Mixtape

Bang Yongguk

“Dae, what’s all this?” Yongguk called from the living room. He lifted the large gold box from the coffee table and shook its contents.

Daehyun came charging out from the bathroom with his toothbrush still in his mouth. “Hyung, careful! Those are chocolates I made for Kana noona.” Yongguk gave Daehyun a deathly look and refused to let go when he attempted to tug the box from his hyung’s grasp.

“You made her what,” he deadpanned.

Daehyun stopped struggling for a moment before he gave Yongguk a wide eyed stare. “Hyung, are you serious? It’s White Day. She made us all food for Valentine’s Day. This is to thank her for that amazing strawberry cheesecake…” Daehyun’s eyes glazed over and he had a faraway look on his face. Yongguk swore he saw slices of cheesecake dancing in front of Dae’s eyes.

“Daehyun. Earth to Daehyun.”

Snapping out of it, Daehyun frowned at Yongguk. “Hyung, don’t tell me you forgot…”

Yongguk handed him back the box and scratched the back of his neck. “I uh, I came up with something better. And what if I did? Every day is White Day for us.”

Daehyun snorted and began brushing his teeth again. “Better come up with something quick, hyung…” he sang as he padded back into the bathroom.

Crap.

Yongguk sat inside his studio, tapping the electronic piano keys with a pencil. He really wanted to get something for Kana…but what? A part of him felt like the holiday was childish but a larger part of him just wanted to make Kana happy. But there was no way he was going to make heart-shaped chocolates or candies. He had already tried looking up ‘White Day gifts’ and the next most popular gift was white lingerie. Yeah, not happening.

And Kana wouldn’t mind, right? She was reasonable so if he really just bought flowers or something, she wouldn’t be devastated by his lack of creativity despite being a producer, rapper…augh. Finally, when he couldn’t take the distraction from his work any longer, Yongguk focused his entire attention on his music-making. It was the one thing he knew for sure would turn out just right. 

A couple hours later, he pulled into the parking structure of her apartment. On his passenger seat was a palm-sized heart-shaped box. He cringed internally as he stuffed it in his pocket.

Yongguk: Kana-bear, I’m downstairs.

<3 My Lovely Kana <3: What.

Yongguk: Just come down.

<3 My Lovely Kana <3: Okay, be there in five. :D

It actually took her ten but he didn’t mind. He waited by his car and nervously checked his reflection in the windows a few times. Collar was pressed, top buttons undone to show his SUPREME t-shirt underneath, layered jacket was peeping out under his coat, hat tilted…

“Let me know when you’re done checking yourself out.” Yongguk nearly jumped when Kana’s voice surprised him from behind. She was smirking at his grooming and he tipped his hat lower in attempt to hide his embarrassment. Laughing, Kana socked him playfully on the arm. “You look good,” she approved.

He saw her glance inside his car, perhaps looking for flowers or balloons, but Yongguk was here to set trends, not follow them. He followed her gaze and raised his eyebrows at her, “What are you looking for?”

It was Kana’s turn to be embarrassed but she played it off with, “Nothing, what’s up?”

Yongguk tried to hand her the box as swiftly and suavely as possible; the ribbon caught on his pocket's button, the heart shape made it difficult to even maneuver it out of his pocket, and finally Kana didn’t just take the box, she guffawed while he tried to look really proud.

“Wait…wait this is funny. Can I Instagram it?”

“No!...Happy White Day.”

“What is it? Gukkie...is this lingerie?!”

“What? No! I am more cultured than that! And creative!”

“Okay,” she stifled her laughter and finally opened the darned thing. “Wait, did you really buy the box? Because that’s hilarious—” She stopped midsentence when he gave her one of his more serious looks. He really regretted having it "professionally" wrapped by one of those stationary stores.

The glittery tissue paper and heart confetti came away and revealed one of his iPod nanos. Kana picked it and turned it in her hands, looking at him for an explanation. “I put a bunch of playlists in there with songs that I really like…and I hope you like them too. There’s also songs that are…you know, appropriate for today…and describe our relationship really well, na mean? Yep.”

Yongguk grunted as Kana all but tackled him with a hug. He breathed out a sigh of relief and hugged her back. “Gukkie…I love it,” she said finally as she smiled brilliantly at him.

“So, um, dinner?” he said as he opened the car door for her.

Kana plugged the iPod into the car's sound system and played the first song on "Playlist 1".

To Yongguk's surprise and horror, the voices of a children's choir began singing the Pororo theme song.

She turned down the volume and asked, “So, ‘Pororo’s Theme Song’ is our song?” He could hear the laughter in her voice and felt the tips of his ears burn red.

Yongguk grabbed the iPod. There was no way he could have possibly…yep, wrong iPod. What the hell.

 

 


 

 

Woo! Happy White Day, readers and subscribers! Thanks for reading/subscribing/being awesome! Exams are coming up again, but I'll be back for Spring Break with more One Shots (one shot! Only one shot! *push up dancing*) so this is my (early) gift to you!

When I Googled "White Day", white lingerie was on the list of possible gifts haha

Make sure to leave your thoughts/comments in the comments section! ^^