felt like something good may help clear the cloudy skies. But to say when she wasn’t sure.

She slipped the letter back in. Just then she heard a voice, “Yoona!”  Yoona looked up as she found her brother in front of her; hands on his knees panting.

“Neh, Oppa. What’s the matter?” She looked at her elder brother who looked as if he ran a marathon.

He grabbed her hand, pulling her up, “Come the Captain has an announcement to make.”

She held her journal close as her brother held her hand, both rushing towards the front deck that held most of the off duty crew waiting for the announcement.

They arrived on time to hear the speech as they stood and watch the man on the big screen.

“Good evening everyone this is your Captain speaking. I hope those on duty can hear me as well; also I want to let you all know you’re doing your duties well. As for those off duty I hope your enjoying today’s nice weather. Today I have an important announcement to make to all of you. Due to technically difficulties I’ve just received information from the government that Neverland have pulled a white flag finally surrendering.”

The news gave everyone great joy; hugs and tears were being shed. Yoona looked at Soo Hyun with joy as he gave her the same amount of joy on his face she jumped into her brother’s arms, “Oppa, I can’t believe it.... It’s unbelievable, the war has finally ended.” Soo Hyun held her tight in his arms, “We can finally go home now.” Yoona chuckled pulling away she shook her head in agreement.

Yoona was back on her feet as she noticed her fellow member came up to them. “Unnie! I can’t believe it,” Joohyun exclaimed. “Well you better believe it Seohyun!”

“Hyung,” SooHyun announced acknowledging Seunghyun presents by keeping his hand out. Seunghyun returns it by shaking SooHyun’s hand with a smile on his face. After the handshake SooHyun goes back into his conversation with Joohyun.

Yoona tilted her head a signal for Seunghyun to follow. “Sometimes I would wish for him to ask her out already, I mean everyone know that my brother has a thing for Seohyun.”

Seunghyun added, “Maybe the timing never felt right for him too.”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Who really knows what my brother is thinking but himself.” Yoona leans against the metal rails feeling the wind brush against her face. Seunghyun admires the

Please log in to read the full chapter