Cherry Blossom Laundry

Bang Yongguk

Kana sat on her hands in an effort to warm them. She cursed the movie theater for blasting its air conditioning just before sneezing into the crook of her elbow. Yongguk jokingly shushed her and she made a face at him.

Springtime meant flowers blooming, lovebirds frolicking, and allergies. Kana was sure she had succeeded in annoying everyone in the theater with her constant sneezing and sniffling. A part of her wished the film was a sappy sob story so she could have gotten away with the sniffles, but Yongguk had insisted on an action flick (complete with mafia wars, yachts, hostages, guns, undercover cops, etc).  She sneezed again, discreetly sliding closer to him for some warmth. Kana could imagine him rolling his eyes as he leaned away and pulled off his sweater. He helped her put it on and she snuggled against him afterwards, gleefully wrapped in both his sweater and arms. The best part was that the sweater smelled like him, a stark contrast against the smell of greasy popcorn and Lysol-soaked carpets.

After the movie, they headed to Dongdaemun Market for the street food. It was something Kana had always wanted to do, but both had never found the time to. They bought everything that was edible, from mandu to soondae.

Ddukbokki!” exclaimed Kana, pointing excitedly at the vendor and steaming trays of rice cakes doused in red sauce.

Yongguk looked at her doubtfully. “Let’s remember what happened last time someone downed a stick of ddukbokki…”

Kana flexed her arm and said, “I’ve built up my tolerance. C’mon, Gukkie, let’s see who can eat more.”

Kana lost and had to chug a row of banana milk bottles to sooth the burning on her tongue. Yongguk had a good laugh at her low spicy food tolerance and earned a light punch on his shoulder for “laughing at pain”. They continued strolling through the bustling night market a bit more before Yongguk decided to call it a night. On the way to his car, Kana noticed that the scent of food was now emanating from Yongguk’s sweater.

“Gukkie, I think your sweater might smell…” she took a whiff of the sleeve and was glad that it hadn’t completely absorbed the smell of street food.

“Does it? I can just wash it.”

“No, it still smells like you.”

Yongguk chuckled and asked, “I have a smell? What do I smell like?”

Kana felt her ears and face heat up. She averted her eyes and replied, “Ramen,” even though her brain was screaming something along the lines of fresh laundry and his cologne.

Kana kept the sweater for a couple days before deciding that the weather was too warm to be wearing it to sleep. She finally returned it to him while visiting him at the studio one day.

“Alright, how does this sound?” Yongguk put the headphones over Kana’s ears and watched intently as she bobbed her head to the beat. She gave him a give-me-two-more-minutes-with-it look and he nodded as he returned to his desk. In the middle of scooting backwards in his wheeled chair, Yongguk spied his sweater in Kana’s backpack. He picked it up and teasingly sniffed it in front of her. Kana blushed and he made a face, except he wasn't making fun of her, only trying to decipher the non-Bang Yongguk smell that was on it.

“Wait, why does it smell like…?” he asked aloud.

Kana pulled off the headphones. “What?”

“Nothing.” He pulled on the sweater, feeling the tips of ears burn red.

“Well then, I like the beat, but I think the jazz riff doesn’t really match the song.”

“Really? But sad jazz is so…emotional.”

“Maybe at 3AM it’s pretty emotional, but not with these lyrics.”

“Fine…I’ll think about it.”

Yongguk dropped Kana off at her apartment that night and gave her a tight hug. He rested his head between her neck and shoulder and…yep, she definitely smelled like cherry blossoms with a hint of fresh laundry. Mystery scent on his sweater: identified.

 Kana suddenly pushed him away and turned away from him.

“What’s wrong—”

“AH-CHOO!”

Yongguk couldn’t help but laugh at her predicament. He had to later reassure her that it was cuteness he was laughing at, not pain.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Woo! Update! Thanks for being patient, dear readers, subscribers, and lovelies. ^^ *throws confetti and fluff*

I don't know if I'm making Yongguk to be more of a cutie than he should be OTL

Did anyone catch my references? ^.~

Please leave comments, suggestions, and thoughts in the comments section! All are appreciated!