Apartment: PAID!

Hi Boyfriend, I'm inlove with your Bestfriend!

credits to PurplePop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3GkcJjIgm4

IU - Good Day


 

You almost die of oxygen loss as you carried your luggage up on the third floor. You wanted to scold the maids who packed your luggage for putting too many things inside of it that cause its heaviness. But, you can't do that since you're in Korea.

Upon arriving on the third floor, you can't help but pressed yourself on the wall for support. You keep breathing heavily to call your strength once again.

Once you had regained your strength, you started to push your huge luggage towards your designated room.

Then at that time, something hits your mind. YOU STILL DON'T HAVE YOUR KEYS AND YOUR ROOM NUMBER!!!

"Aissshh! I went up here with nothing?!" you hissed at yourself as you stomped angrily against the cement floor. "Aissshh! What a great day to start in Korea,"

You dragged your feet down to the ground floor to get your room number and your key. As you went downstairs, you can't help but mumble incoherent words and blaming the people around you.

You reached the ground floor with a frown. You started to search for the landlady's room. Good thing, there was an attached notice for you to recognize her room.

You knocked on the door and after seconds, a middle-aged woman greeted you with the same frown you have on your face.

"What are you looking at?!" she shouted at you, making you to stepped back in shock. "Are you just going to gawk at me like that?" she continued to ask, threatening to close the door.

"No!" you shrieked as you prevent the door from closing. "I'm here to get my room number and my key," you said casually.

The landlady looked at your from head-to-toe before she opens to speak.

"Where's your money?" she asked.

You chuckled before looking at her with an 'are-you-serious' look.

"My mother had paid that for me," you confidently answered.

The landlady let out a long 'hmmm' as she continued to stare at you. She suddenly went inside her room and took out a notepad on her cabinet.

"What's your name then?" she asked without looking at you.

"Park Chaerin," you answered with a confident smile.

"Park . . ." the landlady mumbled as she continued to search for your family's name.

"I'm sure Mom paid the house exp--"

"No, Park Chaerin, on the list. Now, pay up before I send you outside," the landlady said, making you to open your jaws.

"Are you sure?" you asked in desperation.

"Yes. No, Park Chaerin on the list." she said as she continued to study the notepad on her hands.

"Let me take a look," you said as you snatched the notepad from the landlady.

You stared at the notepad for a long moment before looking at her with a skeptical look.

"There's nothing written here," you said with wide open eyes.

The landlady sighed in pain as she straightened her back before answering you.

"I only have two tenants here," she said with a bored voice. "One is in abroad right now. And the other, well, he's pretty quiet for me but he pays a good sum of money,"

You looked at her with disbelief before talking.

"Then, why did you bother to look on this empty notepad?" you asked as you flailed your arms wildly.

"I just like to do it," the landlady confessed before glaring at you. "Now, young lady, pay up or I'll send you out,"

You know you're in great trouble. You brought some money with you but it's reserved for your shopping spree later.

"Just a minute, old lady," you said to her, making the landlady glared at you furiously. "I'll call my Mom,"

You stepped a little farther away from the glaring woman as you take out your phone and dialed your mother's number.

After five rings, your mother answered the phone.

"Yeob--"

"MOM!! What's the meaning of this? You still haven't paid the apartment fees?" you asked as you covered your mouth in a whisper.

"Honey, I thought I made it clear to you. You need to stand on your own feet now," your mother said.

"B-but, I don't have money," you lied.

"Ohhh come on, sweetie. Would you care to explain me the 500, 000 won cash, five checkbooks and twenty credit cards on your luggage?" she said.

"Uhhhmmm . . ." you stuttered.

"It's a good thing I took away the five checkbooks and your credit cards in your luggage," she said in a teasing voice.

Upon hearing that sentence, you suddenly felt your body went numb. It feels like someone poured some cold water on your back.

"WHAAAAAAATTT!!?" you shrieked. "You can't-- . . . It was sav--. . . No money. . ."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But, we have a deal. You need to stand up on your own feet now," she said.

"But --"

"No buts! You chose that life so you need to stand up and try to walk there. I told you, once you stepped out of the mansion, you're no longer the spoiled heiress. I should go now, baby. I love you. Bbye," your mother said.

"Wait, Mo--" you were interrupted by the sudden beep on the other line which means your mother had hanged up.

You suddenly to get worry. You only have 100, 000 won in your wallet which means no shopping. You turned slowly to the landlady who is still waiting for you.

"Soooo? Are you going to live here or not?" the landlady asked you with a scowl.

"Just a minute, ahjumma. I'll take my wallet upstairs," you said as you rushed upstair to get your wallet.

You reached the third floor as you gasped for air. You took you wallet from your bag then you ran downstairs to talk with the landlady. You were catching for some air when you reached the ground floor.

"How much?" you asked the landlady.

"5000 won," the landlady replied.

Without any protests, you paid it. Your heart ached when you saw how the landlady crumpled the money on her hands as she gave you your room key.

As soon as you took the key, the landlady closed the door with a bang, shocking you to your wits.

"What a witch," you mumbled as you went upstairs again.