Chapter 8

My Prince Charming

 

                The next day, Key woke up to cook breakfast for the two that were still in bed. While he was cooking, his mind kept on going back to when Jonghyun had his hands on his face. He could still see his handsome face and his puppy eyes; Key shook his head and tried to concentrate on his cooking before he burned anything. After he was done, he called up to the rooms but there were no responses. He went up to Jinki’s room first and knocked on the door. When he peeked in, he was still wrapped up in his blankets. Key harshly tugged on the blankets, making Jinki roll onto the floor with a loud thud.

                “That hurts, Key” Jinki groaned as he tried to pick himself up but end up tripping on the blankets and landing on his again.

                “Serves you right, I called you but you didn’t respond and don’t say you can’t hear me, I know my screams are ear splitting loud” Key smiled before leaving the room to wake Taemin up. When he arrived at Taemin’s room, he looked in and saw him all curled up in the blankets with his stuffed animals, he could only see the fluff of hair appearing on the pillow. Key wanted to pull his Taebaby into a tight hug and that was what he did. He went over to the bed and pulled Taemin up.

                “Taebaby, time to wake up, umma made breakfast” Taemin’s eyes started to flutter open, his bed head and puffy cheeks made him even more adorable.

                “My baby is so cute” Key cooed as he lightly tapped Taemin’s to go wash up. He watched as Taemin and Jinki sleepily collided with each other while heading to the bathroom and then just decided to use it together. After 5 minutes, they both came out looking a bit more refreshed and alert, they sat down at the table and started to munch on the food.

                “So Key, what is this date that Taemin had been telling me? Is he coming to pick you up tonight?” Key nearly choked on his drink, he didn’t expect Jinki to be so direct about it.

                “It’s not a date! It’s just a causal dinner, I didn’t even agree to be his boyfriend yet” Taemin and Jinki both smiled at each other, they knew Key is starting to like Jonghyun but didn’t want to admit it.

                “Is appa going to pick you up tonight, umma? You should wear your special pants so you can show off your y ” Taemin high fived with Jinki but earned a hit from Key.

                “Who taught you words like that?! Stay innocent, Taebaby” Key ruffled Taemin’s hair before gathering the dirty dishes to wash. Both Taemin and Jinki went back to their rooms when Taemin got a call from Minho.

                “Hi, hyung! What’s up?” Taemin happily replied, hearing Minho’s voice always made him happy.

                “Hey, Taemin. I was just wondering whether you wanted to go out for dinner tonight. I know Jonghyun asked Key out and I was afraid that you might be bored at home” Taemin wanted to agree right away but he had to worry about his hyung.

                “I don’t know if I can hyung. My cousin, Jinki hyung came to visit us so I don’t think I would be able to leave him all alone” Taemin pouted, even though he wanted to go with Minho, he couldn’t just leave Jinki home by himself the second day coming here. Luckily, Jinki just so happened to have walked passed at the right moment.

                “Taemin, don’t worry about me. I actually have a date tonight too so you can go out with your boyfriend” Taemin blushed, it felt nice hearing people call Minho his boyfriend.

                “Actually hyung, Jinki hyung said he has a date tonight too, so I guess you can come pick me up half an hour after umma leaves. I think after he saw the...hickey...he wasn’t too happy about it” Taemin’s hand automatically went up to his neck.

                “Okay, then just tell me when you’re ready and I’ll come over. Love you” Minho said before he hung up. Taemin was shocked at hearing what Minho had said to respond and before he knew it, Minho had hung up. Taemin immediately went to look for Key, and obviously finding him in the kitchen.

                “Umma, what time is appa going to pick you up today?” Key was busy cleaning the kitchen; he always likes it sparkly clean.

                “He said he’s going to arrive at 6:00, why Taebaby? Do you have a date with that Frog again?” Key was furiously scrubbing and counter, making Taemin cover his neck before talking to him again.

                “No, I was just wondering so in case someone rang the doorbell, I wouldn’t open the door to strangers” Taemin said cutely, and Key being the umma couldn’t resist not pinching his cheeks.

                “My Taebaby is so cute! Like umma like son I guess” Key was in a much better mood now. Taemin ran upstairs and sent a text to Minho telling him to come over at 6:30, he didn’t want to risk Key coming back after 10 minutes to come back in case he forgot something. It was almost 6:00 when the doorbell rang, Taemin quickly ran to get it.

                “Appa! Umma’s still getting ready, I’ll tell him to hurry up” Taemin was about to run to tell Key when Jonghyun stopped him.

                “It’s all right, Taemin. I don’t want Key to yell at us for making him rush” Taemin nodded and dragged Jonghyun to the couch. They just sat down when Jinki came downstairs, all dressed up to go on his date.

                “Oh Taemin, I didn’t know we had a guest. Hi, my name’s Onew, I’m Key and Taemin’s cousin” Jonghyun took his hand and shook it. Taemin quickly gave Jinki a kiss before he left.

                “If Minho saw that, he would’ve thought you were cheating on him” Jonghyun laughed as he saw Taemin’s eyes open.

                “Don’t say that! He’s my cousin, what you said kind of grossed me out a little” Taemin said as he tried to get the image of Jinki as his boyfriend out of his mind. He wouldn’t have any other person in the whole world to be his boyfriend except for Minho. Key made a grand entrance by coming into the living room unexpectedly; he was wearing a pair of black jeans that showed off his and a grey top that showed off his collar bones. Taemin was pretty sure wherever he went; he would get everyone’s attention. Key kissed Taemin before leaving with Jonghyun who couldn’t help but stare at Key’s since he was walking behind him. Jonghyun gave Taemin a thumb up for suggesting those pants and Taemin just waved. When he saw the car disappear, he quickly ran to his room to get changed. Since he didn’t know where Minho was going to be taking them, he slipped on a casual grey sweater similar to Key’s but it revealed more of his collar bones. Taemin slipped on a pair of black jeans that showed off the length of it, making anyone that looks at it want to run their hands down on it.

After he was done, he sat down on the couch and patiently waited for Minho. Questions ran through his mind like ‘would Minho like what he was wearing’, ‘where are they going’, and even the extreme one, ‘would Minho like to have with him’. Taemin didn’t even notice that 15 minutes had passed until he heard the doorbell; he jumped up and ran to answer it. Minho was standing in front of him with a huge smile on his face. Taemin looked at their outfits, Minho was wearing a black jacket, white top, and dark blue jeans. Taemin felt so underdressed for wherever they were going to. Minho must’ve saw Taemin’s pout and his eyes going over their clothes.

“You look beautiful tonight, Minnie. Can I call you that?” Taemin shyly nodded before grabbing his cellphone and locking the door. He followed Minho to his car and waited for Minho to start driving.

“Where are we going for dinner tonight, hyung?” Taemin looked at Minho curiously, last time Taemin suggested the little restaurant, Minho’s taste might be a bit more formal. After about 10 minutes drive, they arrived at a fancy restaurant, one that has dress code in order to enter. As soon as they walked up to the front entrance, the hostess bowed and led them to their table without being asked. Taemin looked around; everywhere you could see men in suits and women in evening gowns. He looked down at his clothes and saw that he looked really poor compared to them. The hostess brought them to the VIP room and told them the server was going to right with them. Minho pulled out a chair for Taemin, making him blush before sitting down. Taemin picked up the menu from the table and started looking at it.

“What do you want to eat, Minnie? Don’t worry about the price, I’m treating you tonight” Taemin nodded and looked at the menu, his eyes went wide. Everything here was so expensive, a simple appetitzer was already $45, and he didn’t know what to do. The server came to the table and asked if they were ready to order.

“Umm... what’s the cheapest item on the menu?” the server paused for a second before flipping to the correct page and showed Taemin the item. Minho shook his head and took the menu out of Taemin’s hands.  He ordered the set meals for lovers and asked for one of their best wine. The server nodded and went out, Taemin was about to protest but Minho stopped him.

“Minnie, I know that you don’t want me to spend that much money on you, but I want to. No amount of money is equal to how much you’re worth in my heart” Taemin blushed furiously when he heard that. Minho took one of Taemin’s hands on the table and held it in his, Minho loved touching the warm and soft hand of his boyfriend, it made his heart beat faster all the time.

Meanwhile, Key and Jonghyun were in the middle of their dinner. They went to another restaurant across town so there was no way Key would realize that Taemin had left with Minho. Also, Jonghyun was planning to keep Key to himself all night.

“Yeobo, how do you like the food? I especially picked this restaurant since you like to cook food so much. The special event is that the chef would personally come out and prepare the food in front of us. You can learn all the secrets all you want” Key tried to hide excitement but he really wanted to learn more recipes and be able to cook delicious foods for this loved ones. They had just finished the appetizers and entrees and now it’s the main course. The chef came into the private room with his table prepared with all the special ingredients. It was good that Key had a very good memory or else this special treat would’ve been wasted.

“Jonghyun, there’s no need to spend so much money on me. A simple dinner would be fine, you didn’t have to spend so much on our date” Key was busy watching the chef that he didn’t even realize what he had said until he felt Jonghyun staring at him.

“Yeobo, you just admitted that we’re going on a date, which means you have some feelings for me! I’m so happy I could kiss you right now!” Jonghyun got up and ran over to Key’s side, trying to kiss him somewhere.

“Jonghyun stop it! Jonghy-“Key’s words were cut short when Jonghyun’s hands held Key’s head straight. Key saw Jonghyun’s face getting closer and closed his eyes, waiting for his lips. However, instead of feeling it on his lips, he felt Jonghyun’s lips on his forehead. Jonghyun kept his lips there for a few more seconds before stepping back, Key’s face had turned beet red which Jonghyun found really adorable.

“Yeobo, I know that you’re still not comfortable with skinship, but I’ll wait for you. I won’t kiss you until you want it” Key melted; he’d never thought that Jonghyun would be so different that what he imagined him to be. Not only did he treat him well, he didn’t take advantage of him.

“T-Thank you, I really appreciate that, Jongie” Key said as he hid his face in his hands, since Jonghyun called him yeobo, he thought a nickname might be good. Jonghyun had a huge smile on his face; he looked like a puppy seeing his owner after a week. If he had a tail, it would’ve been wagging faster than the speed of light right now. Key giggled at Jonghyun’s expression, he found him really adorable, like a little puppy. Maybe Key wouldn’t mind having him by his side, after a few more minutes, the chef placed the two dishes in front of them and left for them to enjoy. It seems like Key ate twice as much since Jonghyun kept on feeding Key his food. Key decided to be nice for once and held the fork towards Jonghyun’s lips, who immediately ate it and his lips.

“You know what we just had, yeobo? You willingly had an indirect kiss with me, which means you kissed me!” Key giggled at Jonghyun’s reaction, and then what was all that time that he ate from Jonghyun’s fork? Guess he wasn’t the smartest puppy out there. It was during dessert that they were the cheesiest, they were kept on feeding each other the food and Key decided to tease by using his finger to wipe some food from Jonghyun’s cheek and placed it in his mouth.

“Delicious” Key said as he smiled at Jonghyun and continued to eat, trying to ignore the smile that says ‘I want to spend my whole life with you’. When they finished eating, Key got into Jonghyun’s car and was expecting him to drop him home. However, he saw them going to wrong direction and started to panic.

“Jongie, you know we’re going to wrong way right? My house is in the other direction” Key pointed to behind them but Jonghyun just continued to smile.

“I know yeobo, but it’s almost 11:00 right now, if I drive you home right now, you’ll probably get home around 12:00. I don’t think Taemin and Onew would like it for you to come home so late and interrupt their sleep. Besides, I’m sure Onew can take care of Taemin, don’t worry” Key was about to protest but they were already heading further and further from his house that he decided to sleep over at Jonghyun’s house tonight. His mood lifted a bit when he realized that he would be sleeping in Minho’s house. He can finally have some time to question Minho and threaten him not to make Taemin cry. What Key didn’t know was that Minho wasn’t coming back to sleep tonight.