Niel's Past [part 3]

The Mansion

Niel's Past [part 3]

 

 

'H-hyung is that you?' L.Joe asked.

'Yah, can I live with you right now?' I asked.

'Why hyung? Is there something wrong? Come inside! The rain is pouring heavily!' L.Joe muttered.

 

I went inside L.Joe's house. I really don't know how did I get there. Maybe, mom dragged me here because she knew that L.Joe's parents are caring and good friends with them. 

 

'Go sit on the couch first hyung. I'll be going to get you some clothes.' L.Joe said. 

'Okay. Thank you L.Joe. Wait, is your parents there? Can you asked them if I could talk to them?' I asked. 

'Ne, they're on their own room. Sure, I'll tell them that your here' L.Joe asked. 

 

L.Joe went upstairs while I was left in the family room. It was so quiet. All you can hear is the strong wind making the rain dance and hit the window, thunder clasping outside the house. L.Joe house is too big. I heard footsteps behind. I look back and saw L.Joe, holding a bunch of clothes in his arm. 

 

'Here are the clothes hyung. You can use the bathroom next to the kitchen door.' he said.

'Thanks' I replied. 

 

I took the clothes in L.Joe's arm and went to the bathroom. I locked the door and look myself at the mirror. Still the necklace is glowing. I took of my clothes and took a short bath. I let the hot, warm water hit my skin. It removes all of the things I saw. After taking a bath, I change my clothes and went back to L.Joe's family room. I saw his parents sitting and waiting for me. I bowed at them and took my seat. 

 

'So, is there any problem my dear?' L.Joe's mom asked.

'Umma and appa..' I said. 

'Son, go upstairs first.' L.Joe's dad pointed at him. L.Joe stood up and went upstairs.

'Why? What happened to them?' L.Joe's dad asked.

'Appa killed.... umma' I whispered. 

'But... how?' L.Joe umma asked. 

 

I started telling them what happened and I sobbed. Their reactions was so shocked and can't even believe. 

 

'We need to tell you something Daniel..' L.Joe's mom said. 

'You're real father is dead. Your mother met him in the bar, drunk so your mother let her live first in your house. You're still a toddler when your real father died so you cannot remember anything. Sorry for keeping this secret to you.' L.Joe's dad said.

 

So, they knew it all along. Should I feel bad to them? Should I feel sorry for them? Should I just forgive them and give them a condition? Shzzz, a lot of problems are rushing to my mind. First, how can I ever forget my fathers scene, second my father killing himself, third they knew all about it. 

 

'I-it's okay' I stuttered. I just need to accept their apology so I can be their son.

'Do you want to stay with us starting from now on?' L.Joe's umma asked.

 

I heard heavy footsteps rushing downstairs. I look to my right and saw L.Joe, rushing to the couch.

 

'Is that true umma?! Niel hyung can live with us?!' he yelled.

'If it's okay with him' L.Joe's dad responed.

'Please hyung! Stay with us! Please please please please please!' L.Joe whined at me and started doing his aeygo. Aish, this dongsaeng.

'Is it okay with you maam?' I said.

'Starting from now on, don't call me mam. Call me umma and call him your appa' she pointed that L.Joe- I mean appa.

'Okay u-umma.' I stuttered.

'Yey! I got a brother! Wohooo! OHYEAH!' L.Joe keep on jumping up and down, yelling.

'Come on hyung! I'll show you our room!' he grabbed my hand and started dragging me upstairs.

 

You know what, accepting their apology is not a bad thing after all. At least, I got new parents. But, I still need to recover from my mother's death, appa killing himself and everything. I hold onto my necklace and smile. I knew mom knows that they will accept me so she brought me here. Thank you, umma.