Lightweight

Bang Yongguk

“Gukkie~!”

“Where are you right now?”

“Are you…are you angry? Hahaha…”

“Where are you?”

“I’m…I’m drunk I think…”

“Where are you? Are your friends with you?”

“You want to talk to them…? Okay~”

There was some shuffling and more giggling before a female voice answered the phone. “Hello, is this Yongguk?”

“Yes, are you Kana’s friend?”

“Yeah, she’s um, a bit drunk. We’re at a restaurant in Hongdae. Did you want to pick her up?”

“Yeah, can you text me the address?”

Half an hour after navigating through the night time traffic, Yongguk was waiting patiently in his car at the restaurant’s underground parking structure. He notified Kana’s friend that he had arrived and leaned back into his seat sighing. Kana rarely drank, being as lightweight as she was, let alone get drunk. He wondered if she had taken to different nightly pastimes during his long stay in Japan. During his time there, he had worried she’d be lonely and encouraged her to hang out with her friends. But now that he was back, it’d be as if he never left…right?

A teetering Kana appeared exiting the elevator flanked by two of her friends. He hopped out of the car and opened the passenger door. Her unfocused eyes found him and she grinned, throwing her arms haphazardly on him. The momentum of the motion threw her off balance and he grunted when she threw all her weight into his arms.

“Gukkie~!”

One of her friends sighed. “Yes, the Gukkie that you’ve been cussing out all night. Thanks for picking her up, Yongguk.”

They helped her get seated and buckle up in the car. As he shut the door, he looked to her friends for an explanation. “Do you guys know why she drank so much?”

The friend raised an eyebrow. “I think that’s something you guys should discuss as a couple.”

Her other friend folded her arms and shrugged. “What do you expect? You were gone for over two months. And now you’re back and just as busy.”

“Yah, mind your own business.”

“I was just telling the truth.”

Yongguk rubbed his brow and thanked them. He drove to Kana’s apartment without much trouble; she was fast asleep.

When they arrived however, Kana attempted to climb out of the car on her own.

“Augh, I can’t get out, Gukkie.”

“Your seatbelt is still on, hold on…”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and giggled. “Holding on~!” The difficulty of releasing her seatbelt multiplied by a thousand fold, it felt like he was being held in a chokehold. Once he managed to click the button, he looped his arm under her legs and hoisted her out of the car.

The trip up to her apartment was less eventful. Kana rested her head against his in the elevator and nearly refused to open the door when they arrived. He set her down and demanded the keys.

“Kana, keys.”

She pouted and fished her coat pocket for them. “You’re no fun, Gukkie.” Rolling his eyes, he checked her other pocket, found the key, and ushered her inside.

Yongguk managed to guide her to her bed where she collapsed in a lump. He set about to brewing some tea and sighed as he waited for the tea to steep.

Kana came teetering into the kitchen and leaned precariously against the countertop. “Bang Yongguk.”

He handed her the cup of tea. “Drink up.”

She frowned but did so anyway. After a few sips, “Bang Yongguk.”

“Han Kana, why did you drink so much tonight?”

Kana pouted again and Yongguk began to doubt how long he could stay angry at her recklessness. “I missed you, Bang Yongguk.”

“That’s not an excuse to get completely wasted—”

“I missed you so much, Bang Yongguk, I wanted to drown away all the missing…”

“You can’t drink away—” He paused as Kana stepped forward and curled her fingers around the lapels of his jacket. “…you can’t drink so recklessly, okay?”

She answered him by meeting his lips with hers. The kiss was brief but comfortingly familiar. Kana pulled back abruptly and he saw the tears b in her eyes. As if embarrassed, she buried her head into his chest. “I missed you so much, Bang Yongguk.”

“I missed you too.” He cupped her face in his hand and kissed her again, this time longer and more passionately. Maybe a bit too passionately, because the next thing he knew tongues were involved and Kana was pushing against him with her hands and surprised, he pulled back. He had sandwiched her against the wall and they were both breathless.

“I’m sorry, I…are you okay?”

“I just…my head feels like it’s splitting…”

“You should get some sleep.”

He made sure she finished her tea and got into bed. Sitting at the edge of her bed, he carded his fingers through her hair. Kana’s eyes were fluttering with sleep.

“I’m sorry I was gone for so long, Kana-bear.”

 

The next morning, Kana woke with a splitting headache. She propped herself up in bed and looked at her bedside table. Next to the glaring 8:09AM were a glass of water and two tablets of aspirin. Lifting the glass, Kana noticed the post-it note underneath it. She smiled as she read the message:

I’m dropping by with breakfast at 9. You’re not off the hook though. Gukkie.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Wow I did not expect to be gone for MONTHS. School has been really taking a lot out of me. 

To all my readers and subscribers, thank you for being so patient! I wrote this one shot really fast after realizing that I had been gone for so long, so please excuse the poor writing and lack of plot haha. Let me know what you guys think in the comments!

Also, please leave any suggestions/ideas/requests in the comments! I would love to write one for a reader :)