Late Night Studying

Bang Yongguk

Kana slapped her hand around her dining table, trying to locate the source of constant buzzing...her phone. She cracked open an eye to look at the screen and Yongguk's name glared back as if the letters themselves were angry for being ignored. It took all her energy to sit in an upright position (instead of sleeping on her books) and she finally answered the call.

"Hello?" she croaked. There was a pause.

"Were you sleeping?" Yongguk's voice cleared the sleep from her bones and she guiltily opened her textbook again.

"Yes...but it was only twenty minutes!"

"Kana you can sleep you know. You've studied enough."

"Thanks supportive boyfriend. I'll call you back tomorrow at 10am when I'm free."

There was some shuffling on Yongguk's side and Daehyun's voice came through, "Noona hwaiting! You can do it noona!" There was some more scuffling and a "Ouch! Hyung, I was just trying to cheer up Kana noona" in the background. Kana stifled her laughter.

"Alright I'll be waiting tomorrow," Yongguk replied quickly.

Kana went back to studying, feeling her stomach go into rebellious mode only minutes later. She scavenged her cupboards and fridge for food but came away pathetically with a few crackers. Studying for finals didn't exactly allow much time for grocery shopping. Or meeting up with Yongguk. She knew it was for the best that they didn't distract each other (from his music-making and her studying) but Kana found herself wishing he'd just drop by to give her a hug. Kana imagined if Yongguk had decided to attend university, he would be studying even harder than she was...which explained why he was texting and calling every few hours to make sure she was on track. 

Just before she was about to nod off again, her phone buzzed.

"Gukkie stop distracting me," she scolded, secretly thankful that he was checking up on her.

"Sorry. Can you come down for a minute?"

"Down? My apartment? Why? Are you here?" she asked, voice rising with excitement. When he confirmed his glorious presence in the parking lot of her apartment building, Kana raced down, PJs and all, only fixing her hair when she saw her reflection on the elevator doors. 

Yongguk was waiting outside, obviously not to stay since his car was still running. Kana slowed her rapid pace to a leisurely stroll and he smiled as she approached. She tried to control her excitement from seeing him and brought it down to tight hug level.

He detached himself quickly and reached into his car for a round soup container. There were a few packets on the side that looked suspiciously like ramen.

"I bought you some soup," he explained.

"And the ramen packets?"

He scratched the back of his head and replied, "To add my own effort, you can add that to the soup..."

Kana couldn't help but laugh. He continued, "Study hard okay? Make sure you eat and sleep too. You're going to do fine Kana-bear." He punctuated the last statement by kissing her on her forehead.

"Thanks Gukkie." She hugged him again before reminding him, "Tomorrow at 10 okay?" He nodded and she headed off, ready to tackle the exam tomorrow morning.

 



A/N: While I was studying for finals, I secretly wished someone would bring me food in the dead of the night and cheer me on...preferably a kpop idol who was really my boyfriend lol so if any of my precious readers need a pick-me-up while studying, here you go!

Also, sorry for the late update! I will try to figure out a regular updating schedule as school starts again. Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and being awesome!