XVI: Apart

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taecyeon POV:

Bombs are heard everywhere as well as guns being shot and fired from every direction. Currently we’re on our way back to base. “Stay low and move forward!” Junsu commanded.

 We followed his instructions, stay low and move forward, but must be aware of our surroundings at the same time. I heard movement besides our own from behind. Junho signaling me to lay low as the others already had. We tried our best to blend in with the surroundings as much as possible and hid in large bushes. We spotted our targets as they approach closer; I pulled my gun in front of me slowly lining it up to our targets.

Man one complained, “You idiot we lost them now.”

“It’s not my fault,” Man two arguing back.

Man three spoke up, “Be quiet let’s-” Before the man could finish his sentence Wooyoung fired at the man and as expected bulls eye.

While they were arguing we were signaling each other and getting ready to fire. They were panicking once one of their men was down; they started to shoot all over the place. I pulled the trigger shooting followed by the others. When I shot the man ours eyes met for a mere second, cries we’re heard as they were shot. War isn’t beautiful but you have to do what you need to do to succeed the goal and surviving. We waited for a little bit longer before heading out of hiding to make sure the coasts clear.

Of course we felt horrible for shooting the men; not sure if they were A. dragged into this or B. fighting for their cause like we are with ours. We needed to do this to keep our country’s independence, not to fall into another country’s command and to protect our future generation’s future.

“Let’s go,” I told them.

I walked over to the dead bodies before following the rest; closing their eyes. All of a sudden Chansung called me, “Hyung!” His voice filled with worry. I turned my head towards his direction only to be hit directly on the head by a cold object. 

"Ow, that hurts!" I growled while glaring at Nichkhun.

"Why did you hit me with that?" grabbing the water canteen out of his hands I hit him back on the arm.

"You worry us you know. Are you alright?" I nodded, "I was alright until someone whacked me with a canteen."

He chuckled, "Taec don't worry about them too much; they had to do what they are told and they happen to obey. Now let's catch up with the others it isn't a wise choice to get separated."

He held out his hand I reached out and took it while he pulled me up. I smiled at him and pat his shoulder, "They want to see us fall but we're not."  

"Because I'm not going down without a fight," Nichkhun added. We cautiously ran back to the group.

"Hyung are you alright?" Chansung asked while snickering to himself.

"Oh shut up," I punched him on the arm as we got back to base. 

 

Yoona POV:

I enjoy the cold morning breeze as its still pitch black, still too early for normal civilians to be a wake. It’s been months now almost a year since that day I last saw Taecyeon. All I can do is pray that he and the boys are alright not seriously injured or anything. I also hope the war is almost over, fr

Please log in to read the full chapter