Two Months

Bang Yongguk

 

Author's Note: Kana remains a uni student throughout the series, while BYG's Kpop idol status comes up when it's convenient for the story. Like in this chapter! Sorry for the inconsistency.

 


 

 

"I'll be fine," she lied, the tears already pooling at the edges of her eyes. The forced smile of reassurance failed to reinforce his belief that she would indeed be okay. Without him. For two months.

"I'm going to miss you, which means I'm going to call and text you almost every day..." he added, weighing her hands in his own. Thank god the cafe was relatively empty at this hour; only a handful of people were thinking that he was breaking her heart. The stares made him even more nervous and guilty.

"I know. I'll just...miss you a lot." Oh that chin and lip tremble combo was not good.

"Please don't cry. It'll be two months before you know it." On second thought he might have to shorten this overseas trip.

He watched Kana shake her head dejectedly and the tiny droplets dampened the fabric of her sleeves. Yongguk felt like she had just punched him; that would have been a better punishment than watching her cry.

He brushed her cheek with his thumb and it came away wet. "Kana, please don't. People are watching."

"Sorry I'm embarrassing you." She cried harder.

"Kana."

"I'm trying not to but I'm not going to see you for 2 months. I'm fine."

The table screeched in protest as he pushed it aside and the entire cafe's occupants were definitely staring now but Kana was crying and it made him feel like dying. He pulled her into a rough embrace and pressed a kiss to her cheek. She resumed sniffling.

"I'm going to have to ask Dae and the others to keep you updated too. Before some dashing jerk whisks you away."

"I'm the cutest noona," she retorted, pulling away. The jab reassured him more than the forced smile had.

"On second thought, I might just not ask them."

The waiter came, no doubt to ask them to PDA elsewhere, but Yongguk and Kana were already done eating. Hand in hand, they headed out into the street and headed for his car. The heat made his face mask and cap even more uncomfortable than they already were, but they were nothing compared to the comfort of Kana's hand in his own. He held on tighter since the only thing he'd be holding onto for the next eight weeks would be a microphone.

Yongguk was excited for this tour; they'd be all around Asia and do a show in LA (LA!). It was his dream, the group's dream, to have the world hear their voices...he wished Kana could come along, because perhaps the best thing about having your dream come true would be to have someone to share that joy with.

"I'm going to miss you, you know that right?" he asked unnecessarily as they buckled in. Just hearing her indulge him in some cheesy lines would make his heart lighter even though his face was already burning from having to ask for them. Okay, beg for them.

"Yes," she replied curtly, evidently still annoyed by his last minute plans. Well, company's last minute plans.

"When I come back, you can yell at me all you want."

"You mean like...BANG YONGGUK! YOU BUTTHEAD! YOU LEFT FOR 2 MONTHS—” He clamped a hand over to stop the actual yelling. A laugh threatened to explode from his chest but he scolded, "I meant something along the lines of...'I love you'."

"Nope, not indulging you," she mumbled through his hand.

"Fine," he grunted, settling back into his seat. At the red light, Kana leaned over and pecked him on the cheek, which honestly overcompensated for lack of cheesy romantic lines they rarely exchanged. Yongguk was sure he'd turned bright red. Why was he such a pabo?