XIV: The Heart Goes Pit-a-Pat

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

WARNING BE PREPARED FOR INTENSE TAECYOON MOMENTS ;) or so in my opinion…

“Hey there,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

A small giggles left her lips, “Hey there yourself, Mister.”  She looked up only to meet with his warm brown eyes staring right back at her. As they both appreciate each other’s presence in silence.

“Hey,” his lip twitches upwards.

“Hi,” giving back a shy smile.

“How was your day?” he asked.

“Hmm… I would say same old same old, but I did meet this boy-”

“Don’t tell me you fell for someone else,” his smile quickly turns into a frown.

She slaps his chest, “Of course not! ... I just met this solider and he looked so young. I’ve never came across this situation, I would say he was the youngest one I’ve met so far. The way he looked at me made me want to cry and if you looked into his eyes… they had so many emotions that a young boy shouldn’t feel at his age.” Taecyeon pulled her into his arm as her head rest on his chest, taking in the comforting noise that kept beating.

“Hyung,” the sudden voice startled the two, Yoona quickly pushed herself away from Taecyeon’s embrace.

Turning their heads to the direction the voice came from, a head pop in, “Hyung! Oh hi Yoona.”

“Hi Oppa, what are you doing here?”

“I thought you left with the guys,” Taecyeon spoke.

“You guys were here earlier?” Yoona tilted her head to the side with a questioning look.

“Yeah hyung had his last check up.”

~An hour ago~

“I guess this is-” Taecyeon got cut off.

“Your last check up,” Minho finished.

“Hyung we’re glad to have you back out on the field with us,” Gleemed the youngest.

Wooyoung patted Taecyeon’s shoulder, “I’ve got to say your one fast healer.”

“Didn’t think you’d be coming back out there again this soon,” Nichkhun added.

“Well what can I say I’ve got incredible people watching over me,” Taecyeon smiles at Minho.

In which he returns, “If you guys don’t mind can I have a word alone with Taecyeon?”

“Sure thing hyung,” the noise of shuffling feet moves towards the door.

“I guess we’ll see you later.”

The noise died down leaving the two men to themselves, “You know at first I didn’t like you or approve of having you around my sister.” The smiles turn to a clear frown, “However whatever this thing you have between you and her, I approve. I want to say thanks as well for looking out for her when I could not play my role as her brother. You’ve been there when she need someone so thanks.” “Hyung…,” Taecyeon looks at the older man speechless never the less he was glad that Minho shared his thoughts. “Well duty calls, I have got to go, maybe we will run into each other in the future until then don’t be a stranger and say hi. Be careful out there,” with a pat on his shoulder he watched the older man walk away.

  “Chansung was suppose to ask if you wanted to leave tonight or tomorrow morning,” Nichkhun intruded, startling everyone due to his quiet entrance.

Taecyeon looked at Yoona to see her head down with her lips forming a pout, so he turns his head back, “Is alright to leave tomorrow morning.”

Stepping inside the tent, “That just means morning duty for Chansung.”

“Aww Wooyoung hyung, I don’t want to wake up early,” Chansung gave a sad puppy look.

“My gosh you guys are like ninjas entering without noise,” Yoona spoke her hand over her pounding heart.

“Sorry Yoona, it comes to say we’re probably one of best groups.”

“YAH! Shouldn’t you be more excited to pick me up,” Taecyeon smacks the back of the youngest head.

Rubbing the throbbing pain

Please log in to read the full chapter