Concert

Bang Yongguk

 

Yongguk was absolutely stoked. In fact, he had exhausted his entire vocabulary trying to find the right words to describe this moment. The group was on their way to the first stop of their world tour. A freaking world tour. And their world wasn’t just Asia, it was America too.

He was also secretly exhausted. The intensity of their practices had multiplied by a thousand fold over the past few weeks in preparation for the upcoming concerts. Yongguk knew he was the head of the train though and if he slowed down at this point, the rest of the members would lose steam too. His phone buzzed and Yongguk smiled at Kana’s text.

<3 My Lovely Kana <3: Hwaiting! Guess who I’m going to be screaming my lungs out for today?

Yongguk: The charismatic and handsome Jepp Blackman?

 <3 My Lovely Kana <3: Tell Daehyun that his cutest noona is cheering for him ^^

Yongguk: …

<3 My Lovely Kana <3: Oh I love you too, Gukkie.

Yongguk: I’ll be keeping my eye out for you.

They arrived at the concert venue and started rehearsing for the show later tonight. Everyone was pumped on adrenaline and he didn’t bother trying to calm down the other members. As concert time neared, they hid their nervousness underneath makeup and outfits. It was time to show their fans and everyone how much hard they had worked during the past year.

He found himself holding his breath as they stood on a lift underneath the stage. An introduction montage played and the fans’ screams went from a bearable earsplitting loud to a mind-numbing loud. The director looked at each of the members and counted down with his hand. Five, four, three, two…

Yongguk was propelled onto the stage and greeted by a wave of cheers and screams. Before them was a sea of green Matoki lightsticks and he felt himself grinning despite the heaviness of their first song, Warrior.

It was exhilarating. It was also exhausting. He drenched towels with his sweat and tried to recover his breath in between dancing and rapping. But every time he met eyes with s or riled the fans, it was like someone had given him a shot of adrenaline all over again. It was finally down to the penultimate song, a ballad. Yongguk eyed the second row of the orchestra seats, trying to find Kana, but it was impossible with the identical light sticks and multiple fan boards. As Daehyun wrapped up the chorus and it was his turn to rap, Yongguk came up with a crazy idea.

He hopped off the stage and immediately felt bodyguards press up against his sides. They warded off the stray hands making a grab for him as he rapped his way up past the pit seats. Second row, orchestra, third seat…

And just like that, he found Kana. Their eyes met and he saw the shock and disbelief in her eyes. “What are you doing?” she mouthed. He could only grin in the middle of his performance as he made his way up the steps, rapping the lines to her.

It was Youngjae’s verse and Yongguk let his mic hand drop to his side. The fans were cheering and screaming all around him and the security guards were motioning at him to head back towards the stage. Kana looked like she was about to cry or hug him, he wasn’t quite sure, but he wanted to take her on stage and tell everyone that this was Kana and she meant the world to him.

But he couldn’t.

He couldn’t let the media converge on her and tear her apart. He couldn’t let her be the subject of the cyberbullying that netizens were infamous for. He couldn’t allow her privacy to be stripped away. He couldn’t let anyone or anything hurt her.

Kana noticed the change in his expression and she waved the green Matoki light stick, as if oblivious to his attention. He grinned broadly, threw up his arms to the fans’ cheers, shouted an “I love you!” into the mic, and hoped that Kana knew it was for her.

After the final bow, the group headed backstage, high-fiving staff along the way and exchanging thank you’s. It seemed like hours later when they finally piled into the car and wiped sticky sweat from their brows.

Yongguk unlocked his phone to two missed calls from Kana. Both were from an hour ago, probably right after he swam through the crowd to reach her.

He called her back and immediately joked, “You called me during the concert? Gee, I should’ve brought my phone on stage.”

“I didn’t know how else to respond! I didn’t think you’d be able to pick out my voice yelling, ‘Oppa, I love you so much I’m going to die!’”

Yongguk bit back his laughter at her impersonation of a fangirl. “You should have said it anyway.”

“You weren’t even looking at me when you said, ‘I love you’! Was it even for me?”

“Of course it was for you! Who else would it be for?” There were groans and gagging sounds from the back of the car, but Yongguk did his best to ignore his dongsaengs’ mockery.

“Whatever, Bang Yongguk—”

“Kana, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

“I know. I do appreciate the attempt. You had me hopeful for like two seconds.” He felt a pang of guilt. Kana must have noticed the brief hesitation because she added, “You were the cutest though.”

“Right...bbuing,” he muttered.

Daehyun patted his shoulder and said, “Please spare us the fluff. We are choking back here.”

 

 


 

 

A/N: Wow I have not updated in nearly a month. Schoolwork is really catching up so I'm really sorry for the wait. The next few weeks will be rough for me too, but I will do my best to update!

Thank you for being patient, reading, subscribing, commenting, and being amazing! Please feel free to leave suggestions or requests in the comments! 

P.S. I was literally saying the last two lines to myself LOL is there too much fluff in these one shots? haha let me know!