The Punk and A Real Date

Bang Yongguk

Yongguk: I’m here sorry for being late got caught up in studio

 

Yongguk leaned over the steering wheel to get a better look at the café Kana was supposed to be waiting at. It was drizzling outside and he worried if she had gotten wet or weary of waiting. He felt terrible sometimes; it wasn’t easy to be on time or keep up with significant days when he had to juggle being an idol too. That was no excuse for neglecting his girlfriend though, he reprimanded himself.

So Yongguk took it upon himself to arrange a special event for their 300 days together. It wasn’t that big of a deal (since they didn’t really celebrate the 200th…or the 100th…) but he decided it was time to step up his game and not fall asleep every time they spent time together.

Still no response from Kana. He eased out of the parking spot and circled the block to see if she was waiting elsewhere.

At the intersection, he spotted a bright blue umbrella at the corner. A familiar face was taking shelter underneath it…and so was an unfamiliar face. An unfamiliar male face.

It wasn’t Yongguk’s nature to get jealous (pft he was so above that and please he’s not a kid). He was stuck behind a van parallel parking to load boxes of who-knows-what into their trunk. Yongguk sighed and leaned over the steering wheel again to get a closer look.

The guy was grinning ear to ear as he nodded to whatever Kana was saying. He had tufts of blonde hair sticking out under his hood and a pair of giant attentive eyes. That was all Yongguk could tell from his place in the car, but he was not impressed. Who was this guy anyway? Not impressive enough to justify Kana not responding to his text, he sniffed.

He kept his eyes lasered in on the two, narrowing them when the guy started laughing and Kana playfully tapped him on the shoulder. Skinship?! Pft. PFT.

After what seemed like ten years (it was fifty seconds), the van finally moved out of the way. He did a shoddy parking job and got out of the car, dodging the puddles as he made his way to Kana.

“Oh! You’re here,” Kana smiled, reaching to pull him under the giant umbrella. The other guy was definitely younger, with slightly tan skin and a good build.

“Yongguk, this is Jongin, he’s my classmate. Jongin, this is Yongguk.” Where was his modifier? Yongguk shook “Jongin’s” hand anyway and the “classmate’s” grip was weak…terrible first impression.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too.”

Kana looped her arm into Yongguk’s and waved a cheery “See you tomorrow” to Jongin. They headed back to Yongguk’s car and just as they buckled up, someone called, “Noona!” Jongin jogged up to the passenger window and tapped the glass. Yongguk made to roll down the window, but Kana opened the door to stand.

“I forgot to give you chocopie. Thanks for your help today.”

“Oh wow, thanks Jongin, it was nothing.” Kana always spoke really fast when she was nervous. Was she nervous? Over this punk?

“I’ll see you tomorrow, noona!”

Punk.

After they drove a safe distance away, Yongguk managed to ask, “So who was that?” in what he thought was a nonchalant tone.

“He’s a dongsaeng in my class,” replied Kana, mouth full of chocopie.

“Mmm...you guys are meeting up?”

“Yep, he needed help on this project we’re doing. And then he saw me waiting in the rain so he waited with me.”

“Mmm…he seems like a good kid.”

Kana paused her chewing and he felt her eyes on him. “Gukkie…you’re not…jealous, right?”

“Of what? That punk? Please.”

“Mmmhmm…if you weren’t late, I wouldn’t have been swept away by his umbrella.”

Yongguk flushed. “I caught up in studio…and next time, just wait inside instead of…” he paused.

“Instead of what?” he could hear the smile in her voice.

“…getting…swept away…by other guys…”

Kana guffawed while he blushed furiously. Clearing his throat, he tried to get the heat off him by asking her about her day.

 

They make it to the restaurant with Yongguk's pride a little damaged. As Kana gets out of the car, she mouths a silent "wow".

"I wanted to do something special for our 300th day..." he explains sheepishly.

Kana laces their fingers together and squeezes his hand as they enter the elevator. She leans up to whisper into his ear, "You better be prepared to pay for my appetite."

He chuckles. "I'm kind of prepared to make up for all the other special days I missed..."

Yongguk's a real date DATE kinda guy, so he has the flowers and gift brought out after their dinner. While Kana hugs the flowers, he nervously clutches the small gift box in his hand. 

"Gukkie, you really didn't have to do all this...even dinner would've been fine," Kana sighs, inhaling the scent of the bouquet. Noticing the troubled look on his face, her smile falls. "What's wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. I just...this is a lot to ask, but..." Yongguk popped open the box to reveal the promise ring. He braves looking into Kana's surprised eyes as he continues, "It's a promise ring...and I hope you'll wear it with me." Yongguk reaches around his collar to pull out the ring he wore on a chain around his neck. "I know I'm away often, but you mean the world to me...and I hope you'll accept it. It's not much, just a promise between us to love each other."

He has to resist the urge to fist pump the air when Kana nods and slips the ring on. Yongguk founds himself grinning from ear to ear as he embraced Kana, feeling like the luckiest guy in the world, chyeah.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N: I just remembered YG doesn’t even has his driver’s license lmao he gets it for his GF ok

I kind of lost "steam" for this ongoing oneshot series over time, especially because of my writer's block. And now that BAP is embroiled in this legal mess, I think instead of spending time writing fantasies about them, I really want to just wish them the best. Real life is also catching up with me haha so I hope you guys will understand.

Thank you for being such amazing readers! I might not respond to every comment because I'm so busy, but I do read them all and appreciate each and every one of you!

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!