Dreams Do Come True

Hi Boyfriend, I'm inlove with your Bestfriend!

"I already told you. I'm going to pay you next month," you said irritably to the landlady who had called you to discuss matters about your growing debt.

As an heiress, debt is one thing that never existed on your vocabulary and you grew ecstatic as the landlady kept on talking about your debt. Electric bills, water bills, phone bills and apartment fee are the things that kept your eyes bigger and bigger.

"I have only stayed here for one month and this is the amount I need to pay," you asked the landlady as you stared at the numbers on the calculator that kept on growing and growing.

"I'm glad you are suprise. You're the only person who rent and earned a debt like this," the landlady said as she straightened her aching back.

You looked at her with anxious eyes and clasped your hands under your chin as you tried to swoon her with your aegyo skill that never fail you to get what you want.

"What?" the old woman spat back as she looked at you with disgusted face.

"Let me pay you by next month," you said to her with your hands pressed together.

"So, you meant to tell me that I'll be the one who'll pay this amount of money," the landlady asked you. You eagerly nodded at her, thinking that you are finally winning it. But,

"NO." the landlady said with finality, making your shoulders deflated in defeat. "Now, pay up or I'll kick you outside,"

The money that you brought here in Korea was not enough. Yes, you stopped shopping endlessly and going to banquets. But, you spend electricity with grandeur. You even let the lights on when you go to school, making the electric bills to rise that high.

Another thing is that you can't contact your parents. As a very wealthy aristocrats, they are expected to be busy in handling the company so they don't have the time to return home and answer your calls. So, the result? Money keeps on disappearing on your vicinity.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you turned to the busy landlady who keep on punching the keys on the calculator making the numbers add like crazy.

"Please," you pleaded desperately. "Give me one month. I promise I'll pay it as soon as I . . ." you gulped. "I . . . I find a job,"

The landlady stopped punching the numbers and stared at your for a very long time. For a moment, you thought that she will kick you outside. But, the next movements from her made you questioned yourself if you're evicted or not.

She suddenly rose up from her seat and keep the calculator and papers inside the cabinet. She then poured herself a tea and drink it. You were anxiously waiting for her reply, praying that she can let you get off this hook.

"Fine," she breathed. You opened your eyes and gawked at her for a very long moment before letting a squeal of delight that almost killed the poor old woman from shock.

"Omo! I'll promise to pay you by next month," you said as you stood up from your seat. "I-I should find a job then," you said in determination before running towards the door to search for a job.

But before disappearing on her sight, you turned towards the landlady who still has her expresionless face and bowed at her. "Thank you, ahjumma," you said gently before the door closes before you. Without you at her sight, the landlady shakes her head in amusement as she took a sipped of her tea. 

"That girl suddenly thanked me for the first time," she said as she set doen her cup. "Is this her first time thanking other people aside from her parents?" she asked as she turned to the guy who was sitting on a big chair that almost hid him.

"I don't know," he answered as he turned his head to the old woman who keeps on grunting about her aching back. 

"Well, if yes. Then, the Parks don't raise her well enough. She's naive and innocent. How can a little girl manage a huge company?" the landlady asked him with her flailing arms.

"Don't underestimate the Parks. They might be planning something for their daughter. Considering, they even let her roam around here without bodyguards to protect her," the man answered. "And, besides, if Park Chaerin can't handle the company, there's always a marriage that could settle things up,"

"Ohhh, really?" the landlady asked him in a mocked voice. "Sooooooo, are you ready to manage the Park's Company, young master?" she asked as a smile broke out from her face.

 


 

"For the love of pancakes, what is this!?" you asked in a screech tone as you turned your head to the man who gave you a pair of gloves, a  not-so-decent-and-glamorous gloves.

The man just turned to you with a grim expression and answered it coolly, "Gloves,"

"What for?" you asked him in an idiotic face since you can't imagine your pretty hands making way inside those plastic and eeecky so-called gloves.

"For tea parties," the man snorted but you were gullible to retort and you just stared at him then to the slimy gloves before scrunching your face in disgust.

"A fine lady will never ever use such gloves like this," you commented in disgust as you put the pair of gloves between your two fingers as if you're holding a mouse.

The man lets out a sigh before grabbing the gloves from you without permission, "If you're going to complain like some wealthy princess going to a party, then you might leave this place,"

"NO!" you shouted in panic. You quickly took the gloves from his hands and grimaced at the feeling of a warm and oozy feeling against your beautiful hands. "I will need this,"

The man looked at you unamused before barking orders, "You use that gloves for washing the dishes. Being a dishwasher in a ramen house is not a joke, young girl. You need to work fast and I want to see every dishes squeaky clean. Understand?"

You want to ask him how to wash the dishes cleanly since you're too clueless about household chores. But, upon realizing that asking that stupid question will mean no money. And no money means more debt. More debt means no house. No house means living in the streets. Living on streets means NO MORE LUHAN.

You shivered at the thought so you quickly shook your head and threw a sweet smile to the man. He immediately leave you all alone while he made his way to the kitchen to start making ramen.

"Okay, Chaerin! You can do this. You're a Park." you said to yourself to straighten your determination. Your eyes widened when you immediately found a couple of dishes and bowls waiting to be clean. At once, your determination suddenly flew from the window.

You gulped down your saliva as you tried to reach for the first bowl. You took the sponge and squeeze it until foam of bubbles enveloped it. You covered the bowl with bubbles and you smiled at yourself since you're doing well.

After covering the bowl with bubbles, you settle it on the sink. Now, what!? You thought. What is the next step???

"Where are the freaking bowls!?" somebody roared. You started to panic and your hands trembled like crazy.

You quickly shoved the bowls and dishes in the sink but since the gloves that is covering your hands were soaked by bubbles and since you're clumsy, the dishes and bowls slipped out of your grasp and down they go to the floor, ending their lives.

"What the is that!?" the man bellowed in anger when he heard the crashing noises. He went inside and found you staring at the crashed dishes as if they'll turned into toads.

You looked at the man and gulped down. "Uhmmm . . . . Blame the gloves," you said.

 

"Aisssshh! I can't believe I got fired like that," you said as you stumped the ground with your fiery steps, making the passerbys to looked at you in an odd way. "I already have it. I already have it on my hands. And, just like fairytale, it disappears like poooof!" you created magical sounds with your hands.

"What poof?" somebody familiar asked you. You quickly turned your head and found yourself staring at a pair of brown orbs, blinking innocently.

"O-Op-Oppa?" you stuttered upon realizing how close your face to Luhan's face. Luhan flashed you his endearing eyesmile and considering his position, bending a little by your face height, you both looked like characters taken out by a shoujo manga.

"Hey, Chaerin. What's up?" he asked you as he straightened himself, disappointing you since your face is not close to his anymore. Yet, you still smiled at him.

"I guess, I'm fine," you muttered which made Luhan blinked at you. "Anyway, where the others?" you asked as you peered at his back wanting to see the others, too.

Ever since the incident at the campus trip, EXO and you become good friends. You found them funny and endearing though they still can be a jerk to you, especially that -face guy. Befriending EXO doesn't mean you treat Yoona fair. You still hold a grudge at her for being Luhan's girl and sitting with them during lunch made you sulked like a spoiled child everytime you see them flirting. So, that's the reason why you end up talking with EXO.

"They're not here," Luhan said with a chuckle, seeing you pout in disappointment. "Lay went back to China to visit her mother. Kris have some work to do. Tao is at his wushu classes. Chen is probably on his bed since he has some nightshift work yesterday,"

"The others?" you pressed on when Luhan stopped midway to stare at a particular place.

"Well, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are probably playing some video games in our dorm, I don't know with those two's craziness. Kai and Sehun have some things to finish at school. Suho and Kyungsoo is with me but I told them I'll stroll around the place while they go shopping for grocery," 

"How about Xiumin?" you suddenly blurted out, shocking yourself for asking about that nerd.

"Him?" Luhan asked with a teasing smile. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Chaerin. But, he lives in a different dorm. Plus the fact that he doesn't usually tell things to us,"

"Ohhh," you said with a quite worried tone.

"But, don't worry. He still visits our dorm sometimes just to check if Chanyeol didn't burn the house down or Suho drinking soju or Baekhyun and Chen fighting over the karaoke. And, he sometimes eat dinner with us," Luhan said with a pleasant smile on his face, the smile that always make your knees wobble.

You just smiled at him in reponse, afraid to release words you are not yet prepared to say. Both of you walked down the busy streets of Seoul quietly. You bit down a smile formin on your lips when you felt his arms brushed against your arm.

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! His arm brushed against my arm!!! OhhhhMyGosssshh! I should call my mother now and tell her to order the wedding dress for me.

"Chaerin," Luhan called out, snapping you out of your thoughts immediately. 

"Yes?" you asked dreamily.

"You want to grab some food?" Luhan said as he tilts his head on a nearby store.

"Ahhh . . . . . No! No!" you said as you waved your hands at him to decline to his offer. Seriously, you loved it more if both of you just walked by the street. Who might knows? You might end up both kissing each other. Another fact is that you're in a tight budget and you are trying to stay away from restaurants and tea shops.

"Come on, Chaerin. My treat," Luhan said as he dragged you to walk to the store.

"No, Oppa. I'm not--" your stomach interrupted you, creating a noise which meant to say 'Feed me. You ungrateful princess'. "Hungry." you ended lamely, processing in your mind that you just let out the shameful growl ever in your life.

"Mmmhmmm. . . But, I don't think that's what your stomach is trying to say, Miss Chaerin," Luhan chuckled as he dragged you at the nearby restaurant.

To your surprise, he walked past by the elegant restaurant and dragged you at an ice cream shop.

"Ice cream? For lunch?" you asked him.

"Yes. Why not?" Luhan said with a smile to you. "Come on. Let's go get some," he said as he dragged you without waiting for your response.

Both of you chose the table at the corner of the shop. Since you're clueless, Luhan decided to order the flavor of ice cream for you. You just nodded at him since you're busy oggling at him. Ohhh, how you wish the two of you get marry someday.

"You know what, Yoona and I are regular visitors of this shop," Luhan suddenly said. Upon hearing Yoona's name from Luhan, a frown immediately spread on your face and to your horror, Luhan pointed it out.

"Is there something wrong, Chaerin?" he asked in concern.

"Huh? Uhmmm . . . Nothing," you answered as you awkwardly shift on your seat. After one minute of silence, your sundaes arrived and was placed on the table before the two of you.

Luhan quickly took his spoon and took a bite on the sweet before letting out a girlish purr of satisfaction while you, on the other hand, stared at the sundae before you as if it's a new discovery.

"What flavor is this, Luhan?"you asked as you turned the glass around to observe the odd sundae.

"Butter pecan," Luhan said. 

"I don't know there is such flavor like that," you confessed shyly before taking your spoon and putting it on your mouth. The unusual flavor brought you the next level. It is not quite sweet but the nutty flavor tickled your tongue and that's what you like about food.

"This is delicious," you complimented as you waved your spoon over the sundae. Luhan just smiled at you then shyly muttered, "Can I taste it?"

"Well, if you will let me taste yours," you said, eyeing his sundae. Luhan let out a laugh before the two of you exchanged each other's ice cream.

Luhan just order a plain chocolate sundae but still, the taste is everlasting on your tongue. You put another spoonful of chocolate sundae on your mouth and another and another. You're too oblivious of your surrounding because of the fact that the sundae is really good.

"Chaerin," Luhan called out. You looked up at him and saw him chuckling by himself. "That is still MY sundae," he said, pointing at the almost half-fill glass before you.

You shyly bowed at him before mumbling a 'Sorry' which made Luhan laughed. You looked at him, totally clueless of everything. Before you could even ask, you felt a gentle pressure on the corner of your lips and found it was Luhan.

"You should eat like a lady, Chaerin," Luhan grinned as he wiped off the cream at the corner of your lips. You nodded at him innocently before shifting your attention at the sundae before you.

But, the inner you is practically jumping in joy at how intimate Luhan wiped your lips. You wished it was his lips that should have take off the cream. Thinking of that scene made your face turned in beet red.

You slowly looked up and found Luhan quietly finishing your ice cream as he lets out a purr of satisfaction. You can't help but to bite your smile at how adorable your prince is. Seeing him like that makes you want to pinch his cheeks. Both of you stayed at the shop for quite a while and both of you exchanged some funny stories which made the both of you comfortable with each other.

The day had ended. Suho, Kyungsoo and Luhan had dropped you in your place and you waved at them in goodbye with a bright smile on your face. This day was really a magical day to you. All those Disney movies that you watched when you were five are slowly coming true. 

That night before you could even drift to sleep, you realized that dreams do come true. . .