Duets

Elite from EXO PLANET!

 

Chapter 24

 

Hyerim and you were getting ready in the morning to go to the company building to help the trainees to prepare for a small performance to test out their performing skills. As you were getting ready, you found out that EXO-M and Sehun would help train the trainees along with Elite. Elite took one van from the hotel to the company while EXO-M plus Sehun took another van. It took about 15 minutes to get to the company.

 

When you arrived you spotted Sehun coming out of the van and he saw you. He gave you a smile and came over with the other EXO members.

 

“Hi Jiyoon-ah. Did you miss me?” he said in an aegyo tone.

 

“I didn’t,” Eric interrupted and dragged you into the building. You turned around and waved at Sehun.

 

“So for the testing performance, I was thinking we would do duets with one of the trainees. It could be either singing or dancing. Or maybe both? What do you think? Can you tell the trainees for me?” Eric suggested to you.

 

“Where are you getting these great ideas from? You are usually the grumpy one!” Daejoon said.

 

Everyone in Elite began to laugh.

 

“Eric hyung, Daejoon hyung is right. I am sorry for laughing,” Eunjo said while continuing to laugh.

 

“Eric oppa, I will offer the deal to the trainees,” you said while walking towards the practice room. When you guys walked in, most of the trainees required to do the test performance were there along with EXO.

 

Hi guys! I hope you remember me! If you forgot, I am Jiyoon or Xiaoxing! Okay. You guys all know about the test performance right? *everyone else nods* My fellow member, Eric, came up with a great idea! Since there are 12 of you trainees that need to do this test performance, you guys can choose an Elite member or an EXO-M member to do a duet with. You will just have to ask! It doesn’t matter what gender you are, just chose one of your seniors! Okay?” you announced.

 

OKAY!” the trainees replied.

 

Now remember that the other Elite members do not speak Chinese, so you have to speak Korean to them. Now go chose your senior!” you said then walked towards Elite. You spotted Sehun sitting in the corner listening to music. He couldn’t do much because of the language barrier and he wasn’t a part of the test performance.

 

Ni hao Xiaoxing! Want to be my duet partner? I have a great idea for the performance!” Jing said.

 

Hmmm. Okay! I will be your partner. Are we going to sing or dance?” you asked.

 

I was thinking we can sing Tong Hua by Guang Liang. What do you think?” he asked.

 

I really like that song! I think it will be a good performance but the song has a lot of emotions. First let’s arrange the song according to our voice and then practice in the vocal room. How does that sound?” Jing agreed right away.

 

You went to grab your stuff next to Sehun and he saw you. “Hey, where are you going?”

 

“I am going to the vocal room to sing an arrangement with my partner. Come and visit me,” you winked at him. He began to blush and you began leaving the practice room with Jing. Sehun saw that you left with Jing.

 

~In the vocal room~ (this is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpYtEeiWUW8 )

 

Xiaoxing, I was thinking that you would sing the first verse, and then I would sing the second verse. Then for the chorus we sing it together. Then the pattern repeats. What do you think?

 

I was thinking the same because in the song he sings ‘Wo bu ke neng shi ni de wang zi’ (I couldn’t possibly be your prince) and I can’t sing that without looking weird. Unless I was the prince and you were the princess of the story.” You began to laugh at your lame joke and Jing just laughed at your cuteness.

 

For the past few hours, Jing and you were practicing the song over and over again trying to get the right chemistry between each other so that the emotions of the song came out as you guys sang. It was odd because your guys’ voices just clicked together. Some of the trainees came in to visit and they loved the duet you guys did together. EXO-M with Sehun came to visit.

 

“What song is this? It sounds so familiar…” Xiumin asked.

 

“It is Tong Hua by Guang Liang,” Jing answered.

 

“What does ‘tong hua’ mean again? I forgot,” Chen said.

 

“Tong hua means fairytale. Chen sunbaenim have you heard the song? I think you can do a really great cover and the meaning of the song is so perfect! It is about a man who loves a girl and she thinks all fairytales are lies. But the man that loves her wants to be her angel that she loves in her fairytale. Isn’t that romantic?” you blurted out.

 

“I actually really like this song, who chose the song?” Lay asked.

 

“I did. I always wanted to sing this in front of people because it is a really good song,” Jing answered.

 

Sehun saw how close you and Jing were. He felt really left out because the song was in Chinese and the concept of the song just made him jealous of Jing. Jing got to sing a love song with you before he did. He just left the room and Luhan followed him.

 

~Outside the practice room~

 

“What is wrong, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel like Jiyoon didn’t notice me in the practice room…”

 

“Don’t worry, she really likes you. I know it.”

 

You walked of the practice room to go get water and you saw Luhan and Sehun talking. Sehun looked really frustrated and Luhan looked like he was comforting Sehun. You decided to do something really brave and you gave him a back hug. You hugged him and you pressed your cheek into his back.

 

“What’s wrong oppa?” you asked.

 

Luhan began to giggle really quietly and winked at Sehun. He left to go find his duet partner to practice with. Sehun placed his hands over yours and began to caress your hands. He sighed in relief.

 

“Nothing. I am happy now. That is all that matters. Want to eat dinner together later?” he asked.

 

“Hmm. Will you pay for it?”

 

“Of course I will!”

 

“Call! Can Eunjo, Eric, and Taehyun come too? Also, Hyerim and Daejoon too!”

 

He chuckled, “You might as well invite EXO-M.”

 

“We can have a group dinner! That sounds fun. I haven’t really talked to Eunjo about Josie lately… and I feel like I don’t really talk to my members anymore so I want to hang out with them,” you told him.

 

He turned around and patted your head, “Okay! Heart to heart talk tonight at dinner with the two teams?”

 

You nodded and then waved bye. You went to go get water and you turned around. You saw the practice room door shut really quickly. What was that?


A/N: Sorry that I haven't been updating.... I have been caught up with school work and right now... It is 1:30AM and I just finish writing this chapter.... I really like the duet song. It is a really good song and I hope one day your guys' fairytales will come true :3 Well have a nice day!