XV: Meaningful

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona POV:

I woke up feeling an arm around my waist. I shot my eyes open remembering I slept next to Taecyeon. I saw him next to me sleeping peacefully, cute like a small kitten or in this case a large kitten. I stared at his facial features, outlining every inch with my eyes then I realized I had to get up and keep my promise to Chansung. I tried slowly to make my way out of bed when I felt a tug pulling me in closer. I was scared I woke him up so I called his name, but it came out as a whisper, “Taecyeon oppa?”

“Hmm… 5 more minutes,” he replied sleepily.  I waited at least a minute or two to be on the safe side. When I felt like he fell back to sleep, I slowly and quietly got out. I went for a quick shower then met up with the girls.

“Yoona!” I turn my head to see Taeyeon waving, “Wait up.” I stopped while she ran to catch up. “Good morning unnie.”

“Morning Yoona, Did you get enough sleep last night?” When Taeyeon asked I felt a burning rush go straight to my cheeks, reminding me what happened. “Ne… I did. Did you unnie?”

“Not really, I heard someone snoring in the next tent,” she explained, we started to laugh. We met up with the other girls checked in, had a quick breakfast, and went to our normal routines. This times Taeyeon, Sunny and Hyoyeon had kitchen duty. After breakfast I bid everyone goodbye and walked towards the kitchen. I entered but no one was there yet besides the Chef and I.

“Good morning Chef  Daniel,” I said entering the kitchen. Chef Daniel is a foreigner, so his cooking is different to my regular Korean pallet; however it’s delicious.

“Good morning Yoona why are you here earlier than the rest?”

“I promised someone I had to make them breakfast. Do you have any extra lunch boxes?”

“Yes, I’ll go get them, you can start cooking.”

“Thank you, Daniel.” I decided to make them rice balls with different ingredients in them as well as just plain. They are more quick to eat and more efficient on the field; all you need to do was to take it out, eat, and then put the box back when you’re done. Daniel came in with the plastic boxes, placing them on the table, I thanked him once again as he left me to finish while he started to make breakfast for others. The girls came in for their shift, all smiled as an acknowledgement. They started working once they walked in. The lunch boxes were complete each with something different from the rest. Feeling accomplished I cleaned up my station then took my leave, I waved, “Goodbye Daniel thanks again for the lunch boxes. I’ll absolutely miss you cooking. See you later unnies!”

“No problem, as I’ll miss your cheerful personality in the mornings.”

“We’ll see you later,” they said in sync.

 

I entered back into the ten to see that Taecyeon butting up his uniform. My first thou

Please log in to read the full chapter