XIX

War and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

That day the morning weather was nice sunny with a bit of a breeze yet the air that hit your skin felt warm. The door opens with a ring of a bell to notify that a customer has entered. Clicks of heels were heard as a young woman walked in; she reached the counter looking up at the board to see what she wanted to order.

"Hello Welcome to Bittersweet Café,” the young boy looked up with surprise eyes, “Oh good morning Noona, what would you like to order today? The usual?" the young boy asked with a friendly smile.

"Good Morning, may I have the mint tea, 1 slice of carrot cake, a banana and apple cinnamon muffin today. How are the sales this week?"

"That will be a total of $5.30. As for the sales there seems to be an increase of people buying the Angel cake this week." She nodded soaking in the information, “We should keep them on display for next week, but add a new special as well.”

“Will do Noona,” The young male handed her the exact amount, "Oh can you make sure the tea is in a to-go cup, cake and the muffins are in a bag."

"Sure thing Noona, here is your buzzer we'll buzz you to let you know when your order is done."

"Thank You.” That moment she turned a man walked past her, brushing their shoulders slightly. She sat down as the man took his order.

----

He felt electricity as he took his order, he turn to see a glimpse of the young woman. She looked familiar but he wasn’t sure who it was because her face was turned to the window and could only see her side profile. He convinced himself it was probably nothing and continued to the register. After ordering he sat down a table behind the young woman. Once seated, he looked around the table, out the window, then around the café. His eyes roamed around until it stopped and was met with the figure’s back.

He had enough with his mind’s curiosity and reasons that even if the possibilities may be low at least he knew the outcome. He had enough courage and walked over, tapping the female’s shoulder, “Excuse me Miss.”

The female looked up to see the male as his eyes mirrored hers with surprise. His grin turned into a big smile, it was just as I thought. “Im Yoona,” he faintly breathes out.

---

As if their world had stopped once again, but only for a brief moment. Yoona’s buzzer started to go off; clumsily she got up tripping on her own feet along the way. He caught her by her shoulders, “Oh I umm…”

“I’ll be here when you get back,” she nods. As she walks away she places her hands on her burning cheeks, Real smooth Yoona Real smooth.

Yoona waves her electronic device, “Your orders done. Hey Noona who’s the male you were talking to?”

“Let’s just say someone special I haven’t seen in years,” grabbing her order she waves her bag for a quick thanks before heading back. She could feel her heart wanting to jump out of her chest. She sat down in front of him, staring as they really soak in each other’s presents. While she tries to calm her heart and mind, he interrupts her thoughts, “Hi.”

“Hi,” she shyly brushes her hair back.

“Who would have know we would meet in a place like this,” he looks at her bag, “It looks like you were going to take this to-go, are you busy?”

“I’m free I just thought this was going to be another Friday,” she continues, “It’s like one in a million places in Seoul, how have you been?”

They continued their conversation for three hours at the café’s side garden, as the business started to get crowed inside.

“Has life been good for you and the

Please log in to read the full chapter