Only Those Two Times

Bang Yongguk

"There's only a few times when Bang Yongguk is happy...when doing music and when exercising. Only those 2 times."

Kana shut off the TV, feeling too bitter to continue watching the latest "B.A.P ATTACK!" episode. "Only those two times huh? Pft." 

 

"C'mon, Kana-bear, we're almost there."

Kana wiped the sweat from her brow and tried inhaling slowly. Hiking to catch the sunset had seemed like a brilliant idea...before the actual hike. At the high altitude and in the unforgiving summer weather, Kana was heaving her lungs in the attempt to keep up with her athletic and muscular Yongguk. Her exhaustion didn't go unnoticed; he'd offered to piggyback her to the top, but she'd refused because dignity.

"You're going to love the view. It'll be perfect with the sun setting. C'mon."

His encouragement was endearing, but she was starting to care less about the rewarding view at the top when was rasping for air. 

Yongguk paused and chuckled when she shoved him, "I got this."

"Right. I'm going to check the path ahead first, okay?"

"And leave me to die? Okay."

He pecked her cheek with a kiss. "I believe in you." Yongguk smiled brilliantly and Kana was temporarily blinded by its beauty...the same beauty that convinced her to agree to this crazy hike. 

When he was finally out of view, Kana allowed herself to lean over with her hands on her knees as she attempted to catch her breath. Seriously, why was there such a difficult hiking trail? Where was the oxygen? How did a smile even convince her? She sighed internally and hung her head. Sometimes adopting your significant other's hobbies to make them happy was hard. Yongguk had been on such a long tour (she'd counted the boarding passes in his passport) and now that he finally, finally had time to rest, Kana made a promise to herself to make his happiness more important than hers...

"There's only two times you're happy huh? Pft." Kana took a long drink from her water bottle and trudged up the slope, hoping there was a downhill at some point. The backpack straps were cutting into her shoulders and the small, scratchy plants on both sides of the path weren't making it any easier.

To her relief, Yongguk came jogging (how he was jogging after the greuling two hours was beyond Kana) towards her, a huge grin on his face. "There's a downhill path that crosses with the way back and it leads to a waterfall. Let's take that path instead?"

Kana nodded wordlessly and he took her hand, guiding her over the rocks and uneven path. They continued in a comfortable silence and Kana nearly jumps in joy when she hears the gushing waters of the waterfall. The sky was already starting to turn a brilliant red orange with the sun barely peeking out from behind streaks of clouds. City lights formed a blanket of bright lights below them. With a content sigh, Kana sat on a boulder and absorbed the view. 

There was the shutter of a camera and she turned in surprise to Yongguk. 

"You look beautiful..." he smiled sheepishly.

She laced their fingers together and leaned against him. "Thanks for taking me here, Gukkie..."

The downhill hike was infinitely easier and Yongguk made a point to hold onto her hands tightly. Kana didn't mind and let him tell her about the ridiculous shenanigans that went on while he was on tour. She missed how animated he became when he talked about the things he loved...performing and music. 

It was nightfall when they reached the parking lot. Yongguk made a show of opening the car door for her. "In you go, Princess. Congratulations on surviving."

Kana bit back a smile. "I'm so sorry for being so...weak, Gukkie. We didn't make it to the top like we said we would because I was too--"

"Yah, don't apologize," he reprimanded, expression serious. "Any view is beautiful, as long as you're there with me."

"Yah," she mumbled, face burning and heart leaping to . "You're so cheesy."

Yongguk leaned in and kissed her gently. "I'm happy when I'm with you, too," he smiled, a mischievious glint in his eyes.

"What...oh, OH. Ha ha..." 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Wow...I did not expect to be gone for so long. I am so sorry for the long wait! I've honestly just been busy with real life and that meant not having time to write or update. T_T

But thank you all so much for being patient! You guys are seriously the best. I really didn't expect these one shots to go anywhere, they were just posted for my own entertainment, so I'm glad that someone else enjoys them too. Thank you!

Please leave comments and let me know what you think! ^^